Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:47:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitSharesX -- out of nowhere?  (Read 5733 times)
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:23:48 PM

Apparently the man is a genius and I shouldn't question his infinite wisdom, but why is DPoS such a great idea? 100 voters to validate each block, right? You know what else has 100 voting members (and one extra for tie breakers) - the US Senate, a veritable model of efficiency and incorruptibility if there ever was one, right?

I concede DPOS as it stands in BitShare isn't perfect, not because of the 101 delegates but because of how little active voting stake is currently needed to select them. However looking at Bitcoin, how many men do you have to get to, to have 51% short term control of Bitcoin? Probably only 3/4 mining pool controllers.

Also I'm personally saying he's a genius in the area of development, that doesn't necessarily equate to being a marketing genius. I think this is where they are weak but they are still way ahead of any credible competitor.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:38:33 PM

The short answer to your question is Daniel Larimer is a genius.

Fully agree with that. I don't like some of his recent decisions, or how the community is going ahead in an ad-hoc manner (with some operating on malicious intents), like HackFisher used a snapshot after 5 days of announcement which has made me suffer losses (again!), but one can't deny the vision of BM and his ability to back it up with his talent.

Toast, when he started working with them at their place, mentioned that the guys already working were on another level altogether which surprised me as from his earlier posts he seemed very competent in his own right.

Yeah sure. He is a genius in robbing you. Wink
ChuckOne

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:43:18 PM

Apparently the man is a genius and I shouldn't question his infinite wisdom

Nobody is perfect.

, but why is DPoS such a great idea? 100 voters to validate each block, right? You know what else has 100 voting members (and one extra for tie breakers) - the US Senate, a veritable model of efficiency and incorruptibility if there ever was one, right?

Did one person not control 5 delegates?
ChuckOne

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:55:14 PM

Apparently the man is a genius and I shouldn't question his infinite wisdom, but why is DPoS such a great idea? 100 voters to validate each block, right? You know what else has 100 voting members (and one extra for tie breakers) - the US Senate, a veritable model of efficiency and incorruptibility if there ever was one, right?

Where are they going? To the slaughterhouse?
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:03:29 PM

BitShares is absolutely a game changer and Dan Larimer truly is a financial/coding genius. Anyone FUDing/shouting scam now will be crying in a few months' time. Don't say I didn't warn ya.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 03:19:33 PM

When bitsharesx lost the x, did owners of bitsharesx have todo anything? Or was the transference of shares automatic. Sorry, I stopped paying attention, and I know how this project likes to create hoops to jump through in order to maintain value.

No, BitSharesX holders don't have to do anything. It's just you've been diluted a bit.

However a lot of new features like BitShares DNS & Vote are going to be added to the platform.
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:34:05 PM

As usual, hard to say who to believe.  I'm sorry to hear about the dilution.

BitUSD is only on Bter and BTC38?  Why is there so much Chinese support for this stuff?
nomoreheroes7

Activity: 326

King of all the land

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:59:13 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 05:15:17 PM by nomoreheroes7

The dilution is likely to be less than 2% per year, and goes directly to funding worthwhile projects (as voted on by the shareholders) to build the entire BTS ecosystem. This is way less than bitcoin's 8% dilution and the new money actually goes to increase shareholder value as opposed to waste it like bitcoin mining does. And the dilution is hard capped at 6.3%, but only the amount shareholders vote for will actually be diluted. Personally, I think the ability to fund BTS growth in this manner is absolutely a killer feature.

BitUSD is mainly traded on the internal BTS exchange; there's too little liquidity on Bter for it right now. That'll change with adoption.
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 11:13:35 PM

The short answer to your question is Daniel Larimer is a genius.

The long answer is they actually held the fund raiser for BitSharesX back in February and they've been working on it since & it was released July 20th then they added BitAssets and they've been fine tuning that. Now it's a lean mean machine ready to take a shot at the title.

It has DPOS which is like POS on steroids and more importantly they have BitAssets which completely solve the volatility problem. You can store the value of a dollar or gold in a completely decentralised way backed by 300% collateral that also pays interest. So sick.

On Nov 5th they merged into one BitShares, so the X should disappear soon. They also have some kind of big marketing push in the pipeline. (It hasn't been marketed at all yet, so get ready for lift off...)

The downside is they've also introduced dilution/inflation starting Nov 5 of up to 8% a year. It's less than Bitcoin and it's directed by shareholders via delegates for development, marketing & charity etc. Ofc a lot of people don't like inflation at all so we'll have to see how that all plays out.

(No the devs aren't Chinese, but they have big Chinese support they lost some with the inflation issue though.
One dev at least is Chinese, 'HackFisher' I think but he's based in the US with them I think and he's been working on BitShares PLAY)

Clearly this project is still standing behind the forum, when it takes public really we will see what happens!

This guys along with ethereum has the best bitcoin 2.0 project imho.
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:21:00 PM

@ Slingshot

Read your post, I agree that you can have your opinion and you can share it here, but to be honest I don't get your point and decide to read your previous posts... it's an explosion of the brain, the summary of your posts: politics/money, money/politics, all will be bad, Bitcoin is Freedom, bad, bad, Bitcoin is Freedom, Better buy bitcoins, politics, all will be bad... I stop at 7th page  Sad

PS: I don't understand why you decide to write something here, according history of your posts, BitShares not something which interested for you.

So the fanboy/scammer of PTS & X comes running to their rescue by attacking the messenger when he doesn't approve. Wow, so original and pure genius. NOT!

But it's so nice to know that you agree someone can have a different opinion and not be personally attacked. NOT. Get real jerk! Your a scammer and fully complicit and guilty of at least aiding and abetting.

As for one's prior posts: here's yours:
Show the last posts of this person. (testz)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=105060;sa=showPosts

Your (testz) is an obvious fanboy and insider? and are doing your best to deflect, misdirect, and obfuscate the facts and truth.

And from the looks of it all you care about is selfish, greed, and scamming others. What a resume! Gotta hand it to ya! Ya got some nerve.

And you went all the way to the 7th page of my prior posts? Wow, I must have really interesting posts! But not so with yours (testz).
How's that for attacking an obvious shill and fanboy of PTS & X.

O, yea, one last thing. I have and do own PTS but finally it's obvious it's been a giant swindle and fraud, but I wont be dumping it onto another dupe because that would be very wrong.

I will be seeing you and anyone else that is complicate enough at your trial(s) for stealing from shareholders. Your not big and bright enough to stay of regulators cross-hairs.

(testz), what a joke. This is the best you have in any rebuttal?

The likes of those very like yourself are extremely likely going to all be frogmarched to prisons where your kind all belong, along with heavy fines, severe claw-backs, and ruinous financial condition from merely the lawyers fees alone.

This is pure selfish, greed, unfettered, and with loads of pure fraud, deceit, and swindle.

*********************************************************************************************************
 If they didn't have such a greed factor they would focus on building something instead of swindling others and coming up with ever more schemes and ever more swindles with ever more currencies while doing nothing else. ********************************

It's okay to fail. It's okay to be an idiot. It's okay to be incompetent. It's okay to be outplayed and out foxed.

*******************************************************************************************************
But fraudulent swindles are not okay. And neither is cooking the books through ever more dilutions through ever more currencies and sub-currencies.****************************************************************************************

It's every Principles Fiduciary Duty to protect shareholders and even speculative investors from known and knowable harms.
*****************************************************************************************************
 Obviously they could care less about any and all fiduciary duties to anyone but themselves.

Bottom Line:

*******************************************************************************************
 All these idiots SEEM to care about is ripping off ever more victims instead of really, truly building anything at all.
*******************************************************************************************

PTS & X are finally found by those shareholders like myself to be obvious scams, schemes, to fleece unsuspecting fools and dupes.
*********************************************************************************************************

This sorta kinda a bit reminds me of the "no  promises at all" of Ethereum with their pay us now up front, and no promises or commitments, but we may or may not do something with all that money you suckers handed us prior to doing anything at all. But then at least Ethereum was wise enough to dot their i's and cross a few t's too. And not get stupid, selfish, greedy, fraudulent.

Maybe Ethereum will prove to not be any scam or scheme. Hopefully. But it didn't pass any smell test with myself, and many others.

Whereas BitShares PTS did at first seem and appear very legitimate, but in the end it proved it's e not even remotely doing anything but apparently swindling their way to dirty monies.

BitShares PTS
http://bitshares.org/
https://bitsharestalk.org/
https://coinplorer.com/PTS

Yes, Bitcoin is true monetary freedom.
=========================
But then that seems to upset certain types. No doubt (testz) was stupid enough to include that remark about this too. What an idiot.

You idiots should not have done what you did. You will pay, and pay most severely for your frauds and swindles.

If I had to guess I would say your backgrounds are either in finance or banking associated with IT, likely both. Just before ending up as criminals here in cryptoland?? And just like the banks and central bankers your a crime still in progress too.

But unlike them your not too big to go down hard. And yes, the SEC and other Regulators are listening, reading, and paying close attention HERE. Stick that where your head belongs, and where your head has been for the longest, idiots...

You stole MY MONEY. YOU WILL PAY.
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 11:25:33 PM

Is there any way to take a leveraged long (or short) position on bitshares?

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 11:35:11 PM

Is there any way to take a leveraged long (or short) position on bitshares?

Yes. Go short a BitAsset like BitUSD in the BitShares client.

(BitUSD is created when a long meets a short who provides 200% BTS collateral. The short makes money when BTS gains relative to BitUSD. So going short is a leveraged long position on BTS.)
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:25:37 AM

@Slingshot

Are you aware PTS/AGS/DNS holders were gifted BTS and that is the reason for the dilution and PTS price declining?  It's simple to understand if you perform some due diligence on your investment.  They no longer need to support PTS and thus the focus is now on BTS completely.  This is a win-win for everyone.

http://bitshares.org/bitshares-reloaded/
Read the newsletter and you will understand no one got shafted.  More so these dev's are very public and have been speaking at important crypto events nationwide.

John Underwood would not waste his time if they were not a legitimate group of devs.  People also need to realize this is the wild west, they will not act like a fortune 500 company.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11125.0
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:21:19 AM

@Slingshot
Now I know - you are the forum bot which like bitcoin  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:28:13 AM

I concede DPOS as it stands in BitShare isn't perfect, not because of the 101 delegates but because of how little active voting stake is currently needed to select them. However looking at Bitcoin, how many men do you have to get to, to have 51% short term control of Bitcoin? Probably only 3/4 mining pool controllers.

I don't think this is quite accurate, because in the DPoS voting for delegates is a transaction, a transaction which the delegates themselves control, while in the bitcoin system miners are free to abandon a pool at any time, thus reducing their hashing power and influence (besides other major differences between PoW and modified PoS systems).
zorco

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:12:22 AM

The short answer to your question is Daniel Larimer is anything but a genius.

Fully agree with that. I don't like ANY of his recent decisions, or how the community is going ahead in malicious intent to scam, swindle and cheat all previous holders while grabbing as much stash for themselves as possible with the recent X share scam, and of course that isn't enough either (it never is for stupid/greedy scamming criminals) so alas their stealing more with more carnival scams by even more massive inflation / i.e. theft from shareholders.

I'm especially unhappy with the aspects of the new dilution/inflation too. Most unhappy. But at least there will be a most happy ending. Read on...

I can't deny though BitUSD, BitGold & BitSilver etc. are just more empty promises about a year later, with this series of newest scams now laid out and rolling along, and of course with ever more swindling of new fools and dupes as much as possible  that thought there were serious people instead of scam artists out to swindle from dupes and fools.

These most obvious shills above call Daniel Larimer a genius. You have to be insane to state such a thing here.

With nothing but hot air  and fluff, and with nothing adding any value what so ever with their actions going on a year now except for empty statements about remittances, online shopping, merchant & user adoption, a new website & even talk of a BitUSD debit card.

JUST SHUT UP! Shut the fuck up already! These scammers deserve a microphone (extra large) up their bun-holes. And after all their about to be sharing prison cells with Buba for their criminal acts, a long list of them from the looks of things...But hey, maybe they can fool and dupe the SEC just as easy as many here??

The nonsense replies above read like a horror show, or a really horrible attempt to RE-RE-RE-PUMP this now flee bag pile of scam-crap to ever more dupes and fools.

Enough already. With the SEC hot on these clowns and jokers heels they are apt to be spending many a years behind bars for this kind of grand theft series of endless schemes and nothing but hot air amounting to nothing AT ALL. Or at least that's how many of us seeing this today, and many more will extremely fast!

PTS  & X, we're so sorry...but we must steal ever more, so let's steal (inflate away) just like the FED, BOE, BOJ, BOC, and even soon the ECB. After all we're intitled to the fools and dupes money too? right? WRONG.

SEC, are you listening?? Best put a red mark next to these obvious scamming thieves.

Say what? Their called and termed Fiduciary duties geniuses!!! That has been in full breech for the longest with PTS, bla, bla, bla, and now X. Forgetaboutit, these are classic scam artists with a brand new twist and nothing else. Their a dime a dozen in these parts and this is exactly what this is too, imo, and I don't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks and states otherwise. This REEKS HORRIBLY.

So let's feed them to the SEC whom is looking for many more perfect examples in these parts, and here we have many ALL IN ONE Giant series of scams that fooled many a fool and dupe.

Never again assholes. NEVER AGAIN.

Sell it all fools & dupes. And don't ever trust these crooks again.

Last thought: be sure to be real nice to buba in that prison cell block...lol...I already hear the SEC laughing nonstop at these swindling, idiots. Daniel Larimer : What a genius. NOT. It's called stupid/greedy/scammer that crossed far too many lines to ignore anymore. And all involved parties did breech their  Fiduciary duties to their shareholders. But then this is a non-corporation that no one party owns. Tell that to the SEC bitches. And to Buba too, lol...

The short answer to your question is you are a idiot !!!
Nobody should bother even answering to such stupid posts...oh well,,,. There is not even a once of true in your delusional lie. I don't even know why answer  to such a scumbag like you are .. but I guess should be because when you see a idiot better call him out !!!
Should be hard to be you  man, you wake up in the morning and look yourself in the mirror  what you see ?
I can't believe you still here in this forum with this attitude.  Ohh yeah I'm a funboy !!!

Slingshot

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:18:13 AM

@Slingshot

Are you aware PTS/AGS/DNS holders were gifted BTS and that is the reason for the dilution and PTS price declining?  It's simple to understand if you perform some due diligence on your investment.  They no longer need to support PTS and thus the focus is now on BTS completely.  This is a win-win for everyone.

http://bitshares.org/bitshares-reloaded/
Read the newsletter and you will understand no one got shafted.  More so these dev's are very public and have been speaking at important crypto events nationwide.

John Underwood would not waste his time if they were not a legitimate group of devs.  People also need to realize this is the wild west, they will not act like a fortune 500 company.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11125.0

=================================================================================

"Are you aware PTS/AGS/DNS holders were gifted BTS"
 Yes, I am fully aware and have been since day 1 concerning PTS.

"and that is the reason for the dilution and PTS price declining?"
 Yes, I am fully aware of the present scam to ripoff PTS shareholders.
 Yes, I am fully aware because of the current scam that
"...They no longer need to support PTS and thus the focus is now on BTS completely..."

"It's simple to understand"
 Yes, this scam on top of all the rest is quite simple to sum up.

" http://bitshares.org/bitshares-reloaded/ "
"Read the newsletter and you will understand no one got shafted."
 Yes, MANY got ROYALLY Shafted.
 That reloaded nonsense was what exactly? Ignoring the very
 "foundation" of Bitshares (PTS) is what.

"John Underwood would not waste his time if they were not a legitimate group of devs."
 So now your speaking for that man too? This implies this is what exactly? So since he
trusts in this we all should just blindly trust in this too? Get Real.

And then (brekyrself) starts speaking out of the other side of his mouth by stating
this is "...this is the wild west, they will not act like a fortune 500 company..."

Humm, might want to do your own due diligence on the fact of the matters
concerning that this really isn't the "wild west at all". And that all eyes are on scams
much like this one.

And hey, if you have $800+ an hour team of lawyers that crossed ever i and dotted
every t then hey, maybe you too can get away with it. But when the regulators put
you clowns in their cross-hairs your likely not going to like it much and will realize just
like many others already realized it that this isn't the "wild west" at all.

Many a boiler plate (two bit) lawyer will take your money, all while offering terrible
advice. But then young adults don't likely understand that much. But those SP500
companies? Yea, those? Yea, they have armies of lawyers, that they really can trust.

What with all the high profile busts and take downs maybe you can get a sense that
examples are being made of anyone thinking they can steal by way of Crypto, or
commit money laundering by way of the dark-nonsense.

You claim nothing is out of order. Others, including myself claim otherwise.
Houston WE have a serious malfunction!

There is only ONE MOB I respect. I only respect the gavel and the badges because I
(and we) are forced to in this in our cold, cruel, evil, rotten, world.

Now, speaking of brass knuckles:

When PTS started: here is a quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"BitShares (PTS) | Creating the foundation for profitable DACs"

http://bitshares.org/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course that's not the case any more is it?? That's fraud.

Or at least to myself and (very likely to other PTS shareholders) it reeks of fraud when
suddenly this new scam states elsewhere all of a sudden that...
"...They no longer need to support PTS and thus the focus is now on BTS completely..."

So you burned it ALL DOWN, for nothing but an empty bag of scams that finally blew
the whole thing completely up. - that's my take. And surely others are running as fast
and furiously away from this entire mess termed BitShares*.*

PTS = 7% of Bitshares + (-72% devaluation of PTS, and of course now say what???
LIKE HELL IT DOESN'T

"...They no longer need to support PTS and thus the focus is now on BTS completely...")
Doesn't compute.

And these two BILLION new shares are not minable, and instead conjured up midstream
suddenly, due to extreme greed?, and divided up amoungst mainly the scammers and
insiders? You guys...You guys...Your behaving just like the SP500 Board Members, many
whom are stealing from their own companies shareholders and even their own pensioners
(ex-employees). Really? What? Is that news? I hope not!!!

Toss in there is 2 billion of these new "Bitshares" and wow, it's obvious that delusions of
grandeur are running wild in some peoples minds with that amount of dilution.

Watch out BELOW, here comes THE DUMP...of the new "Bitshares" that have zero profits
and nothing but a lousy, hyped up marketing promo.

Again, the BOTTOM LINE:

You lost many peoples confidence, plain and simple. And you absolutely lost me when
these fluff pieces touting what a wonderful thing this is for everyone involved, bla bla bla.
(At the links above).

Did anyone even proof read this garbage at those links??? It's hard to even follow through
from day 1 to today. In fact I am still reeling trying to make sense of a lot of things but that
is AFTER THE FACT, instead of before dipping toes into the waters.

Marketing? Genius? No. Horrible marketing, so convoluted it's revolting. Genius? Where?

You think you can (scam) steal from senior shareholders that "are the foundation"? Really?

Forgetaboutit. You guys just blew this all up, and it's 100% your faults.

And it reeks so badly I doubt it will recover. But hey, there really is a sucker born every second.
So maybe so. Then again, I seriously think you young men screwed all the poodles and there
isn't any putting it all back now that confidence is shot.

Just another Pump & Dump. Correction...a long series of scams and swindles with many Pumps
and Dumps. And nothing else but pie in the sky and NO PROFITS at all, from any DAC. Or did
you idiots forget about PROFITS?? And I am not talking about PUMP and DUMP scam currency
offerings either. But instead ongoing, legit, DAC PROFITS. (there are none).

Slingshot

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:20:50 AM

Fully agree with that. I don't like ANY of his recent decisions, or how the community is going ahead in malicious intent to scam, swindle and cheat all previous holders while grabbing as much stash for themselves as possible with the recent X share scam, and of course that isn't enough either (it never is for stupid/greedy scamming criminals) so alas their stealing more with more carnival scams by even more massive inflation / i.e. theft from shareholders.

I'm especially unhappy with the aspects of the new dilution/inflation too. Most unhappy. But at least there will be a most happy ending. Read on...

I can't deny though BitUSD, BitGold & BitSilver etc. are just more empty promises about a year later, with this series of newest scams now laid out and rolling along, and of course with ever more swindling of new fools and dupes as much as possible  that thought there were serious people instead of scam artists out to swindle from dupes and fools.

These most obvious shills above call Daniel Larimer a genius. You have to be insane to state such a thing here.

With nothing but hot air  and fluff, and with nothing adding any value what so ever with their actions going on a year now except for empty statements about remittances, online shopping, merchant & user adoption, a new website & even talk of a BitUSD debit card.

JUST SHUT UP! Shut the fuck up already! These scammers deserve a microphone (extra large) up their bun-holes. And after all their about to be sharing prison cells with Buba for their criminal acts, a long list of them from the looks of things...But hey, maybe they can fool and dupe the SEC just as easy as many here??

The nonsense replies above read like a horror show, or a really horrible attempt to RE-RE-RE-PUMP this now flee bag pile of scam-crap to ever more dupes and fools.

Enough already. With the SEC hot on these clowns and jokers heels they are apt to be spending many a years behind bars for this kind of grand theft series of endless schemes and nothing but hot air amounting to nothing AT ALL. Or at least that's how many of us seeing this today, and many more will extremely fast!

PTS  & X, we're so sorry...but we must steal ever more, so let's steal (inflate away) just like the FED, BOE, BOJ, BOC, and even soon the ECB. After all we're intitled to the fools and dupes money too? right? WRONG.

SEC, are you listening?? Best put a red mark next to these obvious scamming thieves.

Say what? Their called and termed Fiduciary duties geniuses!!! That has been in full breech for the longest with PTS, bla, bla, bla, and now X. Forgetaboutit, these are classic scam artists with a brand new twist and nothing else. Their a dime a dozen in these parts and this is exactly what this is too, imo, and I don't give a rats ass what anyone else thinks and states otherwise. This REEKS HORRIBLY.

So let's feed them to the SEC whom is looking for many more perfect examples in these parts, and here we have many ALL IN ONE Giant series of scams that fooled many a fool and dupe.

Last thought: be sure to be real nice to buba in that prison cell block...lol...I already hear the SEC laughing nonstop at these swindling, idiots. Daniel Larimer : What a genius. NOT. It's called stupid/greedy/scammer that crossed far too many lines to ignore anymore. And all involved parties did breech their  Fiduciary duties to their shareholders. But then this is a non-corporation that no one party owns. Tell that to the SEC bitches. And to Buba too, lol...

Nobody should bother even answering to such stupid posts...oh well,,,. There is not even a once of true in your delusional lie. I don't even know why answer  to such a scumbag like you are .. but I guess should be because when you see a idiot better call him out !!!
Should be hard to be you  man, you wake up in the morning and look yourself in the mirror  what you see ?
I can't believe you still here in this forum with this attitude.  Ohh yeah I'm a funboy !!!

zorco
Activity: 20
=================================================================================

1     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: BitSharesX -- out of nowhere?    on: Today at 01:12:22 AM
Quote from: Slingshot on November 08, 2014, 06:19:34 AM

ReplyReply Reply with quoteQuote Notify of repliesNotify
2     Other / Announcements (Altcoins) / Re: [ANN][XOM] Pre-Release|Coin and P2P Marketplace|Anon|Escrows|Reputation|and More    on: November 08, 2014, 01:18:34 PM
Quote from: CLains on November 08, 2014, 03:31:18 AM
Only allowing wealthy investors fund your project, -8 points.

Kickstarter such that normal people get NO equity in your business, -7 points.

Forking BitShares code without mentioning BitShares explicitly even once, -8 points.

Not honoring the BitShares consensus of 10/10 to PTS/AGS holders, -6 points.

Screen shots that look horribly designed, -7 points.

Right on !!! I really don't get why they chose to do it this way. Good luck with that but no thanks. I will never support this in any way for the reason mentioned above.
3     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Bitshares Newsletter (October) - Bitshares Merger & Self Funded Growth    on: November 02, 2014, 12:55:21 PM
Like it. Not a easy decision this merger but it looks very promising.
4     Bitcoin / Bitcoin Discussion / Re: Is this the reason the bitcoin price has not exploded yet in 2014?    on: September 16, 2014, 07:20:25 AM
Interesting. Indeed there are some really big problems with POW,  it will takes some time to really see it, a lot of people are in denial but sooner or later it will be so obvious that it could not be ignored anymore.
5     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Bitshares - The Great Satan on the Blockchain    on: August 22, 2014, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: PilotofBTC on August 22, 2014, 02:53:28 PM

So, the whole bitshares concept could have been done on the NXT blockchain using NXT as the store of value and creating a bitUSD asset. (I assume they didn't cause the devs could create BTSX's for free.)

Probably but there are a lot of differences still, Bitshare use DPOS you have a transaction speed of 10 sec. You have the delegates,you have dividends that are payde to shareholders  etc. 

"the hole bitshare concept" - Bitshare X is the first DAC  the first of many to come that are using  bitshare toolkit : Bitshare Dns, Bitshare Music, Bitshare Play, follow my Vote etc. My point is Bitshare concept is much more then Bitshare X so there are more differences that you can see at first glance.
6     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Bitshares - The Great Satan on the Blockchain    on: August 22, 2014, 02:45:24 PM
Quote from: TaunSew on August 22, 2014, 02:36:23 PM

The first mover advantage is great but what stops NXT from doing their own collateral or pegging system or a near-equivalent thereof? 

Nobody it stopping them hope they gonna do it !! Nobody stopped people copying  bitcoin either.

Quote from: TaunSew on August 22, 2014, 02:36:23 PM

It's a question of IF something brings utility to the mass market and if the mass market is utilizing this service

The utility is here : "it's just an amazing way to store the value of assets in a decentralised way that's never been possible before!"

Truth will see how the mass market reacts.
7     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Bitshares - The Great Satan on the Blockchain    on: August 22, 2014, 02:33:19 PM
Quote from: PilotofBTC on August 22, 2014, 02:17:48 PM
Quote from: zorco on August 22, 2014, 02:15:24 PM
Quote from: PilotofBTC on August 22, 2014, 02:08:54 PM
My only problem with the article and the comparison is that a house, real estate, has intrinsic value.

What gives a BitShare intrinsic value that makes it valuable collateral for creating bitUSD from?

What gives bitcoin  intrinsic value ?

Nothing?
lol well for this "nothing" people are paying 500$ a piece.  The  intrinsic value is Block chain technology and what you can do with it.
8     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Bitshares - The Great Satan on the Blockchain    on: August 22, 2014, 02:15:24 PM
Quote from: PilotofBTC on August 22, 2014, 02:08:54 PM
My only problem with the article and the comparison is that a house, real estate, has intrinsic value.

What gives a BitShare intrinsic value that makes it valuable collateral for creating bitUSD from?

What gives bitcoin  intrinsic value ?
9     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: [Bitshares] The Great Satan on the Blockchain    on: August 22, 2014, 02:01:08 PM
Quote from: ChuckOne on August 22, 2014, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: StanLarimer on August 22, 2014, 12:59:30 PM
Quote from: ChuckOne on August 22, 2014, 11:27:40 AM
Actually, I do not speculate on things like those but regarding the recent upsurge of the trust in BitShares I am curious about the opinion and insights of others.

I mean how could anybody in the crypto community would want to mirror the FED?

I cannot believe that to be true.

Precisely.  Anyone who has done their homework and spent any time at all on bitsharestalk.org over the past year knows that BitShares is the antidote to the Federal Reserve's 100+ years of economic atrocities.   Smiley

But do yourselves a favor and study before you decide if this is the Next Big Thing or not. 

"Knowledge and Understanding is the ultimate Proof of Work."  Smiley

I am not sure if it is an antidote or just a replacement that changes nothing.

Not sure if you read http://invictus-innovations.com/bitshares-as-dac-bank/

But fractional reserve lending is about robbing the wealth of others. I am not sure if that is in the best interest of the crypto community.
lol so you read that article and you are saying  that : "how could anybody in the crypto community would want to mirror the FED?" ...  I'm sorry but you completely got it wrong. You probably should read it again.
10     Other / Announcements (Altcoins) / Re: FollowMyVote // BitShares Vote    on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:27 PM
Love it !!
11     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Coins To take seriously:    on: August 14, 2014, 11:23:23 AM
Transaction time 10 sec it is a different experience then any other coin..... wait BTSX it is not a coin it is a Bank and decentralized exchange !!!  BitAssets just around the corner, bitUSD anyone ?
12     Economy / Trading Discussion / Re: Where should i invest my bitcoins ? Wanna daily income    on: August 13, 2014, 11:59:23 AM
Quote from: timmy1979222 on July 11, 2014, 01:43:09 PM
Quote from: mavromixalakis on July 11, 2014, 01:40:39 PM
Invest in bitshares x and receive dividends.

sry, never heard, what is that?where do i get that, any website?

here : http://bitshares-x.info/  it is absolutely brilliant and it only came out like a few weeks ago.
13     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Coins To take seriously:    on: August 12, 2014, 10:53:21 PM
 Grin There is a big story behind PTS, your's to discover !!
14     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: The VOTE DAC - BitShares-PTS Snapshot Date 21st Aug    on: August 12, 2014, 10:27:58 PM
This looks really interesting. This think could really change the status quo !!!
15     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Official BitShares X support thread. [BTSX]    on: August 12, 2014, 10:17:41 PM
We need BitUsd this it is so much bigger then Oversotck !!! I'm pretty sure this will change the crypto world as we know it.
Can't believe it people are still going for meaningless coins and missing the big picture !!!
16     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: DUAL snapshot for BitShares PTS!    on: August 12, 2014, 10:07:02 PM
Yeap I'm buying too. Don't think AGS is relevant anymore. IMHO because you can't donate to Ags anyway so it confuse people more then else. PTS that the way to go. This is what is amazing about Bitshares.. you could still invest in any new DAC that is coming out, that's brilliant still !!
17     Other / Announcements (Altcoins) / Re: FollowMyVote // BitShares Vote    on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:15 PM
Quote from: Indemnified on August 12, 2014, 07:59:52 PM
Is this DAC a pure public service, or is it meant to operate at a profit?

Every Dac that is using Bitshare is meant to operate as a profit for the shareholders
18     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: New Bitshares Website Launched 21th March!    on: March 22, 2014, 11:31:27 AM
Looks very good. Lots of information there tough. So Bitshares is is a opens source platform kind of like Etherum but instead having one block chain to rule them all you have many specialized(finance,games)  block chains ?
19     Bitcoin / Project Development / Re: BitShares XT - Security against Market Manipulation FIND ATTACKS FOR TIPS    on: March 22, 2014, 11:16:04 AM
Where can I find Bitshare XT whitepaper ?
20     Other / Alternate cryptocurrencies / Re: Bitshares DNS: Profitable (?!). Disinsentives squatting. Well-funded.    on: March 22, 2014, 11:09:29 AM
This looks interesting. What are the advantages to Namecoin  ?
Not sure I understand how Bitshare DNS solve the problems of Domain Squatting ?

==================================================================================

Thank You.
FandangledGizmo
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:55:14 PM

I don't think this is quite accurate, because in the DPoS voting for delegates is a transaction, a transaction which the delegates themselves control, while in the bitcoin system miners are free to abandon a pool at any time, thus reducing their hashing power and influence (besides other major differences between PoW and modified PoS systems).

Yeah but a delegate is only signing <1% of transactions. Also if they ever exclude transactions they'll be voted out quite quickly. A bigger problem is that people don't really want to vote that often so very little active voting stake is needed to gain short term control of the system. Hopefully simpler ways to vote as well as perhaps incentives provided by some delegates will improve that over time.
zorco

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:14:57 PM

Haha, Slingshot I already stated that I'm a fanboy, But still I'm impressed the time you put to prove you are not a idiot but  I'm not convinced sorry.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: