Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:11:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ShapeShift Lens - You can now pay altcoins to every Bitcoin merchant on Earth  (Read 1543 times)
ShapeShift.io (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 06:16:57 PM

Introducing ShapeShift Lens (browser extension)

You can now pay altcoins to every Bitcoin merchant on Earth.

Use the Shapeshift Lens extension to automatically pay any Bitcoin address with the altcoin of your choice.

ShapeShift.io is the world's fastest, most trusted service for instantly converting between crytpocurrencies. The Lens browser plugin lets you pay Bitcoin address or invoice with Litecoin, Peercoin, Dogecoin, and other leading altcoins. You can use the lens to pay any Bitcoin address with an altcoin and ShapeShift Lens will instantly convert your altcoin and make the payment for you. Once you install the lens extension, you will see that a tiny ShapeShift fox icon appears next to Bitcoin addresses on webpages you visit. Click on that icon to use Lens to pay that Bitcoin address with your altcoin of choice.

• No account required.
  • Open source
  • So easy your grandmother can use it.

Enjoy!

Video:
http://www.shapeshift.io/lens.html

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/shapeshift-lens/mhmibpkchfkofmjhfnblcpdaekcimoef

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 10:23:23 PM

This is a fantastic innovation! Congrats on your progress!

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 12:20:05 AM

Thanks!  We think this makes all altcoins more valuable... they can now be spent anywhere!

cryptonarrator

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 05:53:16 AM

Thanks!  We think this makes all altcoins more valuable... they can now be spent anywhere!
I actually thought the exact opposite. The first thing that came to my mind was how any altcoin not part of this would run the risk of getting devalued. In the article I wrote, I expressed my concern with the short term prices of non affiliated altcoins and how they could lose value. However, I saw how this could be a great thing in the long term by culling the  basic ones and leaving all the innovative coins. Crypto does behave oddly so who actually knows what the outcome will be  Tongue
ShapeShift.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 04:31:13 PM

I actually thought the exact opposite. The first thing that came to my mind was how any altcoin not part of this would run the risk of getting devalued. In the article I wrote, I expressed my concern with the short term prices of non affiliated altcoins and how they could lose value. However, I saw how this could be a great thing in the long term by culling the  basic ones and leaving all the innovative coins. Crypto does behave oddly so who actually knows what the outcome will be  Tongue

Well if your argument is that coins supported by ShapeShift will be more valuable than those that aren't, then we would agree. Of course, we're working hard to continue to add all leading coins. Most coins that have any kind of community and usage will end up on ShapeShift soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: