Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:01:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There are ~1,500,000 more bitcoins now than there were last year  (Read 1517 times)
keystroke (OP)

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:57:15 AM

Yet the price per coin is about the same.

So market cap is up ~15%. [Source : http://www.coindesk.com/data/bitcoin-market-capitalization/]

Looks fair to me.

Sentiment might take awhile to change, but change it will. We're working on building an economy here. Wink

Of course everyone wants to speculate on price because that determines the worth of our individual coins. But even if coin price is the same we now own part of a much larger and more powerful economy.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:15:03 PM

But even if coin price is the same we now own part of a much larger and more powerful economy.

Which, even if it does fail for some yet unknown reason, will anyway forever remain as a significant part of human history, as the first baby steps of decentralized society.

i am satoshi
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 02:46:47 PM

But i hope we have more than 1.500.000 new users for bitcoin world in this year.
That will make bitcoin price still in good rate

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:44:55 PM

They existed all the time, but last year, they had not been found yet.

orsotheysaid

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:30:17 PM

But i hope we have more than 1.500.000 new users for bitcoin world in this year.

That's a lot of new users in this forum as well. Can the server deal with such an influx of new people and posts??
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:32:39 PM

That's a lot of new users in this forum as well. Can the server deal with such an influx of new people and posts??

It should be fine as there are the constant users and the intermittent ones
Plus the bitcointalk slush fund is significant as we are preparing for the new forum software

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
redskins49

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:19:15 PM

we are going to rocket to the moon guys, i heard a group of college kids talking about bitcoin at the office today. I'm very bullish
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 10:00:57 PM

The bears and PoS people would say that all 1.5 million were sold off on the exchanges right after being mined.

They also talk about how low the volume is.

So that would mean that a majority of the coins sold were from miners while most everyone else is buying and spending/holding.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
nothing2seeHere

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:11:48 AM

The bears and PoS people would say that all 1.5 million were sold off on the exchanges right after being mined.

They also talk about how low the volume is.

So that would mean that a majority of the coins sold were from miners while most everyone else is buying and spending/holding.
I would say that a very good percentage of the bitcoin that has been mined over the last year were sold on the exchanges as the miners generally need to pay for their electric costs, this is the nature of PoW (and also why PoW will always work).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: