Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you like another IPO? I doubt, should i launch it.  (Read 1049 times)
F E L D S P A H R (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 06:44:43 PM

Hey,

i have a great idea for a crypto, already made a coin and want to launch new ITO/ICO distribution, just plottering, does it still make a sense. People have been spending lots of money for cryptoshits for the past months and probably a bit tired of recent scams, e.g premine/postmine tricks, dev dumps, fake collaborations, unexisting companies and other kind of dishonesty.

With this on mind, i seriously doubt, that peeps would put money in next premined offerings, although i guess my concept can be interesting and will work. Another concern is a payment to exchange, i was researching some recent IPOs and found that with the time going on people're losing confidence exponentially. They are buying IPO coins reluctantly and much slowly than a few months ago. I have finances for paying the listing on both c-cex and bittrex, but I am afraid people'll ignore my IPO and i won't even cover the listing expenses.

Should i go on with this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 06:49:06 PM

forget the ipo, get your coin listed on exchange because people want to buy it (the reason why a coin gets to an exchange in a first place ) not because you paid a bribe to an exchange.
See, you just saved 4btc... (I personally have nothing against premine if the amount is reasonable) and for that you just need to make a coin people like and want and keep developing it...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
F E L D S P A H R (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:02:50 PM

Agreed, but everyone who pays to exchange, expects a good ROI. Its a plenty of work - clone a coin, compile wallets, set the op, create infographincs, intent a design, order nodes, request pod, pass a face verification if wanting 4+ rate, create a qt forms for wallet preview. Everyone who says: " We are responsible and passionate dev team, and we dedicated our work to create cryptocurrency for mass adoption blah blah blah" really think: " When the heck will they unlock ipo account and i finally get my money?!" I just spell this. And this is true. 90% of new coins are creating for quick buck. I don't want to waste money, but i was monitoring a lots of IPOs almost all of devs were making nice money.
Its a big dilemma for me.
F E L D S P A H R (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:18:35 PM

In fact i have spent the last week creating OP. Looks ok, but heck... i wish i could know in advance is it worth efforts. For example Quicksilver IPO = 90 btc, but ucoin, just another c-cex shit, raised only 1.2 btc. Both are common shitcoins. Will my IPO succeed? I have absolutely no clue. 100 btc seems fair for IPO on bittrex, but this is so risky.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

What new features or improvements your coin has? If it's just yet another clone coin with some "shining new and fantastic marketing idea" without any real development then just do an ipo distribution. You will surely find some idiots whom will rush to buy in. If it really has some new functions then you might wanna take the harder way and keep your coin clean.
belmonty

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

People are now tired of IPO's and you might find you make far les than Bittrex's fee. Also the USA government considers them illegal and might start prosecuting people for starting IPOs.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:29:07 PM

Ask yourself this: does your coin/currency/asset have anything to offer, apart from making you money?

If you're just hoping that some n00bs will drop some BTC on you in exchange for a shitcoin, then you're almost in scam territory.

If, on the other hand, you have the best idea evah!, then just do a pre-ANN to see if people are genuinely interested before you start......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:48:02 PM

Ask yourself this: does your coin/currency/asset have anything to offer, apart from making you money?

If you're just hoping that some n00bs will drop some BTC on you in exchange for a shitcoin, then you're almost in scam territory.

If, on the other hand, you have the best idea evah!, then just do a pre-ANN to see if people are genuinely interested before you start......

That's the ticket.

Real projects take it steady and do it right. It would be clear from their pace and execution that they want to do something REAL, not just trying to gather money for funding.

Also they would be open and honest about their profiles, dev identities, and intent of the project. They would also have numerous backings and other important details worked out beforehand.

Especially now, you need to take a hard look at if they are taking things such as regulatory movements and legality seriously. Scene is changing, and those that can fit into a new framework will be the wave of the future.

You will find some pre-ANN with great substance and enormous potentials in the sub forum if you know where to look. There are gems in the sand, some of them nearly a year old and still very much alive.
F E L D S P A H R (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:51:04 PM

What new features or improvements your coin has? If it's just yet another clone coin with some "shining new and fantastic marketing idea" without any real development then just do an ipo distribution. You will surely find some idiots whom will rush to buy in. If it really has some new functions then you might wanna take the harder way and keep your coin clean.
Yes, i think you are right. I have an interesting in my opinion concept (although for someone it may sound useless, because i don't actually have real innovations) and for the moment i completed about 30% of work, so when i launch IPO, i will have explanation, basic model and preview. I know this is not enough to make nice money, but how this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842240.0 collected 90 btc? This coin has the OP containing 5 or 6 sentences. I've not yet saw any IPO coin on bittrex, that raised less than 60 btc, except for cleverhash. I think i will make more than 5btc anyway, but bittrex requires POD completed before listing. And yes there are a lot of idiots willing to pay anytime for anything.

To be honest, this is not something big, just a curious idea, maybe can be favorable for pumps after ending of the IPO. Not sure it will live a long while. For now, it offers nothing, because i am only starting to work on it. I am planning to publish and explain features, and to make a time line. Hundreds of other coins use this praxis: offering -> IPO -> roadmap -> launch -> delivering.
F E L D S P A H R (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:57:38 PM

That's the ticket.

Real projects take it steady and do it right. It would be clear from their pace and execution that they want to do something REAL, not just trying to gather money for funding.

Also they would be open and honest about their profiles, dev identities, and intent of the project. They would also have numerous backings and other important details worked out beforehand.

Especially now, you need to take a hard look at if they are taking things such as regulatory movements and legality seriously. Scene is changing, and those that can fit into a new framework will be the wave of the future.

You will find some pre-ANN with great substance and enormous potentials in the sub forum if you know where to look. There are gems in the sand, some of them nearly a year old and still very much alive.
Yes, i am ok to reveal my identity. I have already researched some pre-ANNs. One of them is bitmark -i remember it was in shadows for a few months before getting real attention and huge pump. I will be doing the following - to create a pre-ANN, and wait for a public reaction, than if all goes smooth will negotiate details with exchange and launch the IPO.
Don Flamenco

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:09:28 PM

If the coin has good ideas and development, it shouldn't matter how you launch it.
Bansheroom

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:15:25 PM

If your coin/idea is good enough the ICO can be a success. But you have to tell us a bit more about you (cryptoasian proof of developer may be a good start) and your idea.

Furthermore you could look for another exchange listing your ICO for free or much smaller amount than the big players (https://alcurex.org/ i.E.)

Always get cryptonews, free bitcoins, free altcoins and free mining opportunities: follow @Bansheroom on Twitter
p8ntballer

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:21:47 PM

No, we don't want IPOs ...
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 11:45:36 PM

Yes, i think you are right. I have an interesting in my opinion concept (although for someone it may sound useless, because i don't actually have real innovations) and for the moment i completed about 30% of work, so when i launch IPO, i will have explanation, basic model and preview. I know this is not enough to make nice money, but how this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842240.0 collected 90 btc? This coin has the OP containing 5 or 6 sentences. I've not yet saw any IPO coin on bittrex, that raised less than 60 btc, except for cleverhash. I think i will make more than 5btc anyway, but bittrex requires POD completed before listing. And yes there are a lot of idiots willing to pay anytime for anything.

To be honest, this is not something big, just a curious idea, maybe can be favorable for pumps after ending of the IPO. Not sure it will live a long while. For now, it offers nothing, because i am only starting to work on it. I am planning to publish and explain features, and to make a time line. Hundreds of other coins use this praxis: offering -> IPO -> roadmap -> launch -> delivering.
I think your problem is that you are more focused on the profit you want to make than in the coin you are willing to develop.
So for me you fit more the miner profile than the coin dev profile...

Regarding why some crappy scam coin screw more people than other, it is mostly because those developing these are a lot more organised than you and pump&dump group are probably part of the team right before the coin exists...  so they don't discover the coin at launch, everything is just well prepared to steal money from newbee...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:21:40 AM

IPO's should only be reserved for coins implementing outstanding/highly innovative features(Like Ethereum and the like).

Any other, then no.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: