Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:29:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Computex 2012 Updates!!!  (Read 3849 times)
Mousepotato (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 02:56:17 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2012, 05:30:59 PM by Mousepotato

AMD is supposed to debut the HD 7990... do wants! Lots of cool new gadgets coming out omg!!!  Check out the new ultrabook from Acer:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/03/acer-aspire-s7-ultrabook/

omg. Needs!1

Mousepotato

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
multi#lord

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 03:12:37 AM

Monday June 4th is the "Pre-show International Press Conference and New Product Previews," Tuesday June 5th is the opening ceremony.

http://www.computextaipei.com.tw/en_US/show/info.html?id=805B269A6E1AF8CFD0636733C6861689
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:52:31 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 06:14:12 PM by Mousepotato

Corsair AX1200i Digitally Controlled PSU

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24432/exclusive_hands_on_with_corsair_s_ax1200i_digitally_power_controlled_psu/index.html

Computex 2012 - Yesterday we visited the Corsair suite for an early looking at its new products and one of the biggest new items from the company is its AX1200i power supply.

Many of you would be aware of the popular and impressive AX1200 power supply, but let's introduce the brand new AX1200i PSU. It is a 80 Plus Platinum rated power supply, but the big story here is it is Corsair's first consumer fully digitally controlled power supply that features a DSP (Digital Signal Processor). That means it's able to work in conjunction with Corsair Link 2 software that allows you to do all sorts of cool things thanks to the new full digital nature of the PSU.

You can some really cool things such as monitor the real-time power in and power out of your PSU along with measure the efficiency percentage. You can even go as far as measuring the power consumption on the PCI-E power (as well as the 12v rail, SATA, main and so on) to get a fairly good idea of what your video card is using. You can also set Over Current Protection individually. Corsair also claims at the AX1200i features very impressive tight power regulation which we cannot wait to check out in our full review when we get a unit in from Corsair.

As if that were not enough, you can also set the fan profile depending on the type of performance / quiet factor that you are looking to achieve with your system. The other new thing with the AX1200i is that this PSU will run at around 400 - 500 watts with the PSU running completely silently. That is, the PSU will not start to spin up to cool down the PSU until it hits over roughly 500 watts.

Corsair says that you will be able to buy the AX1200i around late July or early August. We don't have any pricing details at this stage. All we know is that we want one, now.

Mousepotato
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 04:54:45 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 06:10:40 PM by Mousepotato

ASUS Matrix 7970

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24436/asus_shows_off_their_matrix_hd_7970_gpu/index.html

Computex 2012 - ASUS had a few amount of goodies to show off at their Republic of Gamers event, with the AMD-based MATRIX HD 7970 GPU. In usual ROG and MATRIX fashion, this card kicks some serious ass for those serious benchers and gamers. Sporting some very nice features, it can rule your game, as ASUS put it.

The MATRIX HD 7970 features VGA Hotwire, which lets you accurately read and control voltages all at the hardware level, backed up with TweakIt which offers real-time voltage adjustment and full-speed fan cooling, all at the press of a button. DIGI+ VRM with 20-phase Super Allow Power technology is featured on the MATRIX HD 7970 which delivers 'superior efficiency, reliability and performance'. Lastly, GPU Tweak utility can be used to tune those clock speeds, fan performance, GPU load line, PWN frequency and voltages, all from a swanky UI.

The center of the MATRIX HD 7970 is the GPU itself, AMD's GraphicsCore Next-based Radeon HD 7970, featuring 3GB of RAM on a 256-bit wide bus. Cooling is the usual MATRIX-featured DirectCU II which should keep the card nice and chilled under hardcore conditions. 3 or 4 of these in CFX would be quite the sight to behold. Nice work, ASUS.

Mousepotato
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:39:17 PM

Thanks for posting related things from Computex that can be of interest to miners, Mousepotato !

Some of us don't have time to check all the good stuff ourselves Undecided
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:41:55 PM

Thanks for posting related things from Computex that can be of interest to miners, Mousepotato !

agreed....

o yah..  Where The F is the 7990!!!!!

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:42:21 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2012, 06:08:18 PM by Mousepotato

MSI Big Bang XPower II

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24442/msi_s_brand_new_mpower_z77_and_x79_motherboards_get_caught_on_video_at_computex/index.html

Check out the 7 PCIe slots on this thing!

Computex 2012 - On Monday we managed to get some video time with MSI's brand new MPower Big Bang motherboards, which claim to change the game of overclocking. They are said to offer higher performance, water cooling support and more stable power.

We saw two new boards that we haven't seen before and they are the Z77 MPower and the X79 MPower. As you can probably tell by the model names the first is based on the Intel Z77 Express chipset for Ivy Bridge processors and the second is based on the older X79 chipset for Sandy Bridge-E processors.

Sadly at the time we didn't have many details on hand to give to you, but at least in the video above you get a good close up look at these two boards as well as the Big Bang XPower II which you may have already seen before now.

Mousepotato
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:43:34 PM

NP! It's kind of slow for me at work right now Tongue

Mousepotato
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:49:12 PM

OCZ's PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 1200-watt PSU shows up at Computex

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24443/ocz_s_pc_power_cooling_silencer_mk_iii_1200_watt_psu_shows_up_at_computex/index.html

Computex 2012 - Yesterday on Day 1 of Computex we stopped by the OCZ suite at the TICC where naturally the American company was showing off its full range of consumer and enterprise solid state solutions. Chris is going to give you some updates on that department of products a little later on, but SSDs is not the only thing that OCZ sell.

In the corner of the room we spotted the PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 1200-watt PSU. This is OCZ's most beefiest power supply solution currently and it looks the goods with a lot of the features we like to see in a PSU checked off. It's a 80 Plus Platinum rated unit with up to 1200 watts of power. It is a modular unit with PC Power & Cooling's unique modular system which is said to provide better and more stable electrical connectivity than regular plastic modular plugs.

It impressed us enough to be one of the few products we've seen at Computex 2012 so far to receive our TweakTown Computex 2012 Recommended Award for products that we like and think will do well. We look forward to putting it through the paces in our full review a little later on.

Mousepotato
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 08:11:12 PM

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 5 mobo

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24423/gigabyte_launches_ultra_durable_5_at_computex_shows_much_lower_temperatures_on_video/index.html

Computex 2012 - Besides Thunderbolt, the other big thing for GIGABYTE at Computex 2012 is Ultra Durable 5. The Ultra Durable name has been going strong for the Taiwanese motherboard maker for many years now. Ultra Durable basically stands for the high quality parts that GIGABYTE decide to place on its motherboard that try to make their boards stand out from the competition in terms of stability, life, cooling and more.

The latest addition to the series Ultra Durable 5 adds single package "power stage". It's different from a regular and traditional MOSFET in that the solution from IR (the PowIRstage IR3550) combines all of the parts into a single package chip. Usually the driver IC, high side and low side MOFSETS are separate individually chips. The IR3550 is able to deliver 60 amps of power were power stage chip and is said to deliver and much cooler, cleaner and efficient power supply.

The results really do speak for themselves as you can see in the video above. GIGABYTE had some competitor boards on display that use a traditional 6 phase and 8 phase power design. All systems on display were configured with the exact same hardware and settings with all except the middle boards running the CPU at 100% load. The middle board had a 90% load. You can see from the results yourself that the new power stage feature on GIGABYTE's Ultra Durable 5 makes a really big difference when it comes to the operating temperature of the power area when under load.

We are yet to see what other board makers will release at Computex or what surprises they may be holding onto, but so far we are really impressed with the new batch of motherboards to be released by GIGABYTE at Computex. One board has already received our first Computex 2012 Recommended Award.

Mousepotato
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 10:28:45 PM

First ever Thunderbolt add-on card, so can I slap this in a rig and daisy-chain 6 GPUs per slot??
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 10:48:12 AM

HIS world's first with Radeon HD 7970 X2

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24453/his_world_s_first_with_radeon_hd_7970_x2_video_card_at_computex/index.html

Computex 2012 - Around about an hour ago HIS showed off its brand new AMD Radeon HD 7970 X2 video card to a select group of media including TweakTown.

This is as far as we know the world's first dual GPU Radeon 7970 video card. The sample we were shown is an engineering sample and it still a little while off going on sale, but it shouldn't be too far away. With AMD's Radeon HD 7990 not all that far away, HIS would want to speed things up and deliver their X2 to the market as soon as possible.

The video card features a new and improved IceQ X2 cooler to cool the two onboard GPUs. The cooler is massive, one of the biggest we've seen for a while and that's saying a lot with the latest batch of video cards hitting the market with big and impressive coolers. The cooler will take up three slots, but obviously offer a crazy amount of performance.

There are a total of three 8-pin power connectors and on the I/O side of things there are four mini DisplayPort connectors and a single DVI.

Mousepotato
cmg5461

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 11:42:36 AM

Well, I guess there's a trend of 3 8-pin going around..

Speaking of, if this card is to be used for mining, we should make 2x 8pin to 3x 8pin adapters for undervolted cards.  To distribute the load better, instead of just plugging two 8pins into the card

If I've helped: 1CmguJhwW4sbtSMFsyaafikJ8jhYS61quz

Sold: 5850 to lepenguin. Quick, easy and trustworthy.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 02:51:01 PM

Why not buy the Powercolor if you want these monsters ?

The HIS one looks downright stupid :

-no 1100 MHz red nuclear button
-2 fans instead of 3
-2 fans that have to be RMAd when they die instead of user removable like on the Powercolor 

Waiting for reference 7990s because these are for gamers by the looks of things. Too expensive ...
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:18:06 PM

Not that I need one, but it will be interesting to see how the tests of the Silencer MK III come out.
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:29:42 PM

Thanks for posting Mouse.  I am anxious to see what kind of efficiency can be achieved with that 7970 x2, but still betting on 7990 to be better in that area.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:41:57 PM

I will wait for the 7990 reference.  .....  3 plugs!!?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:08:52 PM

Why not buy the Powercolor if you want these monsters ?

The HIS one looks downright stupid :

-no 1100 MHz red nuclear button
-2 fans instead of 3
-2 fans that have to be RMAd when they die instead of user removable like on the Powercolor 

Waiting for reference 7990s because these are for gamers by the looks of things. Too expensive ...

Yeah, no doubt.  The Powercolor 7970x2 looks a lot more classy.

Mousepotato
Mousepotato (OP)

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:12:45 PM

Sapphire Fanless 7770

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/24471/a_tease_from_the_sapphire_room_at_computex/index.html

Computex 2012 - I'm sitting here in the famous house of our reviewer Shane Baxtor (who is one of the best guys you'll ever meet btw) and I look to my left, I look to my right, heck, I can walk into his kitchen and there's SAPPHIRE gear everywhere. More exciting is seeing some gear in person, at Nangang today we checked out SAPPHIRE's huge demos where multi-monitors and GPUs were being shown off.

I'll keep the details low on this, and just let this post make itself with pictures - check out the 5-screen portrait mode setup. This is something I want to crank at home. There's also a 6-screen portrait setup, and wait for it... a 12-screen setup. Yes, that's 12, as in 2 more than 10 and 11 more than 1. 12 screens in portait, I put my finger to my wrist to make sure blood was stil pumping through my veins and I had not died and gone to heaven. SAPPHIRE, I bow to you.

Another thing that caught our eye was SAPPHIRE's HD 7770 Ultimate, which is a passively-cooled GPU. Yes, no fans so this thing is completely, 100-percent silent. Apart from the screams of joy you'll do when you're using this thing.

Mousepotato
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:26:32 PM

Passively cooled undervolted mining rig. HA!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: