Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:12:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF happened to my wallet?  (Read 1620 times)
bobalo (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:22:16 AM

Hi .
Just before few minutes ago I had about 40+$ worth of btc in my multibit wallet.
Then all of the sudden , the wallet became blank , and said something about other program using the wallet , like what the fuck?
I re run it , still blank.
So I opened the wallet from %appdata%Roaming/Multibit .wallet , it synced for a while , and I came up with a balance of 0.2$?
What the fuck happened? It just blows my mind that I lost it all , what can I do? I'm lost ... and so confused.
What can I do?

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:50:13 AM

What OS?

Sounds like some type of malware from the very brief description. But, if you restart does it still say it is busy?

If you check the address at blockr.io (or elsewhere) are the coins still there?

Download anything at all dicey recently?  Miner? App? Etc

Hard to say without more info.
bobalo (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:26:51 PM

Windows 7 64 bit.
I rebooted I have no wallet anymore , I do however have a backup but the balance is 0.2$...
blockr.io finds my address and says I have the balance that I have on the wallet , and that my last transaction was 01.11 which is horse shit since I just sent bitcoins last night...
I didn't download anything dicey , my PC is clean , there is no way somebody just took my bitcoins

TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:32:38 PM

Windows 7 64 bit.
I rebooted I have no wallet anymore , I do however have a backup but the balance is 0.2$...
blockr.io finds my address and says I have the balance that I have on the wallet , and that my last transaction was 01.11 which is horse shit since I just sent bitcoins last night...
I didn't download anything dicey , my PC is clean , there is no way somebody just took my bitcoins

Well it seems as if you have some sort of malware hiding in the corners.
bobalo (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:35:12 PM

Windows 7 64 bit.

Well it seems as if you have some sort of malware hiding in the corners.
Honestly i'm clean , even IF it was malware how the fuck does block explorer says my last transaction was 01.11 ? I made one last NIGHT , it makes no sense.

bobalo (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:53:55 PM

Praise the lord ITS BACK!!
Thank god for backups! But still WTF???

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 06:56:55 PM

Before sending coins to an address make sure you have made several backups.

Perhaps multibit created a new wallet for you and replaced your original wallet.
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:36:57 AM

you had luck , thief's are allwaise there
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: