Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:23:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] N33D W33D MMJ Growing Op  (Read 5428 times)
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 02:26:42 AM

Grin when is IPO? how much per share? I'm in...   Roll Eyes

Hmm 8 posts huh?  Interesting timing to find this conversation sir.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:19:06 AM

Grin when is IPO? how much per share? I'm in...   Roll Eyes

Hmm 8 posts huh?  Interesting timing to find this conversation sir.

Cheesy
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 03:57:24 AM

I do not think glbse will let you list this.

I sure hope not.

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:06:58 AM

I sure hope not.

He's probably right. Nef most likely won't advocate.

IMHO, investors would look down upon this, largely.

As an alternative exchange, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84362.msg930921#msg930921

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:24:33 AM

I sure hope not.

+1

Funneling money internationally for a prohibited purpose.  Sounds like a great idea.   Roll Eyes

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 03:53:01 PM

I support this effort 100% and would hope that Nefario would too.

The whole reason for bitcoins is to have a completely unregulated free market - regulations be damned.

The retards who post that it will make bitcoin look bad aren't even worth responding to. These are the same idiots who think that the news is telling some truth apparently. If these people had half a brain, they would realize that bitcoin is designed to succeed in spite of negative propaganda anyway. In fact, there really isn't a such thing as "bad press" for bitcoin. Any press is good.

My bet is, that a msm story about a bitcoin marijuana company on the bitcoin stock exchange would draw a lot of interest to the GLBSE.

Besides, marijuana is good for you and a plant, part of nature,  that we all have the natural right to put in our own bodies. Anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant a$$hole and should F**k off.

I'm grumpy!!
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:06:29 PM

glbse is highly pro regulation... kicked out and locked out assets. mine personally were a few days from being destroyed,

Undecided 

That kinda sucks, but it IS his exchange. Hopefully, we'll see some competition in exchanges soon (Hermes?).

I'm grumpy!!
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 05:03:31 PM

I support this effort 100% and would hope that Nefario would too.

The whole reason for bitcoins is to have a completely unregulated free market - regulations be damned.

The retards who post that it will make bitcoin look bad aren't even worth responding to. These are the same idiots who think that the news is telling some truth apparently. If these people had half a brain, they would realize that bitcoin is designed to succeed in spite of negative propaganda anyway. In fact, there really isn't a such thing as "bad press" for bitcoin. Any press is good.

My bet is, that a msm story about a bitcoin marijuana company on the bitcoin stock exchange would draw a lot of interest to the GLBSE.

Besides, marijuana is good for you and a plant, part of nature,  that we all have the natural right to put in our own bodies. Anyone who says otherwise is an ignorant a$$hole and should F**k off.

Sorry to inform you, any press is not good press.   Again, here we have an example of another person living in unregulated "fantasy-land".   I guess I am this "retard" and "idiot" that believes bitcoin DOES suffer from an image problem and thinks that this press would just yet again reinforce it. BUT THIS TIME IT WOULD BE COMING HOME, to our forums.

Then he follows up with this "dime" about how it would be good press for the exchange. - not even worth responding too

Lastly, we finally get the pay-off.   Another political statement in the "Pro" column for marijuana (if you must know, I do believe it has medical benefits).   Atleast your username is "cryptoanarchist", so your staying true to character.

P.S. I love this line the most  "If these people had half a brain, they would realize that bitcoin is designed to succeed in spite of negative propaganda anyway. In fact, there really isn't a such thing as "bad press" for bitcoin. Any press is good. "

Ask yourself, do I really sound like I have "half" a brain?

Dalkore

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 11:08:10 PM

you sound like a statist who wants to push your ideals onto everyone else, even when you're in the minority. For most people, being affiliated with marijuana isn't a bad thing.

I'm grumpy!!
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 01:22:45 AM

you sound like a statist who wants to push your ideals onto everyone else, even when you're in the minority. For most people, being affiliated with marijuana isn't a bad thing.

Definition of Statist:  The practice or doctrine of giving a centralized government control over economic planning and policy.

Can you tell me how the half-brain idiot is a statist when if anything I have given solid advice about PR and how it has been affecting Bitcoin.  I have advocated that we refrain from activites that would get vital parts of Bitcoin's emerging economy shut-down or regulated so hard it would have to go underground and then that would bar many type of funds that could really help the community.

If you want to talk about ideas that is another discussion, it would be much more personal liberty.   But to say we want a fully unregulated markets tells me you want a place where its easy to find a mark and rip them off (stick em up).  We already have regulation in Bitcoin through the proof of work system, block-chain and Web of Trust along with this community. 

People can do what they want, I just want to give a perspective and my recommendation on these activities.  This is all our community and it is up to what we make it, I want something truly revolutionary but I know that if it will ever get to that level, it will need majority support and if people endorse this type of activity then you are painting it into a certain corner where the powers that be will make it AS DIFFICULT as possible to do anything and many people will give up because the "games ceases to be worth the candle".

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 11:25:01 AM

I would buy some of these

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 11:45:56 AM

Despite the fact I personally find nothing wrong with weed financing an illegal grow op is a dumb idea especially in the US knowing how retarded the people with guns are there.

A version of glbse behind tor or on i2p for silk road related listings is another matter  Wink

Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 04:00:59 PM

Despite the fact I personally find nothing wrong with weed financing an illegal grow op is a dumb idea especially in the US knowing how retarded the people with guns are there.

A version of glbse behind tor or on i2p for silk road related listings is another matter  Wink

I don't advocate it but your private business is your own.  We are the flagship community here so we do represent something here so we need to assume that people are monitoring the direction we are trying to take things.   Common sense is what we all need to use, not just personal gain but what gains for us all, its already going to be a hard road, lets not make it even harder.

Dal

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 04:13:52 PM

if this "IPO" getting listed
wouldn't .COM domain in this case glbse.com being under US jurisdiction while facilitating illegal OP be subject to domain seizure at the very least?
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2012, 04:41:23 PM

wouldn't .COM domain in this case glbse.com being under US jurisdiction while facilitating illegal OP be subject to domain seizure at the very least?

This is a good point, I almost forgot about the ICANN changes in 2010.  They could use ICE to seize the domain.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:32:09 PM

This.

The idea of diversification for GLBSE is nice, but this is a pretty bad idea. Nothing to do with someone's opinion on MM or weed in general, but investing in an unlicensed business in a very tightly regulated industry just seems like a poor idea. If the OP sticks to his word and just sells to authorized clients, margins would probably be low enough to not be worth the risk. Get the paperwork in order first, then try to launch the business.
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:39:49 PM

This is a good point, I almost forgot about the ICANN changes in 2010.  They could use ICE to seize the domain.

Yup, plus Glbse's servers are in the US, so they'd physically seize them and have records of all the transactions in case they wanted to prosecute (or persecute) those involved.

BTW: The US govt can seize domains when the registry is US-based (Verisign which runs .com and .net is a US company).  Other governments can seize domains from registries in their own countries (e.g. Ireland for .info), depending on local laws.  ICANN hasn't changed anything (yet), they are working on a new registrar accreditation agreement and the wants of the law enforcement and govt contingent are top on their list of negotiating points, so it will probably get even worse in the coming years.  I run an ICANN-accredited registrar, however any opinions here are my own.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 12:47:12 PM

This shouldnt be run through glbse it should be done as a private investment club. You could run it using gpg keys to verify shareholders and hold voting via gpg email.

I have been involved in a  previous endeavour which did just this which also had a secretary,treasurer and accountant etc and had its bylaws.

gbse would be shut down by ICE if it was involved in your operation but if its run as I suggested above you would get a lot more support.

Now we need some sort of open source software that helps you run investment clubs.  Smiley

Edit: btw how much would you want to raise ?

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 06:44:24 PM

We are the flagship community here so we do represent something here so we need to assume that people are monitoring the direction we are trying to take things.   Common sense is what we all need to use, not just personal gain but what gains for us all, its already going to be a hard road, lets not make it even harder.

OMG, do you realize how collectivist you sound? Are you the kind of guy who watches a sports team win and says "We won!!". Do you talk about America using the word "we" too? So you can use nationalism to take credit for things you've never done? Like "we beat the Nazis"?

Look at your above statement. Don't you think it a bit silly to be talking for the whole community? Speak for yourself, you sure as hell don't speak for me.

I wonder, can you speak without using the words "we" and "us"??

I'm grumpy!!
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 08:33:37 PM

My own personal stance on MJ and drugs in general is that , though I myself don't use them, I see no reason why I should stop anyone else from doing so.

From a professional stance I need to consider GLBSE's users and asset issuers, I believe that such assets would bring unwelcome attention to GLBSE from various government agencies around the world and would in all probability result in myself being imprisoned (whether I would stay there or not I don't know), the GLBSE.com domain being seized as well as our servers (although we've got backups, it's going to be hard for me to do anything with them from prison).

Allowing such assets to list on GLBSE in it's current state would be an unacceptable risk for GLBSE, all it's users and it's operators, and as a result is not something that I could approve.

As others have mentioned in this thread earlier, an investment group that is very careful could serve this purpose.

The only exchange that would be able to handle such an asset without getting shutdown is one thats running on a darknet (such as Tor/I2P).

Nefario

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: