Bitcoin Forum
December 14, 2017, 12:37:35 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU makes ticking sound when mining using X11mod?  (Read 2252 times)
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1204

BTC since 2014, CHI since 2017

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 07:16:13 AM

Ok, this might help pinpoint the problem.
I am able to mine x11 with my intensity low. But when the intensity gets higher, the card overloads or something. The ticking starts and then after a bit, the screen becomes corrupted. i.e. Pixels change colour and everything glitches out.

Here is the details;

Intensity can't exceed 12.
Experimental intensity can't exceed 2.
Raw intensity can't exceed around 6000.

On the slightly positive side, i'm getting 1.3 mhash/s

Now, does anyone know how I can set those values above in the .bat file?

Off topic;
What does 1.600M/1.300Mh/s in the sgminer hud mean?
Is the second value the mhashes?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. EWallets are like banks -- a central organization has complete control over your money. You shouldn't put much money in EWallets.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

Ok, this might help pinpoint the problem.
I am able to mine x11 with my intensity low. But when the intensity gets higher, the card overloads or something. The ticking starts and then after a bit, the screen becomes corrupted. i.e. Pixels change colour and everything glitches out.

Here is the details;

Intensity can't exceed 12.
Experimental intensity can't exceed 2.
Raw intensity can't exceed around 6000.

On the slightly positive side, i'm getting 1.3 mhash/s

Now, does anyone know how I can set those values above in the .bat file?

Off topic;
What does 1.600M/1.300Mh/s in the sgminer hud mean?
Is the second value the mhashes?
I think that one of the two is an average, the other the peak value (or some average over some period)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:09:29 PM

Ok, tomorrow morning I am going to run a stress test. Let's hope my GPU fails so I don't need to say that I use it to mine.
If it does fail, I'm going to ask the company who made my compiter for the receipts so I can get an RMA. The last two times they "fixed" it, they sent it to China or some place and it took 2 months to fix. It was bullshit.
Do you think they will let me get a replacement of I ask, or do they normally just repair it?

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 01:13:37 PM

Ok, tomorrow morning I am going to run a stress test. Let's hope my GPU fails so I don't need to say that I use it to mine.
If it does fail, I'm going to ask the company who made my compiter for the receipts so I can get an RMA. The last two times they "fixed" it, they sent it to China or some place and it took 2 months to fix. It was bullshit.
Do you think they will let me get a replacement of I ask, or do they normally just repair it?
well if the two previous times they didn't, I wouldn't expect much for the 3rd  Grin sorry...

not sure what is a stress test for a gpu miner... by itself mining is already a stress test...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 08:27:35 PM

well if the two previous times they didn't, I wouldn't expect much for the 3rd  Grin sorry...

not sure what is a stress test for a gpu miner... by itself mining is already a stress test...
Ok, I did a stress test and my gpu made a high pitched sound. When the test started, it was low but then the pitch changed to a high pitched one. Do you think that is enough to get an RMA?
I guess I can always rename sgminer to stress test.

|

|
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 08:41:50 PM

Holy crap!! I just made the biggest breakthrough with my gpu.

The problem turned out to be the drivers! I uninstalled my amd drivers and now my graphics card works fine!
I haven't restarted my computer yet (as recommended by the uninstaller) so sgminer may not work after a restart, but we'll see.

Restarting now...

Edit:
Awesome! It works fine now. Well, if I wait about 2 minutes for my gpu to heat up on intensity of 12 and then go higher.

Btw, fan speed is now controlled by percentage and not rpm.

Does anyone know how to not make --auto-fan suddenly go to 100% from 50% because it freaks me out and the temp isn't even that high.

|

|
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.