Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:31:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UroCoin <Latest Info Here> UROSE Calving SPoW Polychain  (Read 4044 times)
jasemoney (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:59:21 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 05:23:51 PM by jasemoney

Hello Uro Fans & Haters who stumble here, an intro with links followed by some consolidated recent info for your viewing pleasure.  Cheesy
"Urocoin, The first pegged commodity token for urea trading & hedging"

Blockchain Foundation:           Chain.Foundation ------------------------------New Site: Contains one of the presentations from UROSE.
Urocoin Website:                    Uro.io -------------------------------------------Links to wallets & Uro Protocol. <update soon>
Urocoin Foundation Twitter:     Twitter.com/urofoundation --------------------News Announcements generally @ 1400 GMT.
Urocoin Freenode IRC #URO:   Kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/uro -------Join anytime to talk with the community!
Old Moderated Announce:        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=684972.0 ---Lots of Basic info about URO here.
News:                                    urocentral.wordpress.com
Dated collection of Press:         https://angel.co/uro-foundation/activity#press ------Press articles from June - Sept.
Urocoin CoinMarketcap:           Coinmarketcap.com/currencies/uro/
Urocoin Block Explorer:            Chainz.cryptoid.info/uro/
Urocoin Richlist:                      Richlist.eu/uro

Begin wall of text:

I wouldnt mind if this was a default thread on BCT to find updated Urocoin info, hoping to have time to keep it current anyone knowing more feel free to replace me!. FYI from #URO IRC I am thesherpa I support Urocoin and have since a bit before its meteoric pump and dump in July. I've had my on scepticism but have always tried to maintain a positive outlook. The recent 1=1 thread has turned into a John Dox thread and Davis’s Modderated announce has been long closed, though pool info and source has been updated that first post has tons of information. I will be keeping this closed as I’d just like you folks to be able to read whats going on with Urocoin lately in an easy to read environment. For the flip side of the coin's image visit the scam accusations sub-forum and its “Known Bitcoin Scammers Bohan/Nilesh” thread should be easy to find, those guys keep it very current.

Last week Urocoin just reached its 1 millionth coin around block 83334 during an event known as the “Calving” the coin reward was reduced from 12 to .6 per block. Nethash dropped from 55G/hash to 5G/hash not quite a 95% drop like the reward, but miners who are still on Uro report the same earnings now as before. For continued network security Uro is investigating 2 new developments. Staked Proof of Work & Polychain.

At the Urose event in Hong Kong it was learned that there will be more commodity tokens released similar to the Urocoin which we know is tradable for Urea. In January Uro Foundation plans to release DAP a blockchain based commodity token tradable for Diammonium Phosphate, then in the summer I45-Sugar. The technelogical advancement is that these tokens will be factored into a new address type and written into the Urocoin code. Therefore sometime in January after a hardfork while Urocoin still gives out .6 URO per block, miners will start receiving 4 DAP coins per bock. This is the essence of the Polychain. Multiple address types representing their own commodity token all existing on the original Urocoin blockchain. This increases the net worth of the Uro chain, to bring more hash and increases security. It also reduces the need to download another blockchain, and consolidates balances into the single easy to use wallet.

At the Hong Kong event We also learned about Staked Proof of Work or SPoW. The goal of SPoW is to create a way to mine that discourages multipools and their hash hopping, and fixes the POS issue "nothing at stake” which has lead to POS coins need for centralized checkpointing. Removing centralized checkpointing adds to decentralization, and removing multipool hash adds to decentralization even further. SPoW will essentially offer a reduction in difficulty needed to submit a hash for addresses with staked coins. As with traditional POS the stake is consumed if it is attached to a solved block. In theory with some coins (URO, DAP, etc) in your wallet you could solve a few blocks with a mid tier GPU, then turn it off to save energy or mine something else while your stake recovers. More users participating in an easier mining process adds to decentralization, and increases network security!

REMOVED, kept small text for reference >>>> FYI VBBB shit the bed, all UROEX users were credited their initial deposits dure to platform creating fiat from thin air when closing "positions" >>>
So we are looking forward to those two large tech advancements by January, we are also looking forward to UROEX the exchange promised to be live late last month. It is all set up ready to go, powered by VBBB (presented at UROSE) we're just waiting on some final changes to be made by the two people in charge of the exchange. FYI the first two fiats are Pakistan’s Rupee and Brazil’s Real ready to go, and will be joined by the Cambodian Riel and USD in the next months. UROEX set to be live in the coming days.

Uro Foundation finalized a deal with Prypto cards to provide:
Gold, Silver, Bronze and Standard level cards for accommodating importers, wholesalers, retailers and farmers.
https://twitter.com/UroFoundation/status/527517857576652800

Video footage from UroSE should be here sometime next week, along with some full coverage press of highlights showing all the speakers.
Check out twitter.com/kingared and twitter.com/dandarkpill scroll back to Oct 29th for plenty of images of the event!
Also @Urofoundation for news from the event.

Sources:
"Polychain: Concurrently Mined Multiple Token PoW Blockchain" original whitepaper by Bohan Huang, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1doGhPJsCJ-Hx3st-9IzJV5TeDjm4f3vPpMgNbSqnVB8/edit?usp=sharing (link to a copy without comments)

For the Lulz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJieVlbRIgw "URO: Moving Urea Faster Since 2014"

TL:DR join in IRC to see whats new! UROCOIN is not dead, theres a lot going on!!!  Cool

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jasemoney (OP)
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:38:35 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2015, 05:11:59 PM by jasemoney

Hello Uro Folks!
I've marked out the UROSE event in Hong Kong by presenter/topic for quick reference. Enjoy! Especially Nilesh's final speech and Bohan's Keynote announcing the new parts of Uro.

Bohan introduces members. then talks about trade globalization benefits for telecom, transport & finance. International banking hurdles due to trust and time to complete business. Identifies the issues and introduces the blockchain.

Ki Tran from Cambodia speaks about how crypto currency can benefit Cambodia and similar developing countries.

Celu from Focus Investment speaks about interesting projects developing from the creation of decentralized online payments without boundaries based on protocols.

Joshua Zeidner speaks about Proof of Work, Proof of Stake, limitations, improvements, and introduces Staked Proof of Work & Polychains to guests.

Joshua Zeidner takes a few questions, and Anil steps in with some additional insight.

Paul speaks about tradition methods vs new tech and their differences.

Anil speaks about growth in productivity and efficiency and improvements to quality of life they bring, how these were/are formed by collections of technologies.

Bohan Introduces 2 NIER attendees: 1st speaker Dr Vinny Pillay speakign about who technology benefits, and current events in South Africa.

2nd NIER speaker: Nilesh Nair thanks the 1st wave of presenters before Dinner.

Josh PR rep of Blackcoin speaks about international marketing and public relations.

Blackcoin Josh opens up for Questions.

Bohan's Keynote Address!
Bohan speaks about multiple token Polychains on 1 blockchain, Staked Proof of Work (SPoW) as the most advanced distribution method for consensus networks maintaining decentralization. Introduces Blockchain Foundation! Introduces more Bitcommodities based in the Uro chain DAP Diammonium phosphate in January, Then Sugar, Soy, then Wheat releasing every 6 months. Lastly explaining pricing tiers for different supply chain steps and revealing Prypto support for Uro and different levels for different purchasers.

Nilesh Nair Congratulates Bohan, speaks about the inspiration, his commitment and the NEIRS commitment to Uro and the future bitcommodities. Mentions talks from earlier in the week took that place some of the largest Urea importers in South Africa, IPL officers, and management from GES.

jasemoney (OP)
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 05:53:29 PM

For shits n giggles mostly as theres no real information to be had heres a little update from me. There has not been to much information since UROSE in Hong Kong or post “Calving". The coding of SPoW has taken much longer than initially planned for which has pushed back all the deadlines set at UROSE for December 'til now. Also UROEX exchange powered by VBBB failed. When placing a trade it would open and close false positions where it created fake fiat from thin air as I understand it. All UROEX users were credited their initial deposits back and the exchange has been closed. As it took a while to pick VBBB I would expect that though an exchange is in demand, the process to pick and launch another UROEX will take some time again.
Since “Calving” where block reward reduced from 6 to .6 urocoin per block, exchanges have required 120 confirms for uro deposits to clear to ensure no double spends happen with the low nethash. Security being number1, SPoW is the top priority and will add security by allowing all holders to participate in the block generation process without having dedicated x11 hardware. An older graphics card and a stake of URO in your wallet should do!
After Spow is released, polychain development will happen for the future DAP reward tokens to kick in. Then a DAP protocol should be announced after that.

Anyways no timelines, but join #uro on IRC to keep up to date or follow @UroFoundation for the most current news.

jasemoney (OP)
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:42:29 PM

someone asked me the other day if i'd heard anything on uro so figured id put up my response here in case anyones looking for some condensed information. thats what this thread was for, didnt expect it to end this way, what with them paying to get people to Hong Kong and having done some slick coding work along with all the great (scammy) ideas.

"hey we (people in irc) dont know much...
Bohan last logged on July 21st to IRC, he last spoke in IRC May 22nd.
He was "having trouble" renewing his uro.io domain, something about a $200 fee for being late. he never did re-register and mikegeister now controls it and points it to bohans supposed ebay feedback page. mike has made it aware he would give it back to bohan at cost if bohan requests to have it back.
bohan has not paid blockcypher in 7 months, blockcypher took uro offline 4 weeks ago but was kind enough to put uro back up for 1 week (started saturday) as nuro uses blockcypher to send transactions. everyone is advised to move coins off nuro before saturday or they could be lost forever (for whatever they are worth.) I had tried last year with slight oversight from bohan to figure out how nuro hashes the user/password/pin into the private key so it could be used in case they program died, but i was unable to figure it out.
I had emailed sugar singh a few months ago and he said that ges could help maybe in a few months but i hadnt asked for help, i just wanted an update, he pointed me to email HK@ email but they didnt reply and sugar didnt respond after that.
i asked bohan at that time and he responded that sugar doesnt know anything and the projects not on hold. that was in May.

so short answer is... bohans a bitch, no one knows anything about the project and it seems completely lost. I dumped my 7k uro a few days ago. bohan returning might pump the coin slightly but at this point he has lost all credibility. short of him returning with concrete proof that uro is legit, i dont see any way out of the death of this coin.."

TL:DR...
no developer in sight, no website, no spow, no dap, no polychain, no more blockcypher and if you have money in the NURO phone app get it out in the next 3 days or it'll likely be lost.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: