Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:56:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SafeDice.com - 0.5% Variable House Edge  (Read 7961 times)
Sam.Walton (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:18:41 AM

And Doog, if you have the time, would you be interested to test this new feature when it is finished, but before it launches to the public? Smiley

Everytime same thing is happenning. I can imagine after this:

Sam.Walton :  Doog tested our site, we are trustable, good, fair, we won't run with investors money when reach to xxx btc. Come to us!

And then one night run away. Simple.

UI is good but isn't giving any confidence. Maybe it's just a hoodwink? I don't like your anonymity.

We were asking dooglus for help simply because we take him as our hero, I think a lot of other people appreciate and admire him as we do. When dooglus replied our thread, we were not just excited, but were determined to not disappoint people like other bad examples.

We think that if we can be as successful as JD, we can have a very decent incoming without being cursed, and no one wants to be cursed because of stealing people's money. It's not cool.

We also believe that, a sustainable dice site is helpful to the bitcoin community, we are believers but now speculators of bitcoin, and don't want to do anything bad to it.

For the anonymity, please understand that, we do that for the safety reason, we'll also provide the best anonymity for our players, that's why there's an onion address for the site.

To build the reputation takes a long time, and we're prepared to do it anyway. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:25:20 AM

I suggest the following: Sam.Walton why don't you provide your personal information directly to dooglus? I understand that you wouldn't want too (and you have absolutely no obligation to do so), however this would improve community trust in you ten fold, once dooglus verifies the information. Otherwise, you could involve dooglus somehow (for example having him hold server seeds as he offered with dicebitco.in). Once again, you have no obligation to do any of the above.
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 04:32:26 PM

I suggest the following: Sam.Walton why don't you provide your personal information directly to dooglus? I understand that you wouldn't want too (and you have absolutely no obligation to do so), however this would improve community trust in you ten fold, once dooglus verifies the information. Otherwise, you could involve dooglus somehow (for example having him hold server seeds as he offered with dicebitco.in). Once again, you have no obligation to do any of the above.

Thanks for the suggestion marco. We will explore these ideas as well Smiley
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:15:31 AM

But how is dooglus going to verify the personal information?
Also IMHO, knowing the site owner's identity won't help much in gaining trust, as knowing who Mark Karpeles is doesn't help recovering ones' mtgox fund...

On the other hand, having doog control (or co-control) the server seeds and cold wallet could work IMO.

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:33:42 AM

Also IMHO, knowing the site owner's identity won't help much in gaining trust, as knowing who Mark Karpeles is doesn't help recovering ones' mtgox fund...
Had we not known Mark Karpeles' information matters would be much, much worse.

On the other hand, having doog control (or co-control) the server seeds and cold wallet could work IMO.
Yet that defeats the purpose of gaining trust or even setting up a gambling site if a reputable member comes in and pretty much takes over (sever seeds and cold wallet funds are the things which show ownership and control). Actually, involving dooglus just makes him run another gambling site, instead of Sam.Walton runnning a new one.
Coef

Activity: 882

Exhausted

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:55:05 AM

Agree. But what I want to say is that knowing the owners' info may help a bit in gaining trust, but the effect won't be enough IMO.

Yet that defeats the purpose of gaining trust or even setting up a gambling site if a reputable member comes in and pretty much takes over (sever seeds and cold wallet funds are the things which show ownership and control). Actually, involving dooglus just makes him run another gambling site, instead of Sam.Walton runnning a new one.

Yup you are right. Maybe you could even call the site JD 2 then.

I guess it depends on what OP wants.
If he wants to make himself and his site trusted, it will be a slow and costly process.
If he simply wants to make his site trusted and earn some bitcoin through running it, partnering with a trusted bitcoiner (and sharing part of the site profit) could be a much easier and faster way to do it.

zinger

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:59:39 AM

Why is doog not replying safedice's messages?
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:44:59 AM

Agree. But what I want to say is that knowing the owners' info may help a bit in gaining trust, but the effect won't be enough IMO.

Yup you are right. Maybe you could even call the site JD 2 then.

I guess it depends on what OP wants.
If he wants to make himself and his site trusted, it will be a slow and costly process.
If he simply wants to make his site trusted and earn some bitcoin through running it, partnering with a trusted bitcoiner (and sharing part of the site profit) could be a much easier and faster way to do it.

Exactly, that will be the options that we are considering, another option is to run the site with our own fund as bankroll (but of course we'll have to find another source of fund Cheesy, which is challenging as well).

We are pretty much open for certain possibilities at the moment.. Lets see how this will go. This is very exciting moment for SafeDice. Also, whichever decision will we take, we will need to improve the site features and usability, so that will be our focus in parallel.

Why is doog not replying safedice's messages?

Messages? Do you mean in this thread?
CoinCollect

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:24:53 PM

I have withdraw 0.1788 but site wa laggy did not withdraw for me, then i played again and withdraw 0.1905 and i did not recieve
just recieved 0.1788
please check my account
nick: Azmy
CoinCollect

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:27:06 PM

and i think there is a bug, you said max profit 0.05.
i bet 0.0001 x 980 and wont almost 0.097 btc

check
shitaifan2013
Legendary

Activity: 879

monero

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:30:32 PM

check

i dont think thats a bug, since you can aim for a higher max profit if youre willing to deal with a increasing house edge.

at least thats the way I understood the explanation in this thread somehwere above.

Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 03:58:21 PM

I have withdraw 0.1788 but site wa laggy did not withdraw for me, then i played again and withdraw 0.1905 and i did not recieve
just recieved 0.1788
please check my account

Hey Azmy, finally, congratulation for the winning!  Smiley
I'm confused with your statement, but I guess you already received your withdrawal? Your 0.1905 withdrawal was not being processed because actually the previous withdrawal had been processed immediately and you don't have enough balance for the second withdrawal (here is your 0.1788 withdrawal tx log http://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/30573f90c7c5240c66b2d4a20c9c1d4b080e1e3e8b74a19a4be676a4edf758d7)

check

i dont think thats a bug, since you can aim for a higher max profit if youre willing to deal with a increasing house edge.

at least thats the way I understood the explanation in this thread somehwere above.

Yes, exactly. You should also able to check the H.E. that is being used on the bottom of the betting box.
CoinCollect

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:12:12 PM

just recieved 0.1788
please check my account

I'm confused with your statement, but I guess you already received your withdrawal? Your 0.1905 withdrawal was not being processed because actually the previous withdrawal had been processed immediately and you don't have enough balance for the second withdrawal (here is your 0.1788 withdrawal tx log http://btc.blockr.io/tx/info/30573f90c7c5240c66b2d4a20c9c1d4b080e1e3e8b74a19a4be676a4edf758d7)

check

Yes, exactly. You should also able to check the H.E. that is being used on the bottom of the betting box.

I had enought balance, i had 0.1788 and then withdraw but could not withdraw so i played and won more 0.02 and then withdraw 0.19 but did not recieve also, just recieved the first one.
I just saying because there is a lag or bug which caused that and i need you to fix it, i do not need anything else.
Just advice Smiley
I like the site anyway
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:45:20 PM

just recieved 0.1788
please check my account

check

I had enought balance, i had 0.1788 and then withdraw but could not withdraw so i played and won more 0.02 and then withdraw 0.19 but did not recieve also, just recieved the first one.
I just saying because there is a lag or bug which caused that and i need you to fix it, i do not need anything else.
Just advice Smiley
I like the site anyway

I think that's only a connection problem, everything is ok in our log.
Ok then, as long as you already received your 0.1788.
We will keep an eye on this, don't hesitate to let us know when you encounter this again.

-----

By the way, here's a screenshot of our recent works (not published yet), a variable house edge that can change depends on the 'profit on win'!

http://s26.postimg.org/gpw00oikp/vhe.jpg

And yes that's a roll with 0.64273389% H.E. Cheesy
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:45:36 PM

Is dooglus verifying users? I mean if he proof the existence of a user, everyone is believing him but the user is a scammer, wouldn't he get all the shitstorm?

I think it wouldn't be good for his reputation.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:05:46 PM

And Doog, if you have the time, would you be interested to test this new feature when it is finished, but before it launches to the public? Smiley

I'll take a look later today, hopefully.

Is dooglus verifying users?

I'm not doing anything. I played on the site a little and posted some feedback. That's all.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:53:07 AM

There is no way for doog, or I, or any other person (escrow or otherwise) to verify and authenticate IDs without connections to the government of the country where that ID came from.

Show me a passport, then I would need to have it checked with the local embassy or consul. Show me a driver's license, then I would need to call the transport authority or agency that issued it.

There are some people who do this for a living.

For example, I am currently holding some Euro identification cards of some hardware hosting miners. My google-fu tells me that it all looks legit. But I can not guarantee it. All I can do is release the info if said person disappears. (This particular contract is good for about 6 months.)

Seketsuna

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:20:04 PM

Can you do a leaderboard for the top players who waged alot.
LOBSTER

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:17:29 PM

I'll take a look later today, hopefully.

Is dooglus verifying users?

I'm not doing anything. I played on the site a little and posted some feedback. That's all.

Yeah, I assumed that.
MaryKris

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:23:51 PM

Can you do a leaderboard for the top players who waged alot.

For what purpose? Does the site have affilitiate program like Win88 too?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤////////////////////
❖ Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
////////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: