Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:16:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Loan [25-100 BTC]  (Read 2419 times)
Liberty Payout (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 07:24:32 PM

I'm going to be flipping items on Amazon and Craigslist. I already have suppliers lined up, now all I need are the funds to execute the idea. I've thought for a little bit about what I'd ask for a loan for, because let's face it I'm not here to waste anyone's time or money. I see at least a $15 profit per item up to around $60-80. It takes literally around a few days to successfully flip the item. More information will happily be provided for those interested in investing, as for rates we can discuss it. Right now I'm more looking to get established, rather than just profiting monetarily.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nave
Donator

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 07:58:44 PM

I guess I'm confused as to why exactly you need a loan. If you're buying cheap stuff locally on craigslist and selling it (on this forum, or somewhere else?) why not start with some smaller ticket items and build some successful transactions? You could build up some money so you don't have to pay interest to someone else, effectively cutting down your profit margin.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 08:01:00 PM

I guess I'm confused as to why exactly you need a loan. If you're buying cheap stuff locally on craigslist and selling it (on this forum, or somewhere else?) why not start with some smaller ticket items and build some successful transactions? You could build up some money so you don't have to pay interest to someone else, effectively cutting down your profit margin.

I'm looking for a loan to begin buying the items from my sources. I'm selling via Craigslist and Amazon.com. I don't quite understand the last part.

"why not start with some smaller ticket items and build some successful transactions? You could build up some money so you don't have to pay interest to someone else, effectively cutting down your profit margin"

As for the loan, more capital means more gain.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 09:15:34 PM

Why do you need Bitcoins to buy items from Amazon when you already have $1183.20 available gift balance to spend?  This doesn't pass the smell test.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 09:20:26 PM

You need more rep. I keep saying this but you keep trying. You can't expect anyone to do a transaction worth more than $50 with somebody with no rep.

Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:46:50 PM

Why do you need Bitcoins to buy items from Amazon when you already have $1183.20 available gift balance to spend?  This doesn't pass the smell test.

"flipping items on Amazon and Craigslist"

People need to learn to read. I'm selling on Amazon and craigslist. I'm using 4th grade comprehension so this should be understandable.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:57:17 PM

Why don't you use some of your $1183.20 to buy items from Amazon and then sell them to get the money that you need to buy items from your supplier?  It would be faster than trying to turn BTC into cash.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2012, 11:59:43 PM

Why don't you use some of your $1183.20 to buy items from Amazon and then sell them to get the money that you need to buy items from your supplier?  It would be faster than trying to turn BTC into cash.

Where would I sell them? Craigslist. I'd suffer up to a 40% loss on a new item, so as you can see that's not profitable. Any more questions? I long consider that option, buy an iPad then resell to take my funds out of GC limbo. But the loss is to significant iPads on CL go for around $200 where I'm at. Here i'd actually be making profit rather than digging myself into a neg balance.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:27:41 AM

Where would I sell them? Craigslist. I'd suffer up to a 40% loss on a new item, so as you can see that's not profitable. Any more questions? I long consider that option, buy an iPad then resell to take my funds out of GC limbo. But the loss is to significant iPads on CL go for around $200 where I'm at. Here i'd actually be making profit rather than digging myself into a neg balance.

LOL holy fucking shit you're an idiot. 

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 12:40:11 AM

LOL holy fucking shit you're an idiot. 

Why did you tell him? you've ruined our fun

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 02:17:11 AM

Let's see if I can help.

This: http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/zip?query=free&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

and this:

After a couple weeks, you'll be more than in the black, thus not needing a loan.

~Bruno~
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 09:33:49 PM

as an FYI: I received a pm requesting 25-100 coins from this user.  I have offered 25 on the proviso that I receive some basic information to assess and have not received it yet.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 01:10:00 AM

as an FYI: I received a pm requesting 25-100 coins from this user.  I have offered 25 on the proviso that I receive some basic information to assess and have not received it yet.

Yea, I'm not sending you my address and ID. Too much sensitive information to hand out to a stranger. I am also no longer looking for this.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:41:52 AM

Yea, I'm not sending you my address and ID. Too much sensitive information to hand out to a stranger. I am also no longer looking for this.

Sensitive - ok, you don't have to do business, but I'm not sending funds to someone without any knowledge of who they are.  I expect you'd hate to give the same information when opening a bank or internet account or too - all those strangers all around you providing services.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:52:53 AM

Sensitive - ok, you don't have to do business, but I'm not sending funds to someone without any knowledge of who they are.  I expect you'd hate to give the same information when opening a bank or internet account or too - all those strangers all around you providing services.

You're not a bank, nor are you an internet account. You are an independent entity with no certificates to your name.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:56:19 AM

You're not a bank, nor are you an internet account. You are an independent entity with no certificates to your name.

Then just borrow from one who has the 'certificates'. What's stopping you from running away when we give you a loan? There has to be some kind of collateral, either in rep/ID or goods/tangible currency. I know I've been probably calling out scams for almost half of the threads here, but most of my predictions haven't gone wrong yet.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 02:57:55 AM

Report to moderator 
johnthedong

Unignore

Re: Looking for a Loan [25-100 BTC]
Today at 02:56:19 AM
Show/Hide
This user is currently ignored.
Liberty Payout (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:00:50 AM

Then just borrow from one who has the 'certificates'. What's stopping you from running away when we give you a loan? There has to be some kind of collateral, either in rep/ID or goods/tangible currency. I know I've been probably calling out scams for almost half of the threads here, but most of my predictions haven't gone wrong yet.

I'll reply to this because it's not a troll post. If I wanted to scam I would obtain some fake IDs and fake certificates and scam, it's not hard and would probably cost $15. I am not interested in scamming. I am also not interested in having my info on the interweb where anonymous people have access to it. That's why I chose BTC it's suppose to be anonymous, I like my anonymity. If you want my info, I don't want to give it to you. Not because I scam, not because i'm ass tight. Just because I don't, it's my personal info.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:04:42 AM

I'll reply to this because it's not a troll post. If I wanted to scam I would obtain some fake IDs and fake certificates and scam, it's not hard and would probably cost $15. I am not interested in scamming. I am also not interested in having my info on the interweb where anonymous people have access to it. That's why I chose BTC it's suppose to be anonymous, I like my anonymity. If you want my info, I don't want to give it to you. Not because I scam, not because i'm ass tight. Just because I don't, it's my personal info.

Then you should offer other sorts of collateral like reputation on bitcoin-otc/heatware or some escrowed tangible currency/goods. Fake ID's are easy to spot if you know how. I've personally seen one got called out a couple weeks ago here. What is backing your word that you're going repay the loan? That is the essence.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:12:41 AM

You have posted, and I have been nice.

You have asked me directly for a loan and I provided the terms that I would be prepared to consider extending such a loan.

You have demonstrated that you do not wish to be civil, nor do you understand the requirements of this forum and lending business. 

You are happy to ask a stranger for a loan, but I am not prepared to give away funds to a stranger.

In less than a week, still zero.  Bye.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: