Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:27:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX. Dwolla deposit problems?  (Read 4830 times)
TangibleCryptography (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 01:11:24 PM

I opened a CampBX account and deposited via Dwolla.  Dwolla shows cleared but CampBX shows no balance, no pending tx, no "nothing".

Is CampBX having Dwolla problems too?

I didn't find a CampBX support thread but if one exists and mods wish this can be moved there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 02:06:21 PM

Looks like a great arbitrage opportunity between campbx and mtgox right now.  And bitfloor too.

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2012, 02:34:39 PM

Looks like a great arbitrage opportunity between campbx and mtgox right now.  And bitfloor too.

Do you hate me Steve?  Smiley  Why do you think I deposited?

CAMP BX credit my account before I freak out!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:02:23 PM

It takes a few hours, don't worry. I did the same thing as you are doing, last night  Tongue

epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:04:17 PM

Me too, so I suppose it's down to whos deposit clears first gets the cheap coins Smiley
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:12:22 PM

Me too, so I suppose it's down to whos deposit clears first gets the cheap coins Smiley

I wonder it Keyar would accept a kickback.  Of course it would be unethical to simply take the play himself.

It looked to me like in order to play the arbitrage game, one would need to trust a lot of money to a lot of exchanges, and also to have a lot of money in various pipe-lines (where everyone takes their cut.)  So I decided against it back in the Tradehill days and have lost what little interest I had in the times since.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:13:48 PM

The most effective way to arbitrage is to have large buckets of money in each exchange, and don't often deposit or withdraw. But that opens you up to all kinds of risk.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
datafish
Donator

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Swimming in a sea of data

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:17:22 PM

The most effective way to arbitrage is to have large buckets of money in each exchange, and don't often deposit or withdraw. But that opens you up to all kinds of risk.

This, and place simultaneous buy and sell orders on the two exchanges.

epetroel

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:30:48 PM

This, and place simultaneous buy and sell orders on the two exchanges.

The biggest problem here is how hard it is to move currency between exchanges.  BitInstant makes it easy, but the fees are high enough that they often eat any profit you might get at arbitrage.  The best thing going now is Dwolla, but with MtGox taking 7 days to process Dwolla withdrawals, it makes it pretty hard to react.
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 05:38:40 PM

I opened a CampBX account and deposited via Dwolla.  Dwolla shows cleared but CampBX shows no balance, no pending tx, no "nothing".

Intersango has had some delays also, but smaller transfers (<$1k) still go through within a couple of days. From the CampBX FAQ:

Quote from: CampBX FAQ
Dwolla is low-cost provider tightly integrated with CampBX. Your Dwolla tranfers appear in your CampBX account within 4 hours, and cost 25 cents per transfer.
However, please note that the first transfer may take up to 30 days due to rule changes by Dwolla.

The 4 hour estimate is unreliable at best. I'm assuming the 30 day delay is exclusively on the Dwolla side, not CampBX waiting 30 days from receiving a transfer request. Your best option may be to open a support ticket to inquire.
Rygon

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 01:32:06 PM

Using Dwolla has been frustrating at best. I've sent money twice through Dwolla to Intersango and each time has taken over a week before it cleared, and I've had to send additional verification information. I just wish they were more clear up front with what they require and how long it will take. I'm currently waiting on a third transfer through Dwolla, and a day later they were asking for more verification. Why couldn't they have just done that from the start??

I understand that there will always be special situations where additional verification is needed. But every single time when I'm doing a pretty standard transfer???

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2012, 01:35:56 PM

Well I got the funds deposited but I would like to advertise a hidden limitation of CampBX.

Don't deposit thinking you can use them for an arb opportunity.  Your withdraw limit is $0 and 0 BTC on new accounts.  I have been advised that might be lifted in 2-3 days.   While they are free to set any policy they like I would appreciate a warning BEFORE moving funds there which then ended up getting trapped.

I missed most of the low priced BTC asks and now have BTC trapped on the site while I could be getting at least somewhat higher rates on another exchange.

Frustrating to say the least.  With policies like this I don't think CampBX is going to put a dent in MtGox marketshare.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Wow. Makes me glad that I managed to remember my CampBX password after all this time...

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 01:19:58 AM

Well I got the funds deposited but I would like to advertise a hidden limitation of CampBX.

Don't deposit thinking you can use them for an arb opportunity.  Your withdraw limit is $0 and 0 BTC on new accounts.  I have been advised that might be lifted in 2-3 days.   While they are free to set any policy they like I would appreciate a warning BEFORE moving funds there which then ended up getting trapped.

I missed most of the low priced BTC asks and now have BTC trapped on the site while I could be getting at least somewhat higher rates on another exchange.

Frustrating to say the least.  With policies like this I don't think CampBX is going to put a dent in MtGox marketshare.

This doesn't make much sense... Why would they delay withdrawals instead of deposits? Anyway, this should be added to their FAQ.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 12:49:04 PM

The fact such a large gulf exists between mtgox and campbx is evidence of how shitty dwolla is for moving money.

I've been keeping large chunks in each, but I did all my buying at campbx almost a week ago. I refuse to use dwolla even for a sweet arbitrage opportunity.

Why isn't campbx hooked up with bitinstant?

I'm grumpy!!
Troll Toll

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 02:28:15 PM

I only use campbx. Love the service, have never had any issues.

You gotta pay
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 11:57:57 PM

I only use campbx. Love the service, have never had any issues.

They're alright, but they need better deposit methods than dwolla and money orders. But they're part of the statist faction of exchanges, so it probably won't happen.

I'm grumpy!!
TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:50:10 AM

I agree. Liberty Reserve deposit/withdrawl would be nice.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:38:05 PM

Deposits are still an issue...

Not a new account and only had 2/3 of my deposit credited yesterday and none of my second deposit from last evening.  No responses to my tickets either.

So be aware if you are hoping for immediate availability from a DWOLLA deposit.

Conversely, last week after depositing via Chase to bitfloor I was trading in 20 minutes.  Grin

epetroel

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 04:08:10 PM

Deposits are still an issue...

Not a new account and only had 2/3 of my deposit credited yesterday and none of my second deposit from last evening.  No responses to my tickets either.

So be aware if you are hoping for immediate availability from a DWOLLA deposit.

Conversely, last week after depositing via Chase to bitfloor I was trading in 20 minutes.  Grin

Interesting, I've been depositing there almost daily and have had zero problems - they all seem to be credited within a few hours (a day tops)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: