Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:08:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Falling is shooting interviews now.  (Read 1403 times)
Kontridder (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:58:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYJdOiLqSxE

Thats why he is not active anymore on bitcointalk..
Remember folks , what you see is what not you get!
We are going no where but down!
This is the ultimate bull trap.
Cut you looses!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:59:15 PM

Good grief.  Embarrassed

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:03:27 PM

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:04:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYJdOiLqSxE

Thats why he is not active anymore on bitcointalk..
Remember folks , what you see is what not you get!
We are going no where but down!
This is the ultimate bull trap.
Cut you looses!

Latecomer grieving??? LOL  Cheesy
Malte

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:17:56 PM

I don't get his reasoning, he main critique is that bitcoin penetration/usage is way lower than "previously thought" or how the community makes it look like. I agree with that, but what does this say about possible future developments? if anything, I'd say "oh great, so I'm even more early adopter than I thought" or "there is way more room for growth than previously thought".
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:25:36 PM

I don't get his reasoning, he main critique is that bitcoin penetration/usage is way lower than "previously thought" or how the community makes it look like. I agree with that, but what does this say about possible future developments? if anything, I'd say "oh great, so I'm even more early adopter than I thought" or "there is way more room for growth than previously thought".

Only ~1.2M wallets have anything in them other than just dust or empty.  Entities, merchants, and individual users can have more than one wallet.  So do the extrapolation.  Yep, we're still ridiculously early adopters.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 07:37:55 PM

At least future development got a clear degree of uncertainty. I really loathe the desillusional people here that sometimes seem to only live in their own dreamworld. Almost everyday I see the same bullshit statement passing by: 'Adoption is ever increasing and....'. I really ask myself if the idiots that bring that shit to these boards tell that to themselves each and every day before they go to sleep, thinking about their 800 dollar+ coins. Whenever there is some lame announcement about some new Bitcoin venture, people immediatly grasp the opportunity to implictly proclaim that market adoption has just doubled again.

I know better and so do many others here; if they will admit it is a second. When I read the media regarding Bitcoin, it is mostly (if not nearly exclusively) bad news. When I look around me I literally see no one using Bitcoin out of dozens of people I know. Above all I know for sure that many of them will never start using it, as they want to avoid risk. The adoption myth will slowly deflate itself in the mid term.

Looks like pretty strong growth in usage to me:

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
ParabellumLite

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:00:08 PM

At least future development got a clear degree of uncertainty. I really loathe the desillusional people here that sometimes seem to only live in their own dreamworld. Almost everyday I see the same bullshit statement passing by: 'Adoption is ever increasing and....'. I really ask myself if the idiots that bring that shit to these boards tell that to themselves each and every day before they go to sleep, thinking about their 800 dollar+ coins. Whenever there is some lame announcement about some new Bitcoin venture, people immediatly grasp the opportunity to implictly proclaim that market adoption has just doubled again.

I know better and so do many others here; if they will admit it is a second. When I read the media regarding Bitcoin, it is mostly (if not nearly exclusively) bad news. When I look around me I literally see no one using Bitcoin out of dozens of people I know. Above all I know for sure that many of them will never start using it, as they want to avoid risk. The adoption myth will slowly deflate itself in the mid term.

I wonder how much of that is due to trading. Also: what immediatly catches the eye is that the growth in adoption seems far slower than price growth (that is, the bubble we saw in november/december 2013). I still don't see people jumping into Bitcoin, as it is far too complex for the average joe. He wants something simple, easy and safe, and therefore Bitcoin will simply prove to be no candidate at all in the long run. I expect that some altcoin (that is, not some Bitcoin clone but something real like Nxt for example) will take its place and that particular altcoin might have a small chance of becoming used as it is meant to be.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:13:31 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/176027/txs_excluding_popular.png

I wonder how much of that is due to trading. Also: what immediatly catches the eye is that the growth in adoption seems far slower than price growth (that is, the bubble we saw in november/december 2013). I still don't see people jumping into Bitcoin, as it is far too complex for the average joe. He wants something simple, easy and safe, and therefore Bitcoin will simply prove to be no candidate at all in the long run. I expect that some altcoin (that is, not some Bitcoin clone but something real like Nxt for example) will take its place and that particular altcoin might have a small chance of becoming used as it is meant to be.

Nobody will ever use the internet, it is way too complicated.

Roll Eyes

Altcoins can't simplify the protocol without taking something away.  We don't need a simpler protocol.  We need user friendly layers built on top of the protocol, and we are 100 times closer to that now than we were 1 year ago.  It is still way early in the Bitcoin timeline and to call it dead at this point is drastically short sighted,

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
redwraith

Activity: 188
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 02:05:21 AM

Like many of you btc detractors, you act as though bitcoin should have just sprang into existence and been as easy as a credit card to use from day one.  With game changing socio-economic breakthroughs like bitcoin, it doesn't happen like that; even widespread use of credit and debit cards took years to take hold.  Right now bitcoin is in its infant growth phase, where development is taking place to help make it much easier to use.  The key phrase is "give it time." 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: