Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:47:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ‘Democracy Alliance Network’ Behind A Third Of 2014 Super Pac Spending  (Read 962 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:53:06 PM

The network of political and policy groups backed by the shadowy liberal donor club the Democracy Alliance was responsible for more than one of every three dollars spent by super PACs during the 2014 election cycle, public records show.

Members of the Democracy Alliance network that disclose political spending dropped more than $250 million on the midterms, according to data reported to the Federal Election Commission.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/democracy-alliance-network-behind-a-third-of-2014-super-pac-spending/

-----------------------------------------------------
Those evil republicans and their evil $$$!!!!!!!!! Grin Cheesy Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:33:15 AM

Are we surprised both parties have extremely wealthy people spending outrageous sums of money to try and sway elections?

I'm not.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:14:28 PM

Are we surprised both parties have extremely wealthy people spending outrageous sums of money to try and sway elections?

I'm not.

Are we surprised the democrats would be accusing the republicans of getting evil money while doing the same thing and outspending them many fold?

I am not.

newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:13:46 PM

I'm not.

Are we surprised the democrats would be accusing the republicans of getting evil money while doing the same thing and outspending them many fold?

I am not.

We still haven't got an equivalent to the Koch brothers network, no doubt there are rich people on both sides trying to influence the elections.
Would be interesting to know the actual amounts of bribes donations
bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:48:48 AM

I'm not.

I am not.
The dems actually outspent the republicans overall and outspent them in many competitive races that the republicans ended up winning.

The reason why democrats cry wolf about "evil money" is because it comes from corporations and business groups when it goes to republicans, however the large sums of money that democrats receive generally come from labor groups which is not considered "evil money" in the eyes of democrats
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:51:04 AM

I'm not.

I am not.

We still haven't got an equivalent to the Koch brothers network, no doubt there are rich people on both sides trying to influence the elections.
Would be interesting to know the actual amounts of bribes donations

Members of the Democracy Alliance network that disclose political spending dropped more than $250 million on the midterms, according to data reported to the Federal Election Commission.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:59:55 AM

I'm not.

I am not.
The dems actually outspent the republicans overall and outspent them in many competitive races that the republicans ended up winning.

The reason why democrats cry wolf about "evil money" is because it comes from corporations and business groups when it goes to republicans, however the large sums of money that democrats receive generally come from labor groups which is not considered "evil money" in the eyes of democrats

Another not considered "evil money" man in the eyes of democrats. I mean come on! His last name is a palindrome!!!! That is straight up james bond villain level to me... And yet.

bluemountain

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:19:20 AM

I'm not.

I am not.

Another not considered "evil money" man in the eyes of democrats. I mean come on! His last name is a palindrome!!!! That is straight up james bond villain level to me... And yet.

LOL. Well I would certainly say that he at least looks like a villain in the bond movies. 
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:10:50 PM

I'm not.

I am not.

No doubt the democrats have done a better job villifying corporate spending. Labor unions are a huge special interest, and just as corrupt as corporations. Any time you get a group with that much money or support, they become concerned with keeping their political power. Doesn't matter if it's a union, for-profit corporation, non-profit corporation, church, or whatever. All powerful groups become obsessed with keeping/increasing their power, and this leads them to do evil things in pursuit of that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: