Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:58:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin withdrawal fee on Bitstamp  (Read 5219 times)
YevaBoghos (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:44:24 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a exchange to BTC / USD daytrading, my shortlist is LakeBTC, Bitfinex, Bitstamp.

I have examined the former two exchanges, but there is a problem with Bitstamp, what's the BTC withdrawal fee?  Huh Anyone could tell me the truth? Thanks Firstly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mooncake

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:48:59 AM

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:00:37 AM

I'm afraid the post above is wrong.

Withdrawal fee is about twice as high as what he wrote.

It's zero.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:13:49 AM

I'm afraid the post above is wrong.

Withdrawal fee is about twice as high as what he wrote.

It's zero.
Don't kidding with him, twice is wrong, you need pay the network fee. ( Bitstamp will pay it for us? )

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:51:39 AM

No, no network fee paid by users.

Bitstamp seems to bundle several withdrawal requests into one big transaction, to save on fees and not spam the network, I suppose.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:03:19 AM

Bitstamp seems to bundle several withdrawal requests into one big transaction, to save on fees and not spam the network, I suppose.
If any period of time that no one withdraw Bitcoins, that need to wait a long time to join in with you?

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:32:09 PM

If any period of time that no one withdraw Bitcoins, that need to wait a long time to join in with you?

Never happened to me so far. Either they always have enough people withdrawing, or eventually, they send it out alone anyway.

Note that large withdrawals (maybe 50, 100 btc) seem to be "manually" confirmed by someone at Bitstamp, but  even that never took longer than an hour or two for me. Smaller withdrawals go out within minutes in my experience.

YevaBoghos (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 02:18:13 AM

Thanks for your so patient explanation Smiley
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:36:08 PM

Note that large withdrawals (maybe 50, 100 btc) seem to be "manually" confirmed by someone at Bitstamp, but  even that never took longer than an hour or two for me. Smaller withdrawals go out within minutes in my experience.

I tried to withdraw BTC 70 from Bitstamp one hour ago and still see no transaction. But then you said, "an hour or two", so I am still within that range.

But an hour or two is far too long for anything as volatile as bitcoin. Two hours can be expensive. I think I will have to move to another exchange. Bitcoin withdrawals on BTC-e are instantaneous, as far as I know.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:57:47 PM

I tried to withdraw BTC 70 from Bitstamp one hour ago and still see no transaction. But then you said, "an hour or two", so I am still within that range.

But an hour or two is far too long for anything as volatile as bitcoin. Two hours can be expensive. I think I will have to move to another exchange. Bitcoin withdrawals on BTC-e are instantaneous, as far as I know.
At the current price and the market manipulation going on, you should probably be buying and not selling. I hope that is what you're doing.

hgmichna

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

At the current price and the market manipulation going on, you should probably be buying and not selling. I hope that is what you're doing.

This is an entirely different question. Anyway, I have bought BTC 70.

But do not delude yourself that you can foresee the short-term future price of bitcoin. If you could, you probably would have better things to do instead of posting here. Smiley

Back to the original topic: still no transaction after 90 minutes.
oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:12:43 PM

This is an entirely different question. Anyway, I have bought BTC 70.

But do not delude yourself that you can foresee the short-term future price of bitcoin. If you could, you probably would have better things to do instead of posting here. Smiley

Back to the original topic: still no transaction after 90 minutes.

You understood that I was speculating myself, right? I don't work for Bitstamp.

Like I said, I believe larger withdrawals have to be confirmed manually. Depending on the time of the day you request it, it might take until the next working day for that to happen, although, I never had to wait that long.

If 90 minutes withdrawal time from an exchange is too much hassle for you, I suggest you don't leave your coins on the exchange in the first place. The blockchain is fast, human supervision & security, less so.

hgmichna

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:43:58 PM

Warning: Bitstamp delays bitcoin withdrawals. I am still waiting after 4 hours. Since the bitcoin price has a high volatility, this is a terrible problem.

A bitcoin transmission should be, and is on other exchanges, an automated and instantaneous process.

As everybody here should know, a bitcoin transfer does not need human supervision and human supervision does not make it safer.

The last time I have experienced bitcoin payout delays was on Mt. Gox, and I hope you all remember how that ended.

If the price keeps going down then the effect is as if they stole thousands of $$ from me and threw them to the dogs. This is painful for me. I cannot afford to waste money that way.

At least now everybody who reads this knows that Bitstamp delays bitcoin transfers by hours or perhaps days. You have been warned.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:04:29 PM

Warning: Bitstamp delays bitcoin withdrawals. I am still waiting after 4 hours. Since the bitcoin price has a high volatility, this is a terrible problem.

A bitcoin transmission should be, and is on other exchanges, an automated and instantaneous process.

As everybody here should know, a bitcoin transfer does not need human supervision and human supervision does not make it safer.

The last time I have experienced bitcoin payout delays was on Mt. Gox, and I hope you all remember how that ended.

If the price keeps going down then the effect is as if they stole thousands of $$ from me and threw them to the dogs. This is painful for me. I cannot afford to waste money that way.

At least now everybody who reads this knows that Bitstamp delays bitcoin transfers by hours or perhaps days. You have been warned.

Are you sure your confirm by email?
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:12:40 PM

Its a real problem for sure but i dont think any of the exchanges guarantee instant withdraw even though most of the time they are instant. 
hgmichna

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:13:13 PM

Are you sure your confirm by email?

Yes, perfectly sure. The email request and the email confirmation are shown in the history on the Bitstamp web site.

My only hope is that they indeed run the exchange manually and will do the transfer on Monday.
hgmichna

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:18:26 PM

Its a real problem for sure but i dont think any of the exchanges guarantee instant withdraw even though most of the time they are instant. 

BTC-e has instantaneous bitcoin withdrawals. And I have difficulties to imagine that big exchanges, like BTC China, are run manually. But who knows—there are many Chinese. Smiley
justforbtc

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:10:55 AM

My bitcoin withdrawals from Bistamp has not been processed for 14 hours....

Bitstamp usually processes bitcoin withdrawals within 10 minutes...
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:25:25 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 01:37:07 AM by johnyj

I guess their hot wallet is emptied now. This is the time when many brokers withdraw large amount of bitcoin from exchanges because of suddenly increased purchase from everywhere due to price crash

This again proved that a centralized exchange is not reliable, all you see in your account there is just some numbers in a database, your coin might not be there

Mieehayii

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:55:06 AM

Note that large withdrawals (maybe 50, 100 btc) seem to be "manually" confirmed by someone at Bitstamp, but  even that never took longer than an hour or two for me. Smaller withdrawals go out within minutes in my experience.

as long as you can endrue the ridiculous fee of btc-e

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████