Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:14:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GSX] Glowshares: Community Driven Blockchain Development  (Read 90423 times)
glowshares (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:58:32 AM

unmoderated thread?
seems to be a newbie dev

fudders will wreak havoc on this thread  Grin

It's unmoderated because I want people to speak freely. I assure you I'm the farthest thing from being inexperienced. I have been developing software professionally for a long time. I'm not new to cryptocurrency or peer-to-peer networking either.

darkip

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:04:47 AM

With BTC on the up again, I'll be watching this. It's the first ICO I might throw coins at for a while.
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:20:06 AM

With BTC on the up again, I'll be watching this. It's the first ICO I might throw coins at for a while.

Thanks for the kind words. Please don't hesitate to share any questions, concerns, or ideas you may have!

olloman

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

Crypto Angel

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:57:10 AM

Sorry if i missed the info in the OP, but what happens to unsold ICO coins? Btw this looks good, I'll try and get some!
altminer1O

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:59:27 AM

i hope it will be burn the unsold coins
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:03:19 AM

Sorry if i missed the info in the OP, but what happens to unsold ICO coins? Btw this looks good, I'll try and get some!

i hope it will be burn the unsold coins

- Bittrex will host 900,000 coins at a price of 0.00033333 each. The first block will include only the amount of coins sold.

Burning will not be necessary. Any coins that are unsold will never even touch the blockchain. Too many things can go wrong with "burning" so I picked a better, more transparent solution.

Booth

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:10:47 AM

unmoderated thread?
seems to be a newbie dev

It's unmoderated because I want people to speak freely. I assure you I'm the farthest thing from being inexperienced. I have been developing software professionally for a long time. I'm not new to cryptocurrency or peer-to-peer networking either.

if you'll let everybody speak freely some people will just spam nonsense accusations and scam alerts which will significantly drop the price. I've seen it happen many times.
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:12:50 AM

unmoderated thread?
seems to be a newbie dev

if you'll let everybody speak freely some people will just spam nonsense accusations and scam alerts which will significantly drop the price. I've seen it happen many times.

I will address each and every concern swiftly, and with logic & professionalism. Trolls don't stand a chance here.

Far too often I see "trolls" shot down when it's actually a legitimate concern that should be discussed.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 11:14:05 AM

I've separated out the key successive statements you make concerning the core feature. Unfortunately, each is loosely-phrased, is unsupported by facts or argument and thus fails to communicate much at all ...

1. Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core.

2. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws.

3. Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation.

4. Then we take that innovation of voting on the blockchain and actually use it ourselves to further the very project that created it.

I'll pick one (not entirely at random) and challenge you on it, just as a thought experiment ...

“Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation”

Exactly how is “human nature” (whatever you think you mean by that term) the “weakest link” (whatever you think you mean by that term), and from which “equation” (whatever you think you mean by that term) is it to be removed?

The statement conveys no useful information about what you plan to do because it's constructed from undefined, informal terms which can mean whatever you want them to mean.

The same goes for the other three statements, they are all semantically vacuous.

I'm not questioning your integrity, I'm pointing out that you're not saying clearly whatever it is that you think you're saying.

Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws.

It's difficult for me to see how it could be anything other than screamingly obvious to a businessperson such as yourself that you at least have to present a supporting case for your twin statements that i) voting in a real world scenario is “flawed to the core” and ii) that a blockchain-based implementation “fixes those fundamental flaws”.

As it stands...

The first claim can be trivially dismissed with: “Sez who? WTF do you know about it?” (hint, using the term “in a real world scenario” simply signposts the content as confected gibberish).

I can't in all conscience call the second statement a “claim” because, in the absence of support, it's simply a non-sequitur. There's a lot of work ahead of you in preparing an argument to support your claim that a blockchain-based solution actually does “fix” (whatever you think you mean by that term) the core flaws in real-world voting (whatever you think you mean by that term).

Cheers

Graham
Booth

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:16:28 AM

unmoderated thread?
seems to be a newbie dev

I will address each and every concern swiftly, and with logic & professionalism. Trolls don't stand a chance here.

yeah, right
good luck addressing big red SCAM message spamming
some fudsters has no decency and they will not stop screaming big bold letters that this is a scam and dev gonna run with the money
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:01:30 PM

Exactly how is “human nature” (whatever you think you mean by that term) the “weakest link”

In other words, humans are the primary point of failure. They can be desperate, bribed, blackmailed, in a weak emotional or mental state, or a variety of other circumstances. Closed source, centralized software & hardware requires a certain level of trust. In nearly every voting system, there is simply no transparency; someone, somewhere can change results and it would be very difficult to even realize it happened. Want to audit the results? Probably not going to happen. An open source, decentralized blockchain simply isn't vulnerable to any of that. Audit the results right on the block explorer. Curious about the protocols being followed? Github is open 24 hours a day.

Voting on the blockchain, from Glowshares perspective, is just a necessary first project that enables future projects. Following the decentralized, trustless vision originally conceived for the blockchain is the goal. Specifically, what will those innovations to the blockchain be? Community consensus through voting will decide. Nothing is set in stone yet, other than decentralized voting.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/16/1100628/-It-s-the-Voting-Machines-Not-the-Voters

http://dailysignal.com/2014/11/04/maryland-republicans-lookout-voting-machines-flip-democrat/

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/10/28/expert-confirms-voting-machines-in-illinois-and-maryland-rigged-for-democrats/

http://twitchy.com/2014/11/04/better-just-be-a-glitch-is-texas-voting-machine-leaving-greg-abbott-off-the-ballot-photo/

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/11/voting-irregularities-virginia-beach-newport-news

http://www.onlisareinsradar.com/wp/u-s-senator-chuck-hagel-now-admits-ownership-in-voting-company-ess/

http://indiaevm.org/

DarkLister

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:20:56 PM

This seems like a great idea but it does seem to be a little expensive.  Not many coins can survive that price for long without continual innovations.
CrownCannabis

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

That's the whole point DarkLister. glowshares said the voting is simply the first innovation to allow all future projects to occur. You and I get to decide what those are Cheesy This is our coin as much as the developer's.

This seems like a great idea but it does seem to be a little expensive.  Not many coins can survive that price for long without continual innovations.

kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:19:10 PM

That's the whole point DarkLister. glowshares said the voting is simply the first innovation to allow all future projects to occur. You and I get to decide what those are Cheesy This is our coin as much as the developer's.

This seems like a great idea but it does seem to be a little expensive.  Not many coins can survive that price for long without continual innovations.

I like it, the voting system is like a meta-feature, a feature to decide future features Smiley
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 02:15:44 PM

Voting on the blockchain, from Glowshares perspective, is just a necessary first project that enables future projects.

Thanks for responding, I get it now. The fact that voting in the real world is/isn't flawed at core is irrelevant, that sequence of statements is just an overblown version of CrownCannabis' summary plus the fact that a record of votes cast is to be preserved in the blockchain.

Cheers

Graham
AltcoinSnow

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:19:06 PM

ill give you guys a tip. all ICO's with a newbie account and a "*insertcoinnamehereDEV" username, are quite simply scams.
Booth

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:27:24 PM

ill give you guys a tip. all ICO's with a newbie account and a "*insertcoinnamehereDEV" username, are quite simply scams.

a tip coming from a newbie account. hm...
AltcoinSnow

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:33:42 PM

a tip coming from a newbie account. hm...

so you wont accept a tip from a newbie account but you will throw thousands of dollars to a newbie account's coin. seems legit.

ill be back to troll you when the dev leaves.
Mobay

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:47:56 PM

So, what exactly are the ICO funds going to be used for? To hire a developer that can do copy-paste-search-replace, and then to promote the coin via parties with hookers and blow?
Good question!

I am the developer and will be handling the code personally. Funds are used according to the Lean Startup methodology.

The Lean Startup methodology has as a premise that every startup is a grand experiment that attempts to answer a question. The question is not "Can this product be built?" Instead, the questions are "Should this product be built?" and "Can we build a sustainable business around this set of products and services?" This experiment is more than just theoretical inquiry; it is a first product. If it is successful, it allows a manager to get started with his or her campaign: enlisting early adopters, adding employees to each further experiment or iteration, and eventually starting to build a product. By the time that product is ready to be distributed widely, it will already have established customers. It will have solved real problems and offer detailed specifications for what needs to be built.

A core component of Lean Startup methodology is the build-measure-learn feedback loop. The first step is figuring out the problem that needs to be solved and then developing a minimum viable product (MVP) to begin the process of learning as quickly as possible. Once the MVP is established, a startup can work on tuning the engine. This will involve measurement and learning and must include actionable metrics that can demonstrate cause and effect question.

So, you're doing this ICO so you can raise money to start a business... And the business will do... something, it'll do it very lean and use funds very well... but not quite sure what will actually be made by the business.

Cool plan, true innovation. will definitely invest 100 BTC

Voting on the blockchain will be the coins first innovation, one that I feel you are not giving enough credit. Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws. Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation. Then we take that innovation of voting on the blockchain and actually use it ourselves to further the very project that created it.

Treating altcoins like a business is something that I would like to see more of. I'm confident people with a business background like myself will immediately understand what I'm trying to do here and see the vision.

Voting on the block chain is massive.. Bitcoins beauty lies in the technology behind bitcoin (ie the blockchain) rather than the currency(btc).To add a method of voting onto the blockchain that is 100% honest is insane ...Very very smart idea with huge potential .SOLID
infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:15:43 PM

Another scam ico on bittrex

I add my scam ico list this shit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=845494.0

https://twitter.com/Anti_Pump/status/532944126271324160

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: