Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just bought 100btc  (Read 4062 times)
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:25:27 AM

You need to spend money to make money. Sitting and holding is a gamble of a sort - planned and well executed investment with sound knowledge is necessary if you want to be 'rich'.

Be aware that bitcoin can go anywhere the heavy weights want to take it. You could invest in legitimate projects while doing your own research and analysis of the merits of such investment if you want to maximize your profit. Holding 120 btc is better than 100, and 200 would be even better.

Plan carefully, find legitimate partners.

That's like asking to get scammed lol
How many legitimate btc "investments"  have there been so far? And how many people got burned, and lost coins in the past that would be worth a fortune at today's prices?

Obviously don't listen to known scammers and pump and dumpers.

The real money is to be made out side of exchanges and over the counter deals. Professionals are there if you where to find em.

As I said, do your own research, preferably outside of 'normal' crypto channels.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 12:26:37 AM

Will I be rich soon ?

Smart purchase imo
Just don't forget your passwords lol and don't leave them with any third party exchange or wallet services for any reason

I got them on block chain ? Are they safe ?

Do you mean on Blockchain.info?

yes

You need to have  a very good password, and 2 factor authentication (if they offer it? I don't use their wallet).   Otherwise your coins will be gone in a few hours not days or months.  You can be certain that there will be bots attempting to hack your password, if it's crappy or moderately crappy like foxcon66, your coins are not safe. 

OK I just installed google authenticator.
Is three a change blockchain.info will get hacked or will flee with the coins just like mtgox ?

There's always a chance they will get hacked, like anything.   I would seriously consider researching paper wallets, set up one or two you know are safe, test with a small amount of coin - and get your coins off blockchain.info just in case they are hacked.   I don't see them going the way of mtgox btw.
nothing2seeHere

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 02:47:37 AM

Will I be rich soon ?

Smart purchase imo
Just don't forget your passwords lol and don't leave them with any third party exchange or wallet services for any reason

yes

You need to have  a very good password, and 2 factor authentication (if they offer it? I don't use their wallet).   Otherwise your coins will be gone in a few hours not days or months.  You can be certain that there will be bots attempting to hack your password, if it's crappy or moderately crappy like foxcon66, your coins are not safe. 

OK I just installed google authenticator.
Is three a change blockchain.info will get hacked or will flee with the coins just like mtgox ?
This is not how blockchain.info works. Your private keys are encrypted on the browser side so if they are hacked then the attacker should not be able to access your funds. Your main vulnerability is a MITM attack faking the blcokchain.info website to get your identifier and password
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:56:42 AM

welcome to the club

how many do you need to join this dragon club?

You need to spend money to make money. I'm a fucking dumbass with sound knowledge is necessary if you want to be 'rich'.

Be aware that bitcoin can go anywhere the heavy weights want to take it. You could invest in legitimate projects while doing your own research and analysis of the merits of such investment if you want to maximize your profit. Holding 120 btc is better than 100, and 200 would be even better.

Lmao wtf is this bitch saying.. OP you should ignore retards like him. His moms gynecologist accidentally poked his brain too hard when he was still a developing fetus

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:49:07 AM

welcome to the club

how many do you need to join this dragon club?

You need to spend money to make money. I'm a fucking dumbass with sound knowledge is necessary if you want to be 'rich'.

Lmao wtf is this bitch saying.. OP you should ignore retards like him. His moms gynecologist accidentally poked his brain too hard when he was still a developing fetus

Ain't this the whiny bitch who sucked off his daddy for cash to buy btc, then lost half of it on shitcoins? Cheesy

LOL back for more.

Quit riding dicks for allowance and do somethin useful you pussy.
TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 05:09:24 AM

According to the current markets, you just catch the last step of the spacecraft took off, just wait for weeks, you will get riches!
Sophokles

Activity: 1204
Merit: 516

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 08:10:36 AM

Smart move, congrats. Welcome to the club. Now do some research on how to keep them safe. Look at Armory cold wallet feature. Backup the wallet onto three encrypted USB sticks, keep them in different locations.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 08:52:03 AM

If it falls to 200-250$, which is very possible - don't sell, if Bitcoin is technically there, it's destined for boom.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
cassimares

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 09:04:35 AM

Will I be rich soon ?

No but probably in 18 months time when the bitcoin halving.

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:04:04 AM

Your bitcoins are not stored on blockchain.info, they are stored on your computer (I think).

Best bet: Use an offline computer (or at the very least, take your computer of the network, turn off all of your apps) and run vanitygen or using your bitcoin client generate a public/private key pair. Copy that key pair to a CD (maybe 2, maybe just write it down). Do not save it on your computer. Send a majority of your bitcoins to that public address.

Also, check out localbitcoins.  You can sell for a good percentage for cash and go back and buy at the exchange rate. Make money off of your investment.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:46:05 AM

Your bitcoins are not stored on blockchain.info, they are stored on your computer (I think).

No, as a matter of fact, everyone's bitcoins are just entries on the blockchain ledger and not stored either on a wallet site nor your computer.

With blockchain.info, your secret key needed to spend your bitcoins is stored at their site but encrypted. Only you (or malware javascript inserted by a third party) can decrypt it and spend your coins. So you are pretty safe if you validate your connection to blockchain, ssl certificates, enable 2FA, and that blockchain is not being hacked at the moment. Theoretically, you can be pretty much safe there, but I would not access your coins way too often. Every time you decrypt your wallet you are at a small risk. Make a completely separate wallet for spending. Look at bitgo for a safer alternative - where both you and the site has to be hacked to have your coins stolen. With blockchain.info, if they are hacked you are at risk - but you still need to visit the hacked site and decrypt your secret key for attackers.

Oh and did I mention 2FA? Use it, and backup the seed.

i am satoshi
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 12:00:59 PM

No, as a matter of fact, everyone's bitcoins are just entries on the blockchain ledger and not stored either on a wallet site nor your computer.

What is this "blockchain" you speak of?

Another alt? New exchange?

Tongue

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Bulletin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:20:52 AM

congrats man, soon you will stay richer.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4448

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:34:06 AM

Congrats on joining the >100BTC club.

No they are not safe if they are exposed to the internet.

As with any assets, don't put all your eggs in one basket, diversify.

I keep less than 2 coins (for spending) on an Android device with the encrypted wallet.dat file backed up in multiple offsite locations. This a good use for obsolete ridiculously small flash cards.

I risk 20 coins by leaving them at an exchange with 2-part authentication, just in case I sense an unusual opportunity to profit from short-term trading, or in case I need some quick cash for an emergency.

The rest of my coins are kept safely in several dozen offline paper wallets. These are divided into several groups, each stashed in different trusted safety-deposit boxes. All paper wallets (public and private keys and QR codes) have been scanned, encrypted and kept in groups in multiple offsite locations.

Even if security is compromised in more than one location, I don't stand to lose more than a relatively small percentage of my coins.

Full disclosure: If this seems excessive, it is because I lost 50 coins at MtGox. Once bitten, twice shy.

As for getting rich soon, I firmly believe that within 5 years you should see a tidy little profit. Just don't assume they'll automatically increase in price or value though.

Some unforeseen cataclysmic event could destroy the whole thing, but considering that many highly motivated people have had almost 6 years to try to break Bitcoin and it hasn't happened yet, it seems less likely to happen any time soon.

Good luck.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:52:07 AM

I just bought 100btc

No, you didn't.

You are a whiny fucking cunt though.

Probably a huge pouter as a kid. Am I right?

His name is roughly translated to "anus knight" in dutch which should be interpreted as I'm-gay-as-fuck.
He put 100 BTC on blockchain.info  Roll Eyes

Don't take him too seriously plz Smiley
Don't feed the trolls!!

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
arvis

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:25:34 PM

100 BTC is more than a year's salary for me!!!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:49:44 PM

Will I be rich soon ?

Smart purchase imo

yes

I think that is to much to trust anyone with. Consider that you don't really know the people who are holding over $36,000 of your money. If they disappeared tomorrow, how would you recover any funds? And if they are robbed, they likely will not have any money to pay you back.

A better option is to set up a client wallet on a safe computer, and do it while not connected to the internet. Once it is installed you can generate a wallet and some receiving addresses. When that is done take out the wallet.dat file. I would make several copies and put one in a safe deposit box, mail one to your Aunt in another state, and bury one on property you own.

Now when you restart your bitcoin client software it will generate a new wallet with no funds. You can run this wallet to keep synced with the network. Without funds, it is safe.  Since you were not online when you made the first wallet, it has never been on the internet and can also be considered safe. Any BTC sent to the addresses you made will go to your offline wallet even though it is not online. You can check the balance by checking the receiving address at blockchain.info. All addresses can be checked this way.

If you want to spend your BTC. just drop in the offline wallet and restart the client. There is your money! Spend some then take out that wallet and put it back in storage. You may want to keep a spending wallet with a small balance that is easy to access. I do store some with a website so I can buy stuff with my mobile phone. My system is to keep the balance smaller than the value of the phone. If that money is stolen or hacked, oh well, at least i have not lost much.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
belmonty

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:00:44 PM

Will I be rich soon ?

Smart purchase imo

yes

I think that is to much to trust anyone with. Consider that you don't really know the people who are holding over $36,000 of your money. If they disappeared tomorrow, how would you recover any funds? And if they are robbed, they likely will not have any money to pay you back.

A better option is to set up a client wallet on a safe computer, and do it while not connected to the internet. Once it is installed you can generate a wallet and some receiving addresses. When that is done take out the wallet.dat file. I would make several copies and put one in a safe deposit box, mail one to your Aunt in another state, and bury one on property you own.

Now when you restart your bitcoin client software it will generate a new wallet with no funds. You can run this wallet to keep synced with the network. Without funds, it is safe.  Since you were not online when you made the first wallet, it has never been on the internet and can also be considered safe. Any BTC sent to the addresses you made will go to your offline wallet even though it is not online. You can check the balance by checking the receiving address at blockchain.info. All addresses can be checked this way.

If you want to spend your BTC. just drop in the offline wallet and restart the client. There is your money! Spend some then take out that wallet and put it back in storage. You may want to keep a spending wallet with a small balance that is easy to access. I do store some with a website so I can buy stuff with my mobile phone. My system is to keep the balance smaller than the value of the phone. If that money is stolen or hacked, oh well, at least i have not lost much.

If you don't want to download the whole bitcoin blockchain you could store your bitcoins in the multibit wallet. If you want to be extra secure you could create a multibit wallet on a pendrive as the linked article explains. In case the pen drive breaks you could make a cd backup of the files on there.

https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.4/help_runFromUSBDrive.html
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:46:54 PM

Very good, that's the spirit right there!!! Man this rollercoaster is really driving me crazy! But I stick to my coins, as well. I wish I knew when BTC was going to take a dip in advance, so I could've avoided some of the bad trades and pains of losing money. But that's the way things go, I guess!

David48l

Activity: 600
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:57:48 PM

My metod for cold wallet.

Notebook never conect to internet to generate paperwallets, save directions as pdf to export to memory usb or mail encrypt.

Then use blockchain for watch only, if you need some bitcoins, input temporaly de key of one wallet direction and once used delete again the key.

Always can join to blockchain for ensure that bitcoins are save  Cheesy

BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN, BITCOIN SEGWIT IS PAYPAL
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: