Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain cryptos to the everyday users - an example from AppleByte  (Read 1158 times)
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 04:06:22 PM

This is a recent post from the AppleByte Forum, explaining AppleByte to our user community (artists & art lovers).
Note the lack of technical jargon. We are finding this works extremely well with our users.
This type of explanation is key to building a real user community, and therefore a longterm, successful coin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppleByte was created to help artists take a bite out of the Big Apple, whether that means NYC, LA, London, Paris, Tokyo, are any other city. Our mission is to support artists in the building of their careers. There is never any cost to artists or art lovers for our services. The services are paid for by the AppleByte Foundation.

The following explains how artists & art lovers can get involved to support the art world.

How does it work?

AppleByte is a person to person digital currency. With applebytes, art lovers can now support their favorite artists directly. When a fan sees an artist's work they appreciate, instead of just liking or faving them, fans can give them AppleBytes (which can then be converted to cash, used at restaurants, concerts, movies, theaters, etc).

As a digital currency, AppleByte's account data resides on a peer-to-peer (computer-to-computer) network that consists of all the computers logged into the network. These computer "nodes" are paid with AppleBytes for contributing their computer power to the network.

Additionally AppleByte users earn more for putting the currency into circulation. This happens when AppleByte users "pick" AppleBytes from the orchard (AppleByte Orchard). Once each day, each AppleByte user can earn 25 - 100 applebytes, which increases the number of AppleBytes in circulation.

So what does this mean for artists? How does AppleByte help?

Artists can receive and spend (cash in) applebytes, just as you would cash-in airline mileage points or credit card bonus points. This provides real financial support for their careers. Additionally artists gain increased exposure (at no cost) on AppleByte's social media and forum.

Artists can receive AppleBytes three ways:

- Fans who like their work can give them some
 - They can earn them by helping put more into circulation, by using the AppleBye Orchard site
 - They can earn them by attaching their computer to the network as a node

Gain more exposure through AppleByte's social media and forum:

- The AppleByte Foundation posts, shares,tweets, retweets about participating artists on Twitter, FB, and Reddit.
 - Artists can list a link to their work (for free) on the (AppleByte Forum) and gain new fans.
 - When an artist has a new project or gig, they can post about it in the forum, in the New Project section, and it will be promoted on our social media.
 - Artists can sell their work or services for AppleBytes. For example, the founder of AppleByte is a fashion photographer and allows clients to pay for shoots with cash or AppleBytes.

Additional projects currently in development:
 - We are in final testing of an app to allow anyone to "tip" artists using their Twitter ID. So even if an artist has not already joined AppleByte or received an AppleByte wallet address, fans can give them AppleBytes directly on twitter (to be released in December).
 - We are in development of a new music site, allowing musicians to sell songs & albums for applebytes (also to launch in December).

We know that for anyone not familiar with digital currencies (the first was bitcoin), the concept can be hard to understand. So we recommend simply giving it a try, with our easy beginner step. There is never any cost to artists or art lovers for our services. The services are paid for by the AppleByte Foundation. These steps are on our forum are here: Beginner Steps

Additionally, join our forum. If you are an artist, post a link to your work in the Artist Section (Artist Listing) include your AppleByte address, so fans can find you and give you AppleBytes. If you are an art lover or artist, join the forum and introduce yourself in the Introduction Section of the forum and let us know about your artistic interests (Introductions).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter
Exchanges: Bittrex BTC-ABY
                 Poloniex ABY/BTC

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
okbit

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:06:31 PM

Simple, clear explanation. I wonder if the users understand a peer-to-peer network, but i know of no other way to explain it.
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 06:40:17 PM

They get that, relate it to Napster, etc

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
First.Bitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 05:17:32 PM

This continues to work well for us. We are now looking for video artist, to create video based on this outline.

zing96

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:19:48 PM

Simple, clear explanation. I wonder if the users understand a peer-to-peer network, but i know of no other way to explain it.

Agreed, very nice explanation.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: