Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:36:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfinex safe?  (Read 2314 times)
leen93 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:14:13 AM

Hi!
Does anyone knows how safe bitfinex is for storting your bitcoins and giving swaps for around 0.01% a day for a few years?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:54:12 AM

No exchange is a safe place to store your coins. Keep the money there only when trading.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:04:16 AM

No exchange is a safe place to store your coins. Keep the money there only when trading.
I can get an intrest rate on bitcoin (I offer swaps for CFD's), 3.7% a year is a nice intrest rate which I expect I could have there
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 01:37:57 AM

I can get an intrest rate on bitcoin (I offer swaps for CFD's), 3.7% a year is a nice intrest rate which I expect I could have there

Chances are within the next year the exchange will suffer a "hack" and the coins will be gone.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:46:19 AM

Hi!
Does anyone knows how safe bitfinex is for storting your bitcoins and giving swaps for around 0.01% a day for a few years?

Well, bitfinex claims that most of their bitcoin is in cold storage. No body knows how safe is it other then the CEO...
Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:44:27 AM

I use bitfinex to lend on margin, no problems so far though I keep amounts small to minimise my risk.
Caveat emptor

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:39:24 AM

Hi!

Its consider safe, it bitfinex have been running for quite some time. But there is still risk so don't put everything that you own..
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:04:17 AM

Yes, I know there is some risk, but also some opportunities.
Then the questions rises, how big is the risk bitfinex closes within 1 month? lower than 0.3% Then it's fine for me to invest a big amount of btc there.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:36:26 AM

as long as the website has multiple security at the time of login and registration, I think the website is relatively safe, but of course all should be tried first. whether it is really safe or not, you do not have to put your bitcoin into the website in large numbers, try small amounts first, so if there is anything on the website then you will not be too lose ...  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:23:32 AM

now i have 2 btc there (0.1-0.2 btc annually probably) but still doubting to deposit more there
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:49:56 AM

Chances are within the next year the exchange will suffer a "hack" and the coins will be gone.
This are big chances, so this interest rate is nowhere worth the risk
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:07:20 AM

Coins are kept in a cold storage so this is bullshit, but maybe there is a risk they just close the site and run away with everything, I don't know how large this risk is.
With USD I can get 24%, this would be worth the risk?
Jamie_Boulder

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 11:47:18 AM

Nothing is safe especially when it comes to untraceable fraud.

nothing2seeHere

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:41:47 AM

Coins are kept in a cold storage so this is bullshit, but maybe there is a risk they just close the site and run away with everything, I don't know how large this risk is.
With USD I can get 24%, this would be worth the risk?
It depends on if you think the risk they will end up either getting hacked (and having all their money stolen) or running away with customer money by the time you withdraw your money is less then 24%. If you can reasonably conclude that the chances of this happening are less then it is a good idea to hold your money there, if you think the chances are greater then 24% then you should not keep your money with bitfinex
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 04:35:16 AM

You will soon be able to insure your exchange balance using the bitsurant platform.

http://www.bitsurant.com/

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:09:40 AM

you should store your bitcoins on your local desktop/laptop
send them to exchanges when you want to trade
cryptoFRED

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:38:48 AM

absoluty right! even the most secure can go bust! i lost some btc on MTgox, that was the biggest and most secyre exchange and just died.
BitBear2

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:13:32 PM

absoluty right! even the most secure can go bust! i lost some btc on MTgox, that was the biggest and most secyre exchange and just died.

I also got burnt by mtgox, so think twice before leaving your BTCs on some exchange  Undecided
xcom

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:55:20 PM

You should keep BTC on own wallet. use exchange only when it is necessary.  Wink Wink
leen93 (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:16:53 PM

thanks for all your reactions.
I don't have any btc online anymore  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: