Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 04:27:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Accredited Investors For New Project  (Read 2854 times)
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:26:14 AM

I am seeking accredited investors for an awesome new Bitcoin related project.

Please PM me for more details.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:40:04 PM

bump
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 09:59:13 AM

It might help if you listed something to entice investors, especially "Accredited" investors that you are seeking. Large scale honest investors of any kind would not even be intrigued by this posting. Tell us something about your project.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:55:41 PM

It might help if you listed something to entice investors, especially "Accredited" investors that you are seeking. Large scale honest investors of any kind would not even be intrigued by this posting. Tell us something about your project.
For more information please PM me.

Thanks.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 11:18:12 PM

the issue is that you cannot discuss these things in a public forum.

for example say that i were contemplating putting together a fund with a couple others I know, and we would need to go find investors for it, however we cannot publicly solicit investment.
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:27:41 AM

I do not think that in this forum you can find any serious investor - from Internet they are using online bank and E mail. Very rarely out there are websites connected with that type of people  Grin But for let say 10 - 15 BTC investment - there can be investors also here.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 04:07:13 PM

I do not think that in this forum you can find any serious investor - from Internet they are using online bank and E mail. Very rarely out there are websites connected with that type of people  Grin But for let say 10 - 15 BTC investment - there can be investors also here.

that is not true, i know a few that hang out here... but yea there are many, many users...
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 05:31:35 AM

bump
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:12:31 AM

BUMP
MegaFall

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:18:05 AM

the issue is that you cannot discuss these things in a public forum.

Sure you can. It is legal in the US to solicit for investors, under the JOBS Act of 2012, public solicitation was legalized (Rule 506 Section "C"). However, one has to certify that all investors are "Accredited" as defined under Rule 501 (they must have a net worth over $1 million excluding their primary home, or have an annual income of over $200,000), before any money can be taken from said investors.

Equity Crowd-funding should be legal come October 2015, and follows similar guidelines, but any individual (even non-accredited) can invest, so long as the investment is under a certain limit which is based relative to the individuals income.

CMA Disclaimer: I'm not a financial advisor, lawyer, or accountant. All the above is my personal opinion. You should consult with an actual advisor before investing.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:08:09 PM

Also, this is just purely spam if you're just asking people to PM your for info. Also sounds shady.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:17:36 PM

Also, this is just purely spam if you're just asking people to PM your for info. Also sounds shady.

Agree with you.
@OP why you not tell to public, this is right section for your bitcoin project Undecided
just my advice, show your project for attract more people to invest.

~iki
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:10:07 AM

Dupree, we know each other, and I have alot of respect for you.

With that said, please get off my thread, because it's far from spam.

I'm adhering to my attorneys advice, and NOT doing a general solicitation. For now I can only answer questions via PM to accredited investors only.

Cheers,

Brian Santos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/briansantoshi
MegaFall

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:51:44 AM

I'm adhering to my attorneys advice, and NOT doing a general solicitation. For now I can only answer questions via PM to accredited investors only.

Sorry but this is a general solicitation. Saying or type "Seeking Investors" is general solicitation. It doesn't matter if you disclose information or not, it's simply announcing that you're seeking investment that is the solicitation. If you lawyer said that's it not solicitation I think it's time to get a new lawyer.
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:12:39 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 11:23:09 AM by FlipPro

Sorry but this is a general solicitation. Saying or type "Seeking Investors" is general solicitation. It doesn't matter if you disclose information or not, it's simply announcing that you're seeking investment that is the solicitation. If you lawyer said that's it not solicitation I think it's time to get a new lawyer.
You're dead wrong.

Lets take angel.co for example.

On that site you can post details about your business,team,analytics, traction, and yes SOLICIT others to get involved in one way or another with your business (many people find employment on Angel.co for example).

What you can't do is broadcast specific details about your companies fundraising round at hand. This is why angel.co has a section for "accredited investors only" which does display details about the companies fund raising status.

If what you were saying was true, people would not be able to network at a pitch contest, or communicate with interested parties after a teleconference presentation.

There's no law against networking with other accredited investors. What there are laws against is advertising or soliciting securities (general solicitation) in a public forum. I have not done that here or anywhere on the net.

Anyone who's a nice person and PM's me will get the name of the business that I'm talking about right now...

Cheers
MegaFall

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:33:59 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 11:47:29 AM by MegaFall

You're dead wrong.

Lets take angel.co for example.

On that site you can post details about your business,team,analytics, traction, and yes SOLICIT others to get involved in one way or another with your business.

What you can't do is broadcast specific details about your companies fundraising deal at hand, which is why angel.co has a section for "accredited investors only" which does display details about the companies fund raising status.

If what you were saying was true, people would not be able to network at a pitch contest, or communicate with interested parties after a teleconference presentation.

There's no law against networking with other accredited investors, what there is laws against advertising & or soliciting securities (general solicitation).

Anyone who's nice and PM's me will get the name of the business that I'm talking about right now...

Cheers

Alright, have it your way. Hope you file form D and comply with Rule 506(c)...

AngelList's public profile for companies provide no information whatsoever that the company is seeking investment. The public pages provide nothing more than some basic information about the company; location, name, founders, etc. Nothing in relation to an investment announcement. AngelList used to consist of investors stumbling upon companies, or being directed to the page by a company executive that had a personal pre-existing relationship with the investor. Now after the legalization of general solicitation AngelList has permitted companies to send investors offers; prior to the end of 2012, they did not. Trust me I've been on AngelList since 2011.

General solicitation is the announcement to the public in general way. A one-on-one conversation is not general solicitation. One-to-One discussions are not illegal... thus networking events are not either. If one were to have a seminar and get up in front of a crowd and say we're offering a chance for people to invest in our company... that is General solicitation. Where the General Solicitation laws come into effect is how many people an offering is going to at one time. You're lumping together General Solicitation and one-to-one solicitation; the latter is okay and always has been (technically speaking you still need to file "Form D" with the SEC though).

Also, when it comes to networking events. You can't actually take money immediately from an investor. You have to establish an existing relationship with the individual; usually a minimum of 30 days, before you can take their money.

Thus you posting on this website and offering an opportunity to a infinite collection of people is General Solicitation. If you were to go to a networking event a discuss this with one individual, then it would not be General Solicitation.

General Solicitation under Rule 506 Defined
“General solicitation” or “general advertising” are undefined in the statutes or rules. Instead, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) takes a case by case approach. Rule 502(c) prohibits:

any advertisement, article, notice or other communication published in any newspaper, magazine, or similar media or broadcast over internet, television and radio; and
any seminar or meeting whose attendees have been invited by any general solicitation or general advertising.”

In no action letters, the SEC has stressed the importance of the existence and substance of a “pre-existing relationship” with potential investors as a key indicator of determining if a communication is a “general solicitation” or constitutes “general advertising.” According to the SEC, the presence of a pre-existing relationship between an issuer and a potential investor is strong evidence that general solicitation or general advertisement has not occurred. The SEC declined to take enforcement action against issuers for any of the following actions:

Submitting a generic questionnaire to investors during the fundraising period, provided that the questionnaire did not specify or promote a particular investment, but simply questioned the suitability of potential investors. These investors cannot participate in any pending offering.
Providing password protected information on the Internet to potential investors who had already been determined by the issuer to qualify as accredited or sophisticated investors.

Speaking (including an interview to the media about a company so long as the discussion is generic in nature and does not reference any investment currently offered or contemplated.

Discussing a company or new product as long as no current funding initiatives or historical investment results are mentioned.

On the other hand, the SEC has indicated that it believes that the following actions violate Rule 502(c):
Mass mailings
Speaking to the media about a solicitation when funding or investment matters are discussed, whether such speech is directed at current fundraising efforts or deemed to be an attempt to “condition the market” by making reference to the success or attractive return of previous investments.
Print, radio and television advertisements or solicitations regarding funding or investment matters
Tombstone advertising (an ad which does no more than give the barest of information) is held by SEC staff to “condition the market” for the securities and therefore constituted an offer even though the tombstone did not specifically mention the transaction in question.

Source: https://tollefsenlaw.com/general-solicitation-under-rule-506/

Basically, since you posted this you fall under Rule 506(c), instead of 506(b)... there's nothing wrong with that. The only issue is if you wanted to, you can't take money from non-accredited investors. 506(b) offerings give you the option to take money from upto 35 non-accredited. 506(c) removes that in exchange for general solicitation privileges.

Rule 506 on the SEC website: http://www.sec.gov/answers/rule506.htm
Nowi

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:48:05 AM

Yes its true, whats more, if you want it in btcs there wouldn't be problem probably. Cause its BTC it was made for that too.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:06:28 PM

Yes its true, whats more, if you want it in btcs there wouldn't be problem probably. Cause its BTC it was made for that too.
We can take Bitcoin investments no problem.

They would be entered into our registry as USD though.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2015, 09:39:09 AM

Dupree, we know each other, and I have alot of respect for you.

With that said, please get off my thread, because it's far from spam.

Cheers,

Brian Santos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/briansantoshi

Sorry for the belated reply here. I didn't realize this was brian. Yes I do in fact know him and he is in fact a very reputable guy.

Brian - sorry for that i didn't recognize your nick here right away. I also equally have much respect for you and encourage anybody interested in your projects to move forward as you're a good guy, have been around forever,and know what the hell your doing!

So again sorry for that. I was just going to remove it but its a week later.

Also plz pm me a little info on your project, i'm accredited and may be interested in anything you have to talk about!

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Skyenet

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 10:42:54 AM

i have about 20k funds laying around in BTC but not giving people like us details...we will never invest in you.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: