Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:06:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning Python Give Me Suggestions!  (Read 787 times)
Honored Olympus (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:45:44 AM

Learning python..just got my raspberry pi delivered & I'll be learning on there then hopefully when I've reached a point where I'm confident and good at python create something with the raspberry PI and use it as a little project and putting my code into practice along the way.

Anyone have any suggestions I'll be using "learn python the hard way" is that a good resource or maybe you know better? I'm looking for some videos on youtube too that would help a bunch.

thanks in advance peeps!
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 03:19:50 AM

Start thinking big, but in a small box. Set up a web server and figure out how to change gpio outputs via python/php. My last pi project before getting a real job was a php based garage door opener. That was slick.

Exotic Crown

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:39:09 AM

I'm assuming you are using the free version of the book...which doesn't include the videos....well this youtube channel has some videos based on that very same book. It's good for extra help.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCHnubFzFwjJVEvQk-FuEynAuwGV_4BNS

That's the link & that's what I started to learn off around 6 months ago. He has 37 topics to go through from setup to more advanced concepts.

Of course I would recommend the book you are currently studying as its probably the best FREE resource out there...there are other books which might be a little bit better but for starters learn what you are already learning as it will give you the basics which you can then pretty much self learn in the future if you need to do a certain thing within your program.

I like your idea with the raspberry pi thing wish I thought of that...thats a fun way of trying out your code and having fun whilst doing it.

Wish you all the best & good luck...learning python will be the best thing you've done in awhile!

EDIT: If you are not familar with the cmdline: then he also has some tutorials on that which the book goes over right at the start! It can intimidating if you just started to learn Linux. The raspberry Pi uses the terminal which is found in any Linux distro...it's basically a cmd line which you find in Windows.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCHnubFzFwjLDKwWQhH3BlGA9OasLKIFl
Flawless Zeus

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:00:06 AM

Look on amazon there are a few books....I haven't looked at the website/book or whatever you are talking about so can't comment.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:51:26 AM

Learning python..just got my raspberry pi delivered & I'll be learning on there then hopefully when I've reached a point where I'm confident and good at python create something with the raspberry PI and use it as a little project and putting my code into practice along the way.

Anyone have any suggestions I'll be using "learn python the hard way" is that a good resource or maybe you know better? I'm looking for some videos on youtube too that would help a bunch.

thanks in advance peeps!
I'm assuming you are using the free version of the book...which doesn't include the videos....well this youtube channel has some videos based on that very same book. It's good for extra help.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCHnubFzFwjJVEvQk-FuEynAuwGV_4BNS

That's the link & that's what I started to learn off around 6 months ago. He has 37 topics to go through from setup to more advanced concepts.

Of course I would recommend the book you are currently studying as its probably the best FREE resource out there...there are other books which might be a little bit better but for starters learn what you are already learning as it will give you the basics which you can then pretty much self learn in the future if you need to do a certain thing within your program.

I like your idea with the raspberry pi thing wish I thought of that...thats a fun way of trying out your code and having fun whilst doing it.

Wish you all the best & good luck...learning python will be the best thing you've done in awhile!

EDIT: If you are not familar with the cmdline: then he also has some tutorials on that which the book goes over right at the start! It can intimidating if you just started to learn Linux. The raspberry Pi uses the terminal which is found in any Linux distro...it's basically a cmd line which you find in Windows.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCHnubFzFwjLDKwWQhH3BlGA9OasLKIFl
Look on amazon there are a few books....I haven't looked at the website/book or whatever you are talking about so can't comment.

Usernames:

Honored Olympus
Exotic Crown
Flawless Zeus

You're being too obvious.
liteboozer

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:24:55 AM

How about going into youtube for some tutorial videos?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: