Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:38:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this shit is about to go parabolic  (Read 7972 times)
nereer (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Why settle for the lesser evil?

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 10:58:39 PM

I am a moderator over at the bitcoin subreddit (obligatory shout out) and I have been keeping an eye on the amount of readers it has for a while now, because it was close to 1000. Anyway, haven't been over there in a while (since this forum is where it's happening) and I looked back and it is now 1,230. So I decided to have a look at the stats and they are quite impressive.

I thought you might be interested to see:

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notpron139

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:04:13 PM

I actually just found out about Bitcoins last night on reddit, and after reading about it obsessively for a few hours, decided I wanted to get involved.  I really like the ideology, and really hope things go well (excited/curious/afraid of what governmental reaction will be).  Got my first GPU up and mining already too Smiley (this is my first post)
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:06:06 PM

Welcome notpron139! Be careful with that mining stuff - it's very addictive  Wink
BitcoinStars.com

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:08:12 PM

solid info nereer
nereer (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:08:34 PM

I actually just found out about Bitcoins last night on reddit, and after reading about it obsessively for a few hours, decided I wanted to get involved.  I really like the ideology, and really hope things go well (excited/curious/afraid of what governmental reaction will be).  Got my first GPU up and mining already too Smiley (this is my first post)

(excuse my language but) you motherfucking fast motherfucker Smiley I've still not got round to setting up a GPU miner.

If you agree that Bitcoin needs a dedicated Q & A site please sign up for the Bitcoin StackExchange site!
notpron139

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:22:11 PM

(excuse my language but) you motherfucking fast motherfucker Smiley I've still not got round to setting up a GPU miner.

Haha, it was easier than I was expected, I joined a pool. 

It is known fact that bitcoin economy, difficulty and exchange rate to fiat is growing exponentially for almost a year now. The only question here is how long will it last. If The Internet itself, Facebook etc.. is a guide than it can go on like this for quite some time.
I feel like it's definitely going to go up and up at least for a short while-- but there's always the possiblity of a crash, one that the bitcoin might not survive.  I'm pretty confident that even if the bitcoin currency itself goes under, eventually a stronger version of the same idea would take it's place and succeed.  It's just got too much going for it to ever just fade away.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:30:44 PM

Hey you should make a promo post in /r/ technology.
rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:31:39 PM

I feel like it's definitely going to go up and up at least for a short while-- but there's always the possiblity of a crash, one that the bitcoin might not survive.  I'm pretty confident that even if the bitcoin currency itself goes under, eventually a stronger version of the same idea would take it's place and succeed.  It's just got too much going for it to ever just fade away.

The only thing I see that can destroy the value of Bitcoin is something that undermines the security of the actual Bitcoin network, which is why I mine. It's properties make it too damn useful for too many people otherwise.

It can survive a speculative crash. I don't think it can survive a technical flaw.
nereer (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:43:36 PM

Hey you should make a promo post in /r/ technology.

done. let's go people! keep it moving

anisoptera

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:49:39 PM

It can survive a speculative crash. I don't think it can survive a technical flaw.

It could survive a technical flaw, but we need to plan now.

gigitrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2011, 11:55:02 PM

Redditors, in mah Bitcoin? My two addictions combined!
Anonymous

May 17, 2011, 12:19:23 AM

Heh, I am glad somebody is taking care of the subreddit I created. It seems I don't even have to lift a finger.

Much obliged.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 01:14:22 AM

Heh, I am glad somebody is taking care of the subreddit I created. It seems I don't even have to lift a finger.

Much obliged.
Nice atlas! Also, at the time of this post, you have 666 posts. Just thought I'd point that out.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Anth0n

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 01:34:06 AM

Check this out too: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/stats/timeline

Almost 14,000 downloads for 5/16. That's SEVEN TIMES the number of the previous day! What's with the sudden interest?
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 01:36:53 AM

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/stats/timeline?dates=2009-01-11+to+2011-05-17

nextnonce

Activity: 74

www.minethings.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2011, 03:13:19 AM

Check this out too: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Bitcoin/stats/timeline

Almost 14,000 downloads for 5/16. That's SEVEN TIMES the number of the previous day! What's with the sudden interest?

Maybe this?

"Every single person in this subreddit should have this program installed. Do it Now."

BTC accepted at my browser-based MMO, Minethings.com.  ~1500 active players mining now.
locien

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 04:47:59 AM

Maybe this?

"Every single person in this subreddit should have this program installed. Do it Now."

I'm one of those  Grin

Like above, I found out about bit coin last night, did a couple hours of almost obsessive reading, and like what I see. I think this has very interesting potential. 'Course I can't really generate much on my dinky laptop, but every bit counts, I guess
Terpie

Activity: 174
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 04:49:24 AM

Maybe this?

I'm one of those  Grin

Like above, I found out about bit coin last night, did a couple hours of almost obsessive reading, and like what I see. I think this has very interesting potential. 'Course I can't really generate much on my dinky laptop, but every bit counts, I guess

Buy some through MtGox and spend them on things you might have bought with dollars, anyways. That's the biggest contribution you can make.
bpd

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:27:39 AM

Based on some of the threads at Reddit, might it not be time to take the CPU-based "generate coins" option out of the standard clients completely?  New users trying to get coins this way seem to end up frustrated and may give up on bitcoin entirely.  We also need better ways in general for new users to get started buying coins.
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2011, 05:30:20 AM

there has already been a thread on this, and most people agree it needs to be taken out of the GUI..

ZOMG Moo!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: