Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GSX] Glowshares: Community Driven Blockchain Development  (Read 90421 times)
earlz

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 03:52:31 AM

So, what exactly are the ICO funds going to be used for? To hire a developer that can do copy-paste-search-replace, and then to promote the coin via parties with hookers and blow?
Good question!

I am the developer and will be handling the code personally. Funds are used according to the Lean Startup methodology.

The Lean Startup methodology has as a premise that every startup is a grand experiment that attempts to answer a question. The question is not "Can this product be built?" Instead, the questions are "Should this product be built?" and "Can we build a sustainable business around this set of products and services?" This experiment is more than just theoretical inquiry; it is a first product. If it is successful, it allows a manager to get started with his or her campaign: enlisting early adopters, adding employees to each further experiment or iteration, and eventually starting to build a product. By the time that product is ready to be distributed widely, it will already have established customers. It will have solved real problems and offer detailed specifications for what needs to be built.

A core component of Lean Startup methodology is the build-measure-learn feedback loop. The first step is figuring out the problem that needs to be solved and then developing a minimum viable product (MVP) to begin the process of learning as quickly as possible. Once the MVP is established, a startup can work on tuning the engine. This will involve measurement and learning and must include actionable metrics that can demonstrate cause and effect question.

So, you're doing this ICO so you can raise money to start a business... And the business will do... something, it'll do it very lean and use funds very well... but not quite sure what will actually be made by the business.

Cool plan, true innovation. will definitely invest 100 BTC

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
glowshares (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:17:56 AM

So, what exactly are the ICO funds going to be used for? To hire a developer that can do copy-paste-search-replace, and then to promote the coin via parties with hookers and blow?
Good question!

I am the developer and will be handling the code personally. Funds are used according to the Lean Startup methodology.

The Lean Startup methodology has as a premise that every startup is a grand experiment that attempts to answer a question. The question is not "Can this product be built?" Instead, the questions are "Should this product be built?" and "Can we build a sustainable business around this set of products and services?" This experiment is more than just theoretical inquiry; it is a first product. If it is successful, it allows a manager to get started with his or her campaign: enlisting early adopters, adding employees to each further experiment or iteration, and eventually starting to build a product. By the time that product is ready to be distributed widely, it will already have established customers. It will have solved real problems and offer detailed specifications for what needs to be built.

A core component of Lean Startup methodology is the build-measure-learn feedback loop. The first step is figuring out the problem that needs to be solved and then developing a minimum viable product (MVP) to begin the process of learning as quickly as possible. Once the MVP is established, a startup can work on tuning the engine. This will involve measurement and learning and must include actionable metrics that can demonstrate cause and effect question.

So, you're doing this ICO so you can raise money to start a business... And the business will do... something, it'll do it very lean and use funds very well... but not quite sure what will actually be made by the business.

Voting on the blockchain will be the coins first innovation, one that I feel you are not giving enough credit. Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws. Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation. Then we take that innovation of voting on the blockchain and actually use it ourselves to further the very project that created it.

Treating altcoins like a business is something that I would like to see more of. I'm confident people with a business background like myself will immediately understand what I'm trying to do here and see the vision.

chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 08:31:32 AM

Good question!

Voting on the blockchain will be the coins first innovation, one that I feel you are not giving enough credit. Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws. Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation. Then we take that innovation of voting on the blockchain and actually use it ourselves to further the very project that created it.

Treating altcoins like a business is something that I would like to see more of. I'm confident people with a business background like myself will immediately understand what I'm trying to do here and see the vision.

I agree voting in the real world is totally flawed and wide open for corruption.  BLockchain/Coin tech would change that and it would be brilliant to see something like this adopted in the future.
pedroeleven

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:04:10 AM

Look a very interesting coin. I'm going to buy a few.
sasha35625

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 09:10:00 AM

IoT seems to be the new buzzword in crypto. No real substance as of now though

Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:44:19 PM

Looks interesting, have been looking for another new gem in Crypto. Dev's answers seem very technical as well.
WarNeverChanges

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:03:47 PM

Definitely one to watch... Seems very Bitswift-esque, as its a small ICO with good innovation. Maybe it'll 4x after launch too  Cool

armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:59:34 PM

Interesting, probably I will buy some  Smiley

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:08:33 PM

I think this one will be worth watching. I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on things. Great ideas guys!
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:19:43 AM

Looks interesting, have been looking for another new gem in Crypto. Dev's answers seem very technical as well.

Thanks for the support. My background and experience are more than adequate for the task, that's why I'm able to give detailed answers, rather than the typical vague generalizations. There are devices, products, services, even entire industries that can be improved by decentralization on the blockchain, the possibilities are endless. This is full time for me, not just a hobby. I don't know exactly what the future holds, but I'm willing to put in the effort to figure it out.

EnJoyThis

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:15:59 PM

Im liking this one a lot actually.
I sthis correct

Bittrex will host 900,000

only 900k in total.  If so I likey like  Shocked

I have the same thought.

Currently all new coins (and also alot of old coins) have multiple billion coins, I'm sure they do this so you think you have alot but actually you don't.

With only 900k cap at ICO you actually are holding a nice amount of you hold 10k coins.

And the longer I think about it, the more I'm liking the idea of a community driven blockchain development. In the end, isn't this what we all want? Having something to say about cryptocoin evolution. Atleast I do  Wink

1Ew9k5guAGb44Uz6rYfSVscgFBUcgDZp5C
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

http://itsalmo.st/#gsx-ico-time

In the end, isn't this what we all want? Having something to say about cryptocoin evolution.

Well put.

donbobvanbirt

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:23:32 AM

I have always thought blockchain technology would be a perfect tool for voting. This has good potential.
LazerPanther

Activity: 334

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:49:00 AM

Hope the ICO goes well!
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:08:12 AM

glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:01:47 AM

glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:05:36 AM

Market open: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-GSX

erwin45

Activity: 70

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:20:17 AM

again, when will the ICO end?  Shocked i might buy some depending on the hype at the last day tho

Booth

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:33:13 AM

unmoderated thread?
seems to be a newbie dev

fudders will wreak havoc on this thread  Grin
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:50:54 AM

again, when will the ICO end?  Shocked i might buy some depending on the hype at the last day tho

- The crowdfund will run for approximately 3 days beginning Nov 13, 2014 at 00:00:00 PST and ending on Nov 15, 2014 at 23:59:59 PST.

First page on Bittrex already.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: