Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 04:30:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: General questions arising when adding Namecoin support to Armory  (Read 5591 times)
josephbisch (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:25:42 AM

I just pushed a bunch of code. I still don't know what is wrong with the test, but I think I have all the actual code written (for ArmoryQt, I haven't really looked at armoryd yet). So I think it is okay to start reviewing the code. Though I still haven't heard from anyone else that tested the code besides myself. So there could be some obvious bugs that I am overlooking.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:38:00 AM

As a certain someone said, I'm up to my eyeballs with work currently, so I can't spend time debugging your changes. The issue is most likely occurring when the blocks are committed to the DB. BlockWriteBatcher reads commited blocks from DB and builds up the transaction history. It doesn't modify block data so there is no reason properly committed blocks would choke at that stage.

You should try to apply a block to the DB using BlockDataManager_LevelDB::addRawBlockToDB, then pulling it out with LMDBBlockDatabase::getStoredHeader. That should help you isolate the deserialization issue.

jonasbits

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 12:44:04 AM

The build was easy if you followed this guide https://bitcoinarmory.com/building-from-source/

At first I did not, and a lot of error told me to install this and that :-)

I will try to look for things to improve, good work!
josephbisch (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:38:20 AM

I've taken a break from working on this, but I have a question to ask on behalf of the Namecoin devs.

Would Armory devs merge Namecoin specific transaction types into Armory if someone were to code it? This could be used in conjunction with an Armory plugin to automatically renew domain names to prevent expiration.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 01:28:09 PM

I've taken a break from working on this, but I have a question to ask on behalf of the Namecoin devs.

Would Armory devs merge Namecoin specific transaction types into Armory if someone were to code it? This could be used in conjunction with an Armory plugin to automatically renew domain names to prevent expiration.

I don't think we have any plans to commit non Bitcoin code to our official repo. However, I can make key methods virtual (or create a fully virtual parent)s so someone implementing NMC or other coins can derive our transaction and block classes for their own purposes easily.

renee25

Activity: 79
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:11:31 PM

Looks like armory want to offer signature verification with a new field on the DNS records, i wonder if there's any way to make this compatible with NMC.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/30m1p6/verisign_partners_with_armory_to_propose_a_new/

Don't donate me: donate to nmc re-base development project.
josephbisch (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:21:28 PM

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past!

It looks like the IETF spec currently has ACH, Bitcoin, and testnet Bitcoin. But it is general, so that Namecoin could be added in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: