Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:47:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][U] UCoin丨X15丨Web, iOS, Android, Mac and WP wallets丨USnake | More features  (Read 64300 times)
UCoinTeam (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:02:28 PM

Hi,
In the roadmap had to make some changes.

I apologize for the delay.
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 05:08:08 PM

It's all good.  Showing that you are able to know you cannot meet a goal and to adjust those goals openly is something that most developers around here are totally incapable of doing.
bitman008

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:41:19 PM

what's happend? ???The price of Ucoin has dropped from 1K sato to 33 sato.

KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 01:26:08 PM

what's happend? ???The price of Ucoin has dropped from 1K sato to 33 sato.

Not enough fake hype or false promises for people. So instead they put their money in shit like Paycoin.  Cheesy

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
rigging

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:13:09 AM

any news from Dev?
It's a shame to abandon a good coin.

██████    ... ANTSHARES, DIGITAL ASSETS FOR EVERYONE  ...    ██████
████    ... ANTSHARES ICO STARTS AUGUST 8th  ...     ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ANTSHARES     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ (https://antshares.com/?ref=rigging)
UCoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:29:03 AM

Hi,
UWallet for Windows release.

UCoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 04:38:51 AM

any news from Dev?
There was a slight delay...
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:50:29 PM

any news from Dev?
There was a slight delay...

Yep, just a half a day delay, and a lot of panic Smiley

Thanks for keeping up the great work! Nice to see a man of his word here!

... this space is not for rent ...
parvalue

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:42:19 AM

only 31 sato now ,.....  Angry

losk22
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:59:43 PM

does not start new wallet for WIN7
UCoinTeam (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 04:57:52 PM

does not start new wallet for WIN7
Hi,
Thank you for report.
Is there an error message or just doesn't start?
majsta

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 08:47:10 PM

It won't work on WinXP so I m using old wallet.

The application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Maybe you need to compile standalone version.

KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 09:29:11 PM

It won't work on WinXP so I m using old wallet.

The application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Maybe you need to compile standalone version.

WinXP?  Huh

Yes come on guys, it won't sync on my Commodore 64 either!  Cheesy

By the way, congratulations UCoinTeam again for continually delivering on your promises and quietly and consistently getting the job done.
With a proper marketing campaign this could really take off. Hopefully you start getting the recognition you deserve soon.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
majsta

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 10:18:28 PM

Why are you surprised that I m using WinXP. There are people like me who are refusing to use Win7,8,Android or anything let's call it modern. I don't have touch screen phone and yes I have about 30 various Commodore computers.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:14:25 PM

Why are you surprised that I m using WinXP. There are people like me who are refusing to use Win7,8,Android or anything let's call it modern. I don't have touch screen phone and yes I have about 30 various Commodore computers.

LOL because its a thirteen year old operating system that is no longer supported by its manufacturer. 

The real question should why are you surprised that new software doesn't work on your antiquated computer?  I personally think you are insane if you are expecting any developer to spend their time making their software compatible with that system.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 11:57:02 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 12:28:30 AM by drays

LOL because its a thirteen year old operating system that is no longer supported by its manufacturer.  

The real question should why are you surprised that new software doesn't work on your antiquated computer?  I personally think you are insane if you are expecting any developer to spend their time making their software compatible with that system.

WinXP is still widespread OS, and many people use it because of various reasons: some use XP as they like it more than the latest creations of microsoft (and there are real reasons to like the XP more), others use it on older PC's just because it runs much lighter/faster than Win7 on smaller RAM. The fact that there are newer things, it does not mean those newer things are better.

In any case, serious developers should support XP if they want their user base to be wider. You cannot force users to upgrade just because you don't want to spend time on old OS. You will just lose that user if you ignore him.

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:48:59 AM

The real question should why are you surprised that new software doesn't work on your antiquated computer?  I personally think you are insane if you are expecting any developer to spend their time making their software compatible with that system.

WinXP is still widespread OS, and many people use it because of various reasons: some use XP as they like it more than the latest creations of microsoft (and there are real reasons to like the XP more), others use it on older PC's just because it runs much lighter/faster than Win7 on smaller RAM. The fact that there are newer things, it does not mean those newer things are better.

In any case, serious developers should support XP if they want their user base to be wider. You cannot force users to upgrade just because you don't want to spend time on old OS. You will just lose that user if you ignore him.

WinXP is still a widespread OS because people are too poor and/or stupid to upgrade.  If you want to run XP for some reason do it in with a VM.
Tiger_BTC

Activity: 60

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:57:35 AM

happy to see Ucoin community still active~  Wink

drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 02:31:14 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 02:52:26 AM by drays

WinXP is still a widespread OS because people are too poor and/or stupid to upgrade.  If you want to run XP for some reason do it in with a VM.

There are many different types of people in the world Smiley. And all of them think different way and see different things which others (including you and me) don't see. Its not as simple as you think Smiley

The main point of my post was not to decide who is right, who is wrong, who is stupid and who is smart. The point is - if dev wants more people look into the coin, he might (or should) consider fixing the wallet for XP, or compile/link it statically, as majsta suggested.

In any case no reason to argue about taste, sure UCoin communities activity is a good thing, as previous poster mentioned, but better to run it around our new UCoins, not around that old, outdated XP  Grin.

majsta

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 12:14:47 PM

There is no need to be judgmental or call someone insane just because want to use something different than others. In most cases that has nothing to do with money. In fact most of the complete Ucoin net hash rate now is supported from my side and I will add more power when time is right. I agree the fact that things are not so simple and that there are various people in the world who things different way. All I wanted to say that old version of Ucoin wallet worked on WinXP then why shouldn't new one so I can continue my support to this coin. I didn't requested from developer team to build something new and to waste their time just for me. And for all money in the world I wouldn't start using android phone, windows 8 or something like that.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: