Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2018, 10:59:42 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.0  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest in OpenBazaar?  (Read 4313 times)
bitcoinrocks
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:46:25 PM
 #21

There is already something close that has been running and established for over 6-7 months now.

Check it out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0

https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/

Can it be run decentralized?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1524265182
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1524265182

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1524265182
Reply with quote  #2

1524265182
Report to moderator
1524265182
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1524265182

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1524265182
Reply with quote  #2

1524265182
Report to moderator
1524265182
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1524265182

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1524265182
Reply with quote  #2

1524265182
Report to moderator
cloudboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 689
Merit: 500


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:18:06 PM
 #22

In case anyone else is curious, yes, FreeMarket can be run in a browser. Just download the 'diy' option and run index.html

https://nxtforum.org/freemarket/freemarket-in-a-browser/
levinhostar
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 84
Merit: 10


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:56:43 PM
 #23

Wow, watching people set their minds on OpenBazaar and completely ignore any alternatives is quite hilarious.

FreeMarket has been out for a few weeks now. The first release was basically an open beta, and the first big update was November 9. It needs more buyers and sellers, but it is definitely showing promise and is functional. It is completely decentralized and runs on the Nxt blockchain. It is not a 'clone' of anything, it is completely original code.

https://nxtforum.org/freemarket/

Wow nice, and you can even invest in freemarket. I'm in.
cloudboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 689
Merit: 500


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:03:35 PM
 #24

Wow, watching people set their minds on OpenBazaar and completely ignore any alternatives is quite hilarious.

FreeMarket has been out for a few weeks now. The first release was basically an open beta, and the first big update was November 9. It needs more buyers and sellers, but it is definitely showing promise and is functional. It is completely decentralized and runs on the Nxt blockchain. It is not a 'clone' of anything, it is completely original code.

https://nxtforum.org/freemarket/

Wow nice, and you can even invest in freemarket. I'm in.

 Smiley No fees for the rest of 2014, but after that it will cost 7.77 NXT to list an item. And 80% of fees will be paid to FreeMarket shareholders, the other 20% to SuperNET shareholders.
sadface
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 435
Merit: 250


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:06:50 PM
 #25

There is already something close that has been running and established for over 6-7 months now.

Check it out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0

https://marketplace.noblemovement.com/

from what i see that is not a decentrlized marketplace. its just a normal marketplace website running on a server. or am i missing something?
bitcoinrocks
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
 #26

Wow, watching people set their minds on OpenBazaar and completely ignore any alternatives is quite hilarious.

FreeMarket has been out for a few weeks now. The first release was basically an open beta, and the first big update was November 9. It needs more buyers and sellers, but it is definitely showing promise and is functional. It is completely decentralized and runs on the Nxt blockchain. It is not a 'clone' of anything, it is completely original code.

https://nxtforum.org/freemarket/

Wow nice, and you can even invest in freemarket. I'm in.

 Smiley No fees for the rest of 2014, but after that it will cost 7.77 NXT to list an item. And 80% of fees will be paid to FreeMarket shareholders, the other 20% to SuperNET shareholders.

I don't see it taking off without a series of "trusted" open nodes which people can connect to if they're willing to trade convenience for security.
sadface
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 435
Merit: 250


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:08:28 PM
 #27

once the dark markets are there its going to take off.
cloudboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 689
Merit: 500


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:13:31 PM
 #28

Wow, watching people set their minds on OpenBazaar and completely ignore any alternatives is quite hilarious.

FreeMarket has been out for a few weeks now. The first release was basically an open beta, and the first big update was November 9. It needs more buyers and sellers, but it is definitely showing promise and is functional. It is completely decentralized and runs on the Nxt blockchain. It is not a 'clone' of anything, it is completely original code.

https://nxtforum.org/freemarket/

Wow nice, and you can even invest in freemarket. I'm in.

 Smiley No fees for the rest of 2014, but after that it will cost 7.77 NXT to list an item. And 80% of fees will be paid to FreeMarket shareholders, the other 20% to SuperNET shareholders.

I don't see it taking off without a series of "trusted" open nodes which people can connect to if they're willing to trade convenience for security.

Why need trusted nodes? It runs on the Nxt blockchain directly.

once the dark markets are there its going to take off.

It's only a matter of time. There isn't a single point of failure, it is near impossible to shut down freemarket. This will change the game.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:16:46 PM
 #29

Why need trusted nodes? It runs on the Nxt blockchain directly.

Some people won't want to download, install, and run special software in order to buy or sell there.  If there were a series of open nodes they could connect to with only their browser, they would be much more likely to use it.  They would be sacrificing security for convenience but they don't care.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:18:01 PM
 #30

Are there any more of these blockchain marketplaces besides OpenBazaar and FreeMarket?  I'd love to know how those two compare to each other.
cloudboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 689
Merit: 500


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:18:31 PM
 #31

Why need trusted nodes? It runs on the Nxt blockchain directly.

I just mean some people won't want to download, install, and run special software in order to buy or sell there.  If there were a series of open nodes they could connect to with only their browser, they would be much more likely to use it.  They would be sacrificing security for convenience but they don't care.

An online service is being developed now.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:19:48 PM
 #32

Why need trusted nodes? It runs on the Nxt blockchain directly.

I just mean some people won't want to download, install, and run special software in order to buy or sell there.  If there were a series of open nodes they could connect to with only their browser, they would be much more likely to use it.  They would be sacrificing security for convenience but they don't care.

An online service is being developed now.

Reference?
cloudboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 689
Merit: 500


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:57:48 PM
 #33

Why need trusted nodes? It runs on the Nxt blockchain directly.

I just mean some people won't want to download, install, and run special software in order to buy or sell there.  If there were a series of open nodes they could connect to with only their browser, they would be much more likely to use it.  They would be sacrificing security for convenience but they don't care.

An online service is being developed now.

Reference?

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=6231.msg124378#msg124378

Are there any more of these blockchain marketplaces besides OpenBazaar and FreeMarket?  I'd love to know how those two compare to each other.

As far as I know, no. FreeMarket seems to be the only one operating at the moment.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112883/dear-online-drug-buyers-your-problems-are-solved
bitcoinrocks
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:28:00 PM
 #34

Are there any more of these blockchain marketplaces besides OpenBazaar and FreeMarket?  I'd love to know how those two compare to each other.
As far as I know, no. FreeMarket seems to be the only one operating at the moment.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112883/dear-online-drug-buyers-your-problems-are-solved

I believe OpenBazaar is also operating currently, although in beta.  Thank you for the link.
DrGrid
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 101
Merit: 10


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:35:50 PM
 #35

Well the key difference is, that openBazaar is able to run with any cryptocurrency, while Nxt just added a feature to themselves, that will  probably not run on other cryptos. It works, but it's kinda against the spirit of open source.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
cloudboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 689
Merit: 500


View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:51:21 PM
 #36

Well the key difference is, that openBazaar is able to run with any cryptocurrency, while Nxt just added a feature to themselves, that will  probably not run on other cryptos. It works, but it's kinda against the spirit of open source.

No, Nxt has MGW, allowing you to use multiple currencies, including Bitcoin.
juicyjuice87
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 434
Merit: 250



View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:18:24 AM
 #37

What advantages will Freemarket have over OpenBazaar?

            ██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
.
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████



█████████████



█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███



 ▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
MakingMoneyHoney
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 490
Merit: 500


HYPER Tech Support


View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 12:18:43 AM
 #38

Well the key difference is, that openBazaar is able to run with any cryptocurrency, while Nxt just added a feature to themselves, that will  probably not run on other cryptos. It works, but it's kinda against the spirit of open source.

No, Nxt has MGW, allowing you to use multiple currencies, including Bitcoin.

I was under the impression NXT was required to use FreeMarket, based on this quote "To use FreeMarket, you must first have NXT installed and have a NXT account with some NXT in it." https://nxtforum.org/freemarket-releases/new-freemarket-version-standalone-app!/

If there's some sort of way to use multiple currencies from the NXT link for Free Market, it should be advertised better or linked to the actual market that works with multiple currencies.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000


View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:23:20 AM
 #39

What advantages will Freemarket have over OpenBazaar?

I'd like to know this too.
cloudboy
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 689
Merit: 500


View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:23:33 AM
 #40

Well the key difference is, that openBazaar is able to run with any cryptocurrency, while Nxt just added a feature to themselves, that will  probably not run on other cryptos. It works, but it's kinda against the spirit of open source.

No, Nxt has MGW, allowing you to use multiple currencies, including Bitcoin.

I was under the impression NXT was required to use FreeMarket, based on this quote "To use FreeMarket, you must first have NXT installed and have a NXT account with some NXT in it." https://nxtforum.org/freemarket-releases/new-freemarket-version-standalone-app!/

If there's some sort of way to use multiple currencies from the NXT link for Free Market, it should be advertised better or linked to the actual market that works with multiple currencies.


Using MGW, an already existing NxT technology, you can deposit multiple currencies into the NxT Asset Exchange and trade them for Nxt. Since it is running on the nxt blockchain, yes, you must use nxt. But you don't need to go through a centralized exchange to convert. It's all up to preference, really. This is the second release, I'm sure it will continue to improve in tech. and ease of use.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!