Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:40:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin was created by NSA?  (Read 4010 times)
junglist.massive (OP)

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:02:24 PM

Startling new evidence gleaned from the Edward Snowden-leaked US Federal Government documents suggest that Bitcoin, the popular and ostensibly anonymous crypto-currency, is in fact, a creation of the US National Security Agency (NSA).

http://www.sharpenedsticks.com/2013/07/03/bitcoin-was-created-by-the-nsa-the-latest-shocking-snowden-revelation/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mupartee

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:22:05 PM

Ha! Nice one...
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:22:50 PM

All press says that Snowden is in Moscow airport now, but nobody really saw him there...
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:26:56 PM

I think it was a working team within NSA. I have not seen any evidence it was an NSA project.
Where is this secret"Operation Satoshi" document? And when would Snowden have had time to release this in the last 2 days or so?

Can someone fill me in?

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
fr33d0miz3r

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:32:52 PM

I think it was a working team within NSA. I have not seen any evidence it was an NSA project.
Where is this secret"Operation Satoshi" document? And when would Snowden have had time to release this in the last 2 days or so?

Can someone fill me in?

And where Snowden is? Does he exist?
stash

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

btcmy.net

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 06:45:00 PM

Gotcha!

Tehtarik Fund : 1KxyB3iauJzLvDnZuchekGkB2D7p4UMvuq
BTCitcoin : Mathematical Logic to Eliminate Human Greed
mupartee

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:45:59 PM

Can someone fill me in?

The Sharpened Sticks is a satirical website, check out their "about" page:
http://www.sharpenedsticks.com/about-sharpened-sticks/
rayfloyd

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 06:49:25 PM

Can someone fill me in?

Yes, that means it’s supposed to be funny.

QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 08:08:21 PM

Until I see the "scanned" document <yawn>.

Certainly government agencies are heavy users of Bitcoin...

If you wanna pay $200 to Abdul to take out Habib...
You are not gonna ship cash to Afghanistan, etc, etc...
You just use Bitcoin from your cubicle in Washington.
luv2drnkbr

Activity: 793
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 06:54:07 AM

Oh god, this just reminds me of the shit I go through when newbies talk about Tor.  ZOMG CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT.  Then I have to explain what open source means.  But all they hear is gov't created it, obv not safe.  The fact that there's only a few thousand nodes is what really makes Tor less safe, but nope, it's a government creation, that's it's problem.  *slams head against wall.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:12:05 PM

I remember dwo years ago I explained to a few of my acquaintances about Bitcoin and then one of them starts saying it was definitely created by the NSA (note: none of us were US citizens) and the rest started nodding in agreement and looking at me with skepticism as I tried to enlighten them.  Roll Eyes

Signature space available for rent.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 05, 2013, 02:56:54 PM

Oh god, this just reminds me of the shit I go through when newbies talk about Tor.  ZOMG CREATED BY THE GOVERNMENT.  Then I have to explain what open source means.  But all they hear is gov't created it, obv not safe.  The fact that there's only a few thousand nodes is what really makes Tor less safe, but nope, it's a government creation, that's it's problem.  *slams head against wall.
Quoting to emphasize that this is how people think, and they want to believe their falsities and not see the actual problems (like the 1k nodes). 

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 04:05:20 AM

If it is, then why everyone knows about how as the nature of the group, normally masked when beamed out. The Ripple may be likely as NSA creation.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 04:27:22 AM

First off, TMSC would not have been given the go-ahead if it wasn't for some form of gov't involvement.

CIA, NSA.. whats the diff ?

Is some of our hashpower being used to spy on us ?

HT xD

petrjanda

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 07:33:36 AM

Can someone fill me in?

And where Snowden is? Does he exist?

I think he's already in venezuela or another country. grounding of the bolivian presidential plane could have been a diversion.
gourmet

Activity: 311

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 09:29:17 AM

Can someone fill me in?

When you come to the 2nd-3rd sentence, there's no doubt it's a pure fun:

...notification to US Embassy personnel in Japan about the timing of war games in the Pacific region.  The memo, which provides details of Operation Satoshi...

But I like jokes like this one... :-)
And the last sentence has a philosophical charge in it:

“Instead of believing in the full faith and credit of the US government, or the collective strength of the European Union, Bitcoin users believe in nothing, and that belief remains unshakable”.
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 11:10:52 AM

DISCLAIMER
Sharpened Sticks is a wholly fabricated satirical news magazine focused on the nexus of technology and culture. All names in Sharpened Sticks content are fictional, except when satirizing public figures. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental and unintentional. With the exception of registered trademarks, which are entirely the property of their respective owners, the contents of this site are © copyright Sharpened Sticks 2013 and may not be reprinted or retransmitted in whole or in part without the express written consent of the publisher. Sharpened Sticks is not intended for persons under 18 years of age. Please contact the site administrator to report any potential infringement.

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
AliceWonder

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:27:32 PM

If the NSA didn't create it, they certainly wanted it.

The ability to move finances around in a way that is very hard to trace is very beneficial to intelligence agencies.

QuarkCoin - what I believe bitcoin was intended to be. On reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/
HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 05:29:21 PM

Rubbish! Rubbish I say!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: