Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SafeDice.com - 0.5% Variable House Edge  (Read 7961 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:38:48 AM

What's the maximum house edge? I didn't see it go above 3%, which presumably means you can profit by 1.5% of the 10 BTC backroll, or 0.15 BTC. Maybe that's what caused the crash.

Thank you so much for the catch Doog! We just fixed both glitches you mentioned Smiley

You missed the point about the maximum house edge. It looks like I can attempt to win 20 BTC by betting 20 BTC with a 48.5% chance. That's only a 3% house edge, when I'm trying to win over 100% of the bankroll.

Also, why would you only adjust the house edge in whole percentages? It would make sense to offer the exact "right" edge. If I'm trying to win 10% of the bankroll, make the house edge 20%, if I'm trying to win 10.001% of it, make the edge 20.002%, etc.

You could consider going lower than 1% too, for small bets. Then you'd have a real unique feature to boast about!

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:49:21 AM

guess ur chinese, the languages listed only english and chinese, layout pretty good, u need more advertising push i believe, and i just found out this today

The Chinese flag is right, but the English flag isn't. That looks like the USA flag, not the English one.

Sorry for the confusion Doog, it was meant as American English, but I realized that it is not common and just changed as suggested.

After logging in, a UK flag is shown now; but before logging in, a US flag is still shown.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:05:15 AM

I just tried setting a username and password.

I typed a 32 character password, twice.

It told me "Minimum password length is 6".

It turned out it didn't like the exclamation mark I had in my password.

It would be better if you allowed weird characters in passwords, or at least told the user what the rules are, rather than saying "minimum 6"!

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ShintoshiBTC

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

YOU"RE LIKE A TIMEBOMB!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:10:41 AM

LOL another dice site , well good luck !

I would love to play there if i have luck Wink

Not all luck, you need bitcoin too. Smiley
Sam.Walton (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:12:16 AM

What's the maximum house edge? I didn't see it go above 3%, which presumably means you can profit by 1.5% of the 10 BTC backroll, or 0.15 BTC. Maybe that's what caused the crash.

Thank you so much for the catch Doog! We just fixed both glitches you mentioned Smiley

You missed the point about the maximum house edge. It looks like I can attempt to win 20 BTC by betting 20 BTC with a 48.5% chance. That's only a 3% house edge, when I'm trying to win over 100% of the bankroll.

Also, why would you only adjust the house edge in whole percentages? It would make sense to offer the exact "right" edge. If I'm trying to win 10% of the bankroll, make the house edge 20%, if I'm trying to win 10.001% of it, make the edge 20.002%, etc.

You could consider going lower than 1% too, for small bets. Then you'd have a real unique feature to boast about!

Hi Doog,

What do you mean by missing the point about the maximum house edge? Can you please help to elaborate?

We also thought about floating house edge the first time, to have variable house edge using a proper kelly criterion. And then, we thought that it might be a difficult to understand concept to new players and investors. Plus, we wouldn't be able to advertise the site as "1% house edge." That's why we came out with the "semi floating" idea. There's also one consideration that using total floating might encourage players to make a dust bet.

However seeing this post is made by you, it really make us think twice about our decision. We will discuss this internally and probably implement it asap. Thanks for the "site changing" post Cheesy

It would be better if you allowed weird characters in passwords, or at least told the user what the rules are, rather than saying "minimum 6"!

Sorry for the inconvenience Doog. Noted this and will fix on the next update  Smiley
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:18:06 AM

I tried to set my client seed. It told me "bad request", but not what was wrong with it.

Seems there's a limit of 15 characters - if so, tell me. "bad request" isn't helpful.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:27:34 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 08:37:53 AM by dooglus

I've typed "0.00000010" into the stake box, and am trying to type "1000" into the payout box. As soon as I hit the "1", the payout box changes to "1.02061856". I don't know why.

There's no significant error in the javascript console.

I don't think I'm trying to do anything very weird - I want to bet a little on a high multiplier - but I can't figure out how.

Edit: I tried putting 0.001 into the chance field, but it changes to 0.01. And if I hit backspace, the field becomes just "0", much like I segnalationed with the stake box earlier.

Edit2: Maybe 0.01% is the hardest bet you allow. I managed to win it with a small stake:

The site looks pretty good, but has a few annoying issues, reported above.

Edit3: Withdrawal of 0.56 BTC was instant. It would be better if the withdrawal dialog made it clear whether I was meant to type the amount I wanted to receive or the amount I wanted to go out of my balance. They're different by the fee of 0.0001 BTC, see?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
KaozTiposta

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:28:10 AM

House Edge is 3% ? No thanks. But your designer knows his business, good ui.
Also I didn't deposit, made bet with 0 satoshi. It was so slow because of 0 satoshi?
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:48:28 AM

@Doog: Thanks for the comprehensive test and 'segnalation'... And sorry for the inconvenience. Will look into it Smiley

House Edge is 3% ? No thanks. But your designer knows his business, good ui.
Also I didn't deposit, made bet with 0 satoshi. It was so slow because of 0 satoshi?

Ummm, actually it is 1% by default, 2% - 3% are optional for player that want to bet higher than 0.5% of the bankroll. And yes, there is a delay for 0 satoshi Smiley
pureelite

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:50:34 AM

i think you should make a giveaway and add a faucet to attract more players to your site
Stars

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:58:46 AM

It's a nice UI but the wrong time to open an investment website imo. I don't think people will invest their coins into new websites anymore, pretty sure everyone has learned there lesson.

Shogen
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:16:17 AM

It's a nice UI but the wrong time to open an investment website imo. I don't think people will invest their coins into new websites anymore, pretty sure everyone has learned there lesson.

Agree, and that's why the site has received very little investment.
The bankroll starts with 10 btc and is now at ~9.75 btc after losing ~0.44 btc, so there is less than 0.2 btc investment.

CoinCollect

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:27:16 PM

I saw this bet " 22150   rexxludi   69.0709   < 88.3929   0.13430087   1.10 ×   0.01307730 "

I think there is a problem because if 1.10x the target must be 89.9999 ? right ?
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:13:52 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 04:10:46 PM by Sam.Walton

Hi CoinCollect, at that time he is using 2-3% HE calculation (depends in the bet size), in that case the payout and target is correct.
coincolonel

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:44:02 PM

Yes, its quite difficult time. People have their limit, not all, but majority and bigger player & investors might stand back for quite a time. Sad to see the industry destroys itself.
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:01:58 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 05:59:18 PM by Sam.Walton

Yes, its quite difficult time. People have their limit, not all, but majority and bigger player & investors might stand back for quite a time. Sad to see the industry destroys itself.

This is a good question and as you are also not the first person to mention this Smiley

But we don't think waiting longer is a good idea either. We are agree that trust is important, and it is build, not made in a single night. For this reason we believe that the sooner we launched the site, the more time we get to prove ourselves, and the more time we get to improve the site. By the time the industry is healed, the site will be more "ready," both in term of features and trust-ability.
Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:23:09 PM

I tried to set my client seed. It told me "bad request", but not what was wrong with it.

Seems there's a limit of 15 characters - if so, tell me. "bad request" isn't helpful.

Thanks Doog, both of them have been fixed. We will also recheck through all the notifications within this week Smiley
coincolonel

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:58:06 PM

This is a good question and as you are also not the first person to mention this Smiley

But we don't think waiting longer is a good idea either. We are agree that trust is important, and it is build, not made in a single night. For this reason we believe that the sooner we launched the site, the more time we get to prove ourselves, and the more time we get to improve the site. By the time the industry is healed, the site will be more "ready," both in term of features and trust-ability.

I guess what he means by the wrong time is that it would be much better if you just had launched the site sooner, not longer.
nothingnew

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:52:55 AM

This is what I'm experiencing too, seems it's not fixed yet.

I've typed "0.00000010" into the stake box, and am trying to type "1000" into the payout box. As soon as I hit the "1", the payout box changes to "1.02061856". I don't know why.

Sam.Walton (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:03:19 AM

Every time I try to type 1.1 in the payout field, it turns to 1.02061856 automatically and I can't modify it, that is, when I was trying to delete 6, it won't let me do it.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm using safari.

This is what I'm experiencing too, seems it's not fixed yet.

Hi nothingnew, thank you for the inputs, we will fix this as soon as possible.

And thank dooglus for testing the site, as a  new site in this industry, we are so grateful Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: