Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:08:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a Loan [25-100 BTC]  (Read 2419 times)
Liberty Payout (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:16:21 AM

as an FYI: I received a pm requesting 25-100 coins from this user.  I have offered 25 on the proviso that I receive some basic information to assess and have not received it yet.

Yea, I'm not sending you my address and ID. Too much sensitive information to hand out to a stranger. I am also no longer looking for this.

Sensitive - ok, you don't have to do business, but I'm not sending funds to someone without any knowledge of who they are.  I expect you'd hate to give the same information when opening a bank or internet account or too - all those strangers all around you providing services.

You're not a bank, nor are you an internet account. You are an independent entity with no certificates to your name.

Then just borrow from one who has the 'certificates'. What's stopping you from running away when we give you a loan? There has to be some kind of collateral, either in rep/ID or goods/tangible currency. I know I've been probably calling out scams for almost half of the threads here, but most of my predictions haven't gone wrong yet.

I'll reply to this because it's not a troll post. If I wanted to scam I would obtain some fake IDs and fake certificates and scam, it's not hard and would probably cost $15. I am not interested in scamming. I am also not interested in having my info on the interweb where anonymous people have access to it. That's why I chose BTC it's suppose to be anonymous, I like my anonymity. If you want my info, I don't want to give it to you. Not because I scam, not because i'm ass tight. Just because I don't, it's my personal info.

Then you should offer other sorts of collateral like reputation on bitcoin-otc/heatware or some escrowed tangible currency/goods. Fake ID's are easy to spot if you know how. I've personally seen one got called out a couple weeks ago here. What is backing your word that you're going repay the loan? That is the essence.

Ok this was helpful. I'll deposit LR into collateral next time I ask for a loan. Patrick I hit the ignore on you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:18:46 AM

Ignoring the trusted users here is not at all a good way to appear trustworthy

Can you give us a link to the items you are selling / have sold in the past?

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:21:58 AM

as an FYI: I received a pm requesting 25-100 coins from this user.  I have offered 25 on the proviso that I receive some basic information to assess and have not received it yet.

Yea, I'm not sending you my address and ID. Too much sensitive information to hand out to a stranger. I am also no longer looking for this.

Sensitive - ok, you don't have to do business, but I'm not sending funds to someone without any knowledge of who they are.  I expect you'd hate to give the same information when opening a bank or internet account or too - all those strangers all around you providing services.

You're not a bank, nor are you an internet account. You are an independent entity with no certificates to your name.

Then just borrow from one who has the 'certificates'. What's stopping you from running away when we give you a loan? There has to be some kind of collateral, either in rep/ID or goods/tangible currency. I know I've been probably calling out scams for almost half of the threads here, but most of my predictions haven't gone wrong yet.

I'll reply to this because it's not a troll post. If I wanted to scam I would obtain some fake IDs and fake certificates and scam, it's not hard and would probably cost $15. I am not interested in scamming. I am also not interested in having my info on the interweb where anonymous people have access to it. That's why I chose BTC it's suppose to be anonymous, I like my anonymity. If you want my info, I don't want to give it to you. Not because I scam, not because i'm ass tight. Just because I don't, it's my personal info.

Then you should offer other sorts of collateral like reputation on bitcoin-otc/heatware or some escrowed tangible currency/goods. Fake ID's are easy to spot if you know how. I've personally seen one got called out a couple weeks ago here. What is backing your word that you're going repay the loan? That is the essence.

Ok this was helpful. I'll deposit LR into collateral next time I ask for a loan. Patrick I hit the ignore on you.
And hitting the ignore to one of the most reputable lenders here(who are the most likely to offer a loan) isn't that smart either. He is actually trying to help you to get a loan, and if you tried to offer other kinds of collateral (LR etc) I doubt he would turn your application without ID down. Realize the harsh fact of life : if you had nothing to lose why would someone risk losing? Investing in MMM or a similar ponzi would attract roughly the same amount of risk(or lower), and produce considerably more profits.
Notice that most members here do not troll outside of the off-topic area. Trollish material stays in there.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:23:47 AM

Well, as it's my first ignore (as far as I know), I wonder if/when he will get the mods onto ignore too.

So, for the benefit of entertainment of those that do not have me on ignore, I was being careful because the post history and behaviour was suspect.  The approach was also odd, as most of the more rational have seen.  I did, however, suspect LP was going to scam, so asking for the basics in ID was sensible.  No reply, and he's run away.

I might be a starfish, but he doesn't have my coins.
Liberty Payout (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:27:14 AM

Well, as it's my first ignore (as far as I know), I wonder if/when he will get the mods onto ignore too.

So, for the benefit of entertainment of those that do not have me on ignore, I was being careful because the post history and behaviour was suspect.  The approach was also odd, as most of the more rational have seen.  I did, however, suspect LP was going to scam, so asking for the basics in ID was sensible.  No reply, and he's run away.

I might be a starfish, but he doesn't have my coins.

Lol, ok I hit the unignore on you. My apologies.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:31:04 AM

no no, put me back on ignore, I don't mind

given how many other people are on your ignore list, I'm waiting until you don't have anything to read in the entire forum
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 03:32:24 AM

Oh, at first I thought you were a scammer but then when you told me it wasn't your intention to scam, I felt much better. Here, have all my money.

But on a more serious note, would you lend money to a complete stranger on the internet who was willing to give you nothing to reassure you? My policy is just to avoid lending to people I deem less than trustworthy, and I don't bother asking for ID in most cases (because I'm probably not going to chase you down anyway), but it seems perfectly reasonable for a prospective lender of yours to want that information.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:25:27 AM

Even using an ebay account with a high feedback is something you can do to at least offer some backing to your request.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: