Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] 3D Printing / Machining Services for BTC  (Read 811 times)
Phraust (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 10:24:46 PM

I'm interested in seeing if there is anyone here with the capacity to 3D print in metals, or if anyone has the ability to do 3D routing in 1lb EPS foam.

For the Metal printing, I'd be interested in either mold printing for casting the items myself, or actual metal printing (ala shapeways).  I'd also be open to having the parts machined as well, if that is something you can do.

For the 3D Routing, it's a larger format (I need something about 3' long, and a foot wide, with a total volume of around 2 cubic feet).

I've gotten pricing from some companies that offer it, but I don't see it as very competitive ($1400 for the EPS routing, and about $800 to get the metal printing done).  I'm of the mind that i could spend that much in hardware and just do it myself (for the EPS at least), unless someone here already has the ability.

I could provide any models that are needed, in the format of choice.  I'm looking to get a bunch of stuff made, so this would be an ongoing contract.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom10122

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 11:44:52 PM

Most people don't have access to actual metal printers, you might want to think about a cnc machiner
Phraust (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Mostly Harmless...

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 04:19:58 AM

Yeah, I was just hoping that someone did.

I'd be open to machining as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: