Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:12:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GSX] Glowshares: Community Driven Blockchain Development  (Read 90423 times)
glowshares (OP)

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:41:07 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 06:57:07 PM by glowshares

Another scam ico on bittrex

No one has been scammed here, thanks for providing such a well-thought out argument.

Oh wait, you didn't provide one at all. I'll be here, ready for a mature discussion whenever you are. All jokes aside, everyone knows the risks of an ICO by now. Are we simply labeling every crowdfunding effort a scam? What makes it any different than say, Kickstarter?

glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:37:44 PM

So, what exactly are the ICO funds going to be used for? To hire a developer that can do copy-paste-search-replace, and then to promote the coin via parties with hookers and blow?
Good question!

I am the developer and will be handling the code personally. Funds are used according to the Lean Startup methodology.

The Lean Startup methodology has as a premise that every startup is a grand experiment that attempts to answer a question. The question is not "Can this product be built?" Instead, the questions are "Should this product be built?" and "Can we build a sustainable business around this set of products and services?" This experiment is more than just theoretical inquiry; it is a first product. If it is successful, it allows a manager to get started with his or her campaign: enlisting early adopters, adding employees to each further experiment or iteration, and eventually starting to build a product. By the time that product is ready to be distributed widely, it will already have established customers. It will have solved real problems and offer detailed specifications for what needs to be built.

A core component of Lean Startup methodology is the build-measure-learn feedback loop. The first step is figuring out the problem that needs to be solved and then developing a minimum viable product (MVP) to begin the process of learning as quickly as possible. Once the MVP is established, a startup can work on tuning the engine. This will involve measurement and learning and must include actionable metrics that can demonstrate cause and effect question.

So, you're doing this ICO so you can raise money to start a business... And the business will do... something, it'll do it very lean and use funds very well... but not quite sure what will actually be made by the business.

Cool plan, true innovation. will definitely invest 100 BTC

Voting on the blockchain will be the coins first innovation, one that I feel you are not giving enough credit. Voting in a real world scenario is flawed to the core. Decentralizing it, making it trustless and transparent on the blockchain, fixes those fundamental flaws. Human nature is the weakest link, so we remove it from the equation. Then we take that innovation of voting on the blockchain and actually use it ourselves to further the very project that created it.

Treating altcoins like a business is something that I would like to see more of. I'm confident people with a business background like myself will immediately understand what I'm trying to do here and see the vision.

Voting on the block chain is massive.. Bitcoins beauty lies in the technology behind bitcoin (ie the blockchain) rather than the currency(btc).To add a method of voting onto the blockchain that is 100% honest is insane ...Very very smart idea with huge potential .SOLID

Exactly! Bitcoin uses the blockchain for financial consensus, which is just the first of many great use cases. I truly believe in the blockchain, everything it has to offer, and everything it can offer; even if it that potential is currently unrealized by most. I left the comfort of well paid, albeit soul-crushing corporate software jobs because I want to focus all of my time on this very important, yet simple piece of technology.

dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:17:51 PM

No one has been scammed here, thanks for providing such a well-thought out argument.

Oh wait, you didn't provide one at all. I'll be here, ready for a mature discussion whenever you are. All jokes aside, everyone knows the risks of an ICO by now. Are we simply labeling every crowdfunding effort a scam? What makes it any different than say, Kickstarter?

i wont call it a scam just yet
but its impossible to proof its a scam atm so yea

99% of the ipo,s / ico,s on bitturex are a scam * this is a fact *

so for this one to be a scam ( is highly likely * if u look @ the numbers * )  
* so u need to understand why they say this is one *
then again if peeps wanna trow away money and risk its up to them

ill give u a +1 tough on not pre generating the coins and then burning them
but the problem is u can still basically buy your own ipo for free ( u recieve the bitcoins u spend on buying it back any way ) and still have a huge premine to dump  Smiley

ill see how legit this coin is after release ( and then buy even @ inflated rate,s ) or not we will see Smiley

lol no ty
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:33:19 PM

#2 on Bittrex after only half a day!

erwin45

Activity: 70

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:39:48 PM

#2 on Bittrex after only half a day!

price is a bit high IMO, i might jump in the last hour, depending on the hype Smiley good luck

CrownCannabis

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:54:37 PM

Dragnar, can you please point me to your reputable source of information that so clearly shows NINETY NINE (99) percent of ipo/ico's on "bitturex" are a scam?
i wont call it a scam just yet
but its impossible to proof its a scam atm so yea

99% of the ipo,s / ico,s on bitturex are a scam * this is a fact *

So for this one being a scam (is highly likely * if you look @ the numbers * )  
* so u need to understand why they say this is one *

ill see how legit this coin is after release ( and then buy even @ inflated rate,s ) or not we will see Smiley
Booth

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:13:37 AM

there. It's only a start. Stupid fug and scam accusations are gonna overwhelm this thread. Lock it down and start a moderated one while you still can. Coz when trading starts its gonna be too late
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:55:25 AM

there. It's only a start. Stupid fug and scam accusations are gonna overwhelm this thread. Lock it down and start a moderated one while you still can. Coz when trading starts its gonna be too late

I'm not worried about it. This may be my first (and only) cryptocurrency, but this isn't my first rodeo. Call me the troll slayer.

dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:07:23 AM

Seems good.

But i have one question about that community driven blockchain development.

We will be voting about what ?
about transaction fees? ok , propably we can...

About new feature? hardly.... What if someone will want implementation of real potatoes into the blockchain........

So the voting will be about what?
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:05:21 AM

Seems good.

About new feature? hardly.... What if someone will want implementation of real potatoes into the blockchain........

New ideas can be submitted and the popular ones rise to the top as they receive votes. I have several blockchain related ideas that I will be submitting myself, but it would be nice to get submissions from others as well, that's what Glowshares is all about.

Mobay

Activity: 78

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:29:55 PM

Serious innovation here that will pioneer huge economic benefits for future voting systems around the world especially in places like africa where political voting is all rigged/flawed and built on backhanders . #giving back to the people who need it most .#GSX .

MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE ONE CRYPTO AT A TIME
CrownCannabis

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:47:11 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 10:04:22 PM by CrownCannabis

If I think of any ideas for GlowShares, such as developments to vote on in the future, can I post them here?
erwin45

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:51:19 PM

If I think of any ideas for GlowCoin, such as developments to vote on in the future, can I post them here?

the name is GlowShares , nit glowcoin and i think you can post new idea here

Seems good.

New ideas can be submitted and the popular ones rise to the top as they receive votes. I have several blockchain related ideas that I will be submitting myself, but it would be nice to get submissions from others as well, that's what Glowshares is all about.

glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:31:21 PM

If I think of any ideas for GlowCoin, such as developments to vote on in the future, can I post them here?

Posting ideas here is fine for now, but the goal is to decentralize it in the blockchain and make it available in-wallet, just like voting. Putting everything in the wallet will help encourage staking, which improves the networks security.

Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:38:21 PM

So, about the wallet that Bittrex will be "verifying", will it have any novel features on release, or will it be just another clone?

Can you give us some examples of what you are thinking about as developments that coin-holders can vote on, otherwise it all seems like vapourware. And how does your coin interact with 'the internet of things'?

I think you'll find that Memorycoin was the first coin to have voting built-in.

stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

Nice to see over 50BTC funded so far for the ICO. Will keep getting more as my BTC wallet allows Wink
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:46:53 PM

So, about the wallet that Bittrex will be "verifying", will it have any novel features on release, or will it be just another clone?

Voting features will take 4 weeks, maybe less. Nothing special will be available at launch, other than an extremely visually appealing wallet, just like this thread.

Can you give us some examples of what you are thinking about as developments that coin-holders can vote on, otherwise it all seems like vapourware. And how does your coin interact with 'the internet of things'?

I sure hope my ideas are not the only ones. That would defeat the entire purpose of the coin.

I think you'll find that Memorycoin was the first coin to have voting built-in.

I don't see any decentralized, trustless voting on their Github, so either it's another centralized solution, or it's closed source. Either way, that's not what we are doing here. You don't want to have to trust anyone, you want to know that the blockchain will follow the protocols set in place and that no one can get in the way of that.

erwin45

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:07:18 PM

Voting features will take 4 weeks, maybe less. Nothing special will be available at launch, other than an extremely visually appealing wallet, just like this thread.

at least dev is being honest, so people who expect instant feature after ICO ended should probably read this and think twice before investing, or else we might see alot of red letter saying scam Cheesy

jpmi11

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:20:47 PM

Why should I invest in this coin? Other than the obvious fact of blockchain voting and a very active competent dev?
glowshares (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:37:02 PM

Why should I invest in this coin? Other than the obvious fact of blockchain voting and a very active competent dev?

Serious innovation here that will pioneer huge economic benefits for future voting systems around the world especially in places like africa where political voting is all rigged/flawed and built on backhanders . #giving back to the people who need it most .#GSX .

MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE ONE CRYPTO AT A TIME

That's the beauty of open source! I want the decentralized voting to be used and improved by other projects, especially if it can have a real-world impact like you described. Vote fraud and lack of transparency is rampant everywhere: business, internet, politics, you name it. I see Glowshares voting as a proof of concept. Our use of it is fairly mundane compared to the possibilities, but that will change once we prove it works.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: