Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: does posting 4 times make you all knowing  (Read 844 times)
redrobin (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 05:49:20 PM

Wow, I posted on the forums. I must be a genius on bitcoins like all the others on here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pr0zac

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 05:55:15 PM

It's to stop spambots from auto-reg'ing/link dumping.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 06:13:49 PM

It's to stop spambots from auto-reg'ing/link dumping.
That's not the only reason we have this system. Part of it is that we want you to read and research stuff on your own before you post in the main forum. On other forums, if you were to not read anything and a post a thread that has been discussed thousands of times, they would lock the thread and ban you. We don't do that here, because we believe in personal responsibly and free-speech. Because of this interesting dynamic between the light-moderation and the difficulty of making a new account that can post, this forum mostly moderates itself. In the cases where it doesn't, people will at least regret getting their account banned, because they have to put a few hours into a new account to bypass the ban (note: that is a bannable offense*, but I'll admit that we don't catch everyone who does it).

*It's only bannable if you bypass a ban. You are otherwise allowed as many accounts as you want as long as you don't scam people or get banned.

pr0zac

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 06:27:45 PM

There needs to be separate restrictions on the Marketplace (especially Goods, Currency Exchange, and Lending sub-sections).  Seems like every godamn newbie heads straight for one or more of those sections as soon as getting out of the sandbox.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 07:15:46 PM

Well, got to build a rep somehow.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 07:42:30 PM

... they have to put a few hours into a new account ...
Seems to me that is (too) easily done by just leaving the site open in a tab, whilst doing other stuff.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
rothglobal

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 08:15:31 PM

There needs to be separate restrictions on the Marketplace (especially Goods, Currency Exchange, and Lending sub-sections).  Seems like every godamn newbie heads straight for one or more of those sections as soon as getting out of the sandbox.

I think most e-currency forums are going to have this action happening. Money does make the world go round Wink
iowa

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 10:46:24 PM

I think most e-currency forums are going to have this action happening. Money does make the world go round Wink

I'd certainly agree to that.  A lot of people aren't in Bitcoin for buying big lots of coins and speculating, but just want to barter some goods for coins, to play around with the protocol.  Why not Marketplace?
rothglobal

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:00:24 PM

Exactly. I wouldn't have touched bitcoin if it didn't fit well into my online business.
Suits people of all types.
Elraffa

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:36:45 PM

Seems like every godamn newbie heads straight for one or more of those sections as soon as getting out of the sandbox.

I've been lurking on the forum for quite some time now and "discovered" the Child Boards only after two months or so. For some reason I always scrolled past them, not expecting to find anything of value there. Maybe I'm a childophobe.  Grin
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:37:55 PM

And notice those that do get hammered for it.  Might be a harsh "self regulation" but the trolls are waiting for the newbies in lending and other places - that's why doing homework helps.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 06:21:06 AM

And notice those that do get hammered for it.  Might be a harsh "self regulation" but the trolls are waiting for the newbies in lending and other places - that's why doing homework helps.

Some of them are a little overzealous, but yes self regulation works pretty well there for the most part.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: