Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:07:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FRAUD WARNING  (Read 4677 times)
punin (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2014, 06:23:59 AM

==============================================================================================================================================

FRAUD WARNING
There is a growing number of Internet sites using the “BitFury” name, purporting to represent BitFury and positioning themselves as official information resources for BitFury. These fraudulent web sites do not have our permission to represent us. We believe that their sole purpose is to defraud our customers and partners.
BitFury reserves the right to take legal action to stop fraudulent activities conducted by dishonest market players. BitFury does not assume any responsibility for potential risks related to the use of any information posted at any non-BitFury web site. These web sites are NOT official information resources for BitFury or its subsidiaries. If you receive any commercial offers from companies whose web site names were made up to resemble the domain names of the BitFury group of companies, please report such facts to us at:  [support@bitfury.org]. The official site of Bitfury is www.bitfury.com or www.bitfury.org.

====================================================================================================================================

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 06:29:56 AM

==============================================================================================================================================

FRAUD WARNING
There is a growing number of Internet sites using the “BitFury” name, purporting to represent BitFury and positioning themselves as official information resources for BitFury. These fraudulent web sites do not have our permission to represent us. We believe that their sole purpose is to defraud our customers and partners.
BitFury reserves the right to take legal action to stop fraudulent activities conducted by dishonest market players. BitFury does not assume any responsibility for potential risks related to the use of any information posted at any non-BitFury web site. These web sites are NOT official information resources for BitFury or its subsidiaries. If you receive any commercial offers from companies whose web site names were made up to resemble the domain names of the BitFury group of companies, please report such facts to us at:  [support@bitfury.org]. The official site of Bitfury is www.bitfury.com or www.bitfury.org.

====================================================================================================================================

Well, you fucked up, bud! If you would have operated nefariously like BFL, you wouldn't have people sitting up fake sites to steal away your customers. If I'm not mistaken, only one person made such a mistake mimicking BFL till he came to his senses wondering what the fuck he was thinking and trying to accomplish by representing a scam outfit via a scam outfit. Next time don't be so viable and you wouldn't have these worries.

/s  Grin
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 08:50:59 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 09:31:56 AM by sbogovac

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

Well, you fucked up, bud! If you would have operated nefariously like BFL, you wouldn't have people sitting up fake sites to steal away your customers. If I'm not mistaken, only one person made such a mistake mimicking BFL till he came to his senses wondering what the fuck he was thinking and trying to accomplish by representing a scam outfit via a scam outfit. Next time don't be so viable and you wouldn't have these worries.

/s  Grin

I would still be vary careful dealing with this company;

If you search for them in the Trade Register (at: http://www.kvk.nl/zoeken/#!zoeken&q=bitfury&index=4&site=kvk2014&start=0 ) you'll notice the holding comprises of three "entities":
1. Bitfury Holding B.V. at the Barbara Strozzilaan 201 in Amsterdam,
2. Bitfury R&D B.V. also at the Barbara Strozzilaan 201 in Amsterdam, and
3. Bitfury Development B.V. at the De Klenckestraat 9 in Almere

a. B.V. means: private LLC (so there is no liability beyond the company's assets if the proverbial shit hits the fans), and
b. The main tenant/owner of the adres: Barbara Strozzilaan 201 in Amsterdam is a company called spaces.nl who "offer offices for companies of all sizes" and the number listed at the Chamber of Commerce for Bitfury (+31(0)20-2402400) is the reception of said company (spaces.nl). And the other address (De Klenckestraat 9 in Almere) is "just" a house (see: https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.3884259,5.2617386,3a,75y,347.8h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sreHKm5zecY9ABPSgUruVEQ!2e0 ).

So if we dig further into the financials of this company (at that same Trade Register / Chamber of Commerce) we see that all three companies have not filed (not one) Annual report (which is mandatory on an annual basis for a B.V. / LLC). This could be "perfectly normal" for a company that has been founded in 2014 or even 2013 (although the bitfury website states: "Established in 2011"), but still... Does not allow for a lot of confirmation -> trust.

Then, if we look at the individual companies we see the holding has a whopping 1 employee, the Development bv has none (0, zero) and the R&D bv has also 1 employee. So I wander how much Research and development is going on between these 2 (or maybe the same, so 1) people goes on, without some serious finances (see previous point) to back them (him) up... Further more; this is in total contradiction of what their own website states when you take a look at the "team"...

Lastly the user "punin" takes great care into his signature to mention he's 'Head of Product Development [of] Bitfury Holding B.V. [linking] www. bit fury .com but "forgets" to sign with his real name... All in all not really "reassuring".

Sorry dude, nothing personal. But after being burned by BFL I am very, VERY careful who I deal with in bitcoinland.

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:05:37 AM

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

/s  Grin

If you search for them in the Trade Register (at: http://www.kvk.nl/zoeken/#!zoeken&q=bitfury&index=4&site=kvk2014&start=0 ) you'll notice the holding comprises of three "entities":
1. Bitfury Holding B.V. at the Barbara Strozzilaan 201 in Amsterdam,
2. Bitfury R&D B.V. also at the Barbara Strozzilaan 201 in Amsterdam, and
3. Bitfury Development B.V. at the De Klenckestraat 9 in Almere

a. B.V. means: private LLC (so there is no liability beyond the company's assets if the proverbial shit hits the fans), and
b. The main tenant/owner of the adres: Barbara Strozzilaan 201 in Amsterdam is a company called spaces.nl who "offer offices for companies of all sizes". And the other address (De Klenckestraat 9 in Almere) is "just" a house (see: https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.3884259,5.2617386,3a,75y,347.8h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sreHKm5zecY9ABPSgUruVEQ!2e0 ).

So if we dig further into the financials of this company (at that same Trade Register / Chamber of Commerce) we see that all three companies have not filed (not one) Annual report (which is mandatory on an annual basis for a B.V. / LLC). This could be "perfectly normal" for a company that has been founded in 2013 (or even 2014), but still... Does not allow for a lot of confirmation -> trust.

Lastly the user "punin" takes great care into his signature to mention he's 'Head of Product Development [of] Bitfury Holding B.V. [linking] www. bit fury .com but "forgets" to sign with his real name... All in all not really "reassuring".

Sorry dude, nothing personal. But after being burned by BFL I am very, VERY careful who I deal with in bitcoinland.

FYI: Punin is his real name AFIK
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:14:42 AM

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

Well, you fucked up, bud! I[...]

[...] the user "punin" takes great care into his signature to mention he's 'Head of Product Development [of] Bitfury Holding B.V. [linking] www. bit fury .com but "forgets" to sign with his real name... All in all not really "reassuring".

[...]

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

Sorry, but that just does not seem to me to be a good way of signing as a "Head of Product Development" (of a 2 - or maybe even 1 - man show)...

I have my own company with a similar (holding) structure. Since I am "proud" of that (read: don't have anything to hide or "be afraid of") I sign my "official statements" like this:

Drs. Slobodan Bogovac MBA
Directeur Grootaandeelhouder (DGA)
Bogovac & Bogovac bv

bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:19:44 AM

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

[...] the user "punin" takes great care into his signature to mention he's 'Head of Product Development [of] Bitfury Holding B.V. [linking] www. bit fury .com but "forgets" to sign with his real name... All in all not really "reassuring".

[...]

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

Sorry, but that just does not seem to me to be a good way of signing as a "Head of Product Development" (of a 2 - or maybe even 1 - man show)...

I have my own company with a similar (holding) structure. Since I am "proud" of that (read: don't have anything to hide or "be afraid of") I sign my "official statements" like this:

Bogovac & Bogovac bv

Look at http://www.bitfury.com/team and search the net for "Punin". Although you are right about signature, I meant that this guy does not hide behind some anonymous handle. This is the only thing I meant to say.
sbogovac
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:25:55 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 09:37:01 AM by sbogovac

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

[...]

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

Bogovac & Bogovac bv

Look at http://www.bitfury.com/team and search the net for "Punin". Although you are right about signature, I meant that this guy does not hide behind some anonymous handle. This is the only thing I meant to say.

Yes, found it (I guess it's Niko Punin) but this is even more worrying; if I we search for more info about Bitfury at the Chamber of Commerce I see the holding bv has 1 employee, the Development bv has none (0, zero) and the R&D bv has also 1 employee. So where do all these other people fit into the "team"...Huh (CEO, CTO, CFO - at least - are considered "employees" and who are they "chief" of?)

Sorry, but to me - personally - only more and more red flags arise...

And as I - already - said: nothing personal, but after being burned by BFL I am very, VERY careful who I deal with in bitcoinland. So these "issues" raised here should be dealt with before I would consider doing business with them.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:44:48 AM

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

[...]

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

Bogovac & Bogovac bv

dude, shut up, i dealed with bitfury years ago, they were as legit as u can get ... punin just posted a warning and u try to move the discussion someplace else ... mind your own business
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:45:19 AM

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

[...]

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

Bogovac & Bogovac bv

Yes, found it (I guess it's Niko Punin) but this is even more worrying; if I we search for more info about Bitfury at the Chamber of Commerce I see the holding bv has 1 employee, the Development bv has none (0, zero) and the R&D bv has also 1 employee. So where do all these other people fit into the "team"...Huh (CEO, CTO, CFO - at least - are considered "employees" and who are they "chief" of?)

Sorry, but to me - personally - only more and more red flags arise...

And as I - already - said: nothing personal, but after being burned by BFL I am very, VERY careful who I deal with in bitcoinland. So these "issues" raised here should be dealt with before I would consider doing business with them.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/niko-punin/0/58/263

Go there and read the names on the right sidebar that's associated with Bitfury.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:46:08 AM

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

[...]

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

Bogovac & Bogovac bv

dude, shut up, i dealed with bitfury years ago, they were as legit as u can get ... punin just posted a warning and u try to move the discussion someplace else ... mind your own business

Now, that TONE was 100% uncalled for. Your action just brought Bitfury down a notch.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 09:56:30 AM

FRAUD WARNING
[...]

[...]

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

Bogovac & Bogovac bv

You want to know what's funny. I was basically done with this thread seeing no reason for me to be here... That is until you showed up and posted, then all kinds of red flags rose, so I started me a diggin'.

http://our.windowfarms.org/members/niko/blogs/

http://our.windowfarms.org/

Finland fury plants = Bitfury?

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:09:54 PM

I agree that bitfury are a legitimate company. I have dealt with them in the past and although they had a premium price they delivered on time and had good quality miners.

Message me if you have any problems
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 05:31:48 PM

after getting screwed my first foray into bitcoin mining by AMT Miners i will never mess with bitcoins again. I lost $6k cash being an idiot. i wont do it again.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 07:05:18 PM

Why the worry about the real Bitfury being legit? Of course they are. They are the dominant player in ASIC design and the biggest builder of bitcoin mining DCs in the world. And besides, they no longer build mining gear for retail sale. They're strictly on an industrial/corporate level. If you don't have millions to invest, they're not interested in dealing with you in any capacity.
rammy2k2
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:42:13 PM

Why the worry about the real Bitfury being legit? Of course they are. They are the dominant player in ASIC design and the biggest builder of bitcoin mining DCs in the world. And besides, they no longer build mining gear for retail sale. They're strictly on an industrial/corporate level. If you don't have millions to invest, they're not interested in dealing with you in any capacity.

exactly !!!
stellar69

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:28:20 AM

Thanks for your warning. I was just curious, did anyone get scammed because of the frauds?
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

First name?

Last name?

Only name?!?

It's a shame that people who registered less than a year ago don't seem to know about BitFury or punin. Their 55nm miners were comparable to other people's 28nm product in terms of efficiency.

The good thing is that because they are low key not many people will fall for BitFury scam sites.
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 03:25:07 PM

Now, that TONE was 100% uncalled for. Your action just brought Bitfury down a notch.

Which, of course, is simply untrue. Thanks for trying though.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
intron

Activity: 427
Merit: 251

- electronics design|embedded software|verilog -

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:24:49 PM

--
We are a bit new here, aren't we? Wink
rammy2k2
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:40:56 PM

--
We are a bit new here, aren't we? Wink

ROFL ... noobs just trying to make posts i guess ... or they like to act smart(ass)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: