Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:03:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Enjoy smoking without butane, try Ital hemp wick  (Read 4281 times)
Awalt541 (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 256

Redot.com - Trade Like a Pro, Earn 70% of Referral

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:31:37 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2012, 10:09:37 PM by Awalt541

Are you tired of constantly having to replace your lighters? Does it feel like just yesterday your lighter ran out of fluid, and you had to search for something else to light your favorite smoking blend with? And now you find yourself looking for a place on the Internet to buy lighters?
The search is over with hemp wick, it is organic hemp covered in organic bees wax for the inner hippy in all of us.
I use it to light cigars if I do not have a matchbook on hand, has a great hemp scent and leaves no unwanted flavors on anything you smoke. I was not sold on it until I tried smoking with and without it and you can definitely taste a dramatic difference when you do not use butane to light it.
Shipping to lower 48 included.
Prices
mtgox.com
5'   2.75$
15' 5.25$
30' 9.20$
50' 14.30$

Got rid of MtGox checkout. Too clunky and confusing to use in its current state.
Please send payment: 15LxaXn7oykU3Phroqmiiv2s5fkpLszX1q

Anything longer please PM me and we can work it out.

Andrew

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lolwut
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 06:35:40 PM

Just wanted to come in and give you a free bump. Hemp wick is the way to go if you're a smoker.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:11:31 PM

Since you are using mtgox and pricing things in USD, you should try out their BBCode button creator and let us know how well it works.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Awalt541 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:37:48 PM

Since you are using mtgox and pricing things in USD, you should try out their BBCode button creator and let us know how well it works.

I had no idea such a thing existed. I guess we shall see how it goes, easy to set up that's for sure except when you hit new button you have to deselect USD and reselect it or it will do it in bitcoins.

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:47:36 PM

My smoking days are long past, so it's unlikely I'll be your customer Tongue  However I'd be interested to see a pic. And how do you light the wick? Maybe a video?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 07:57:37 PM

My smoking days are long past, so it's unlikely I'll be your customer Tongue  However I'd be interested to see a pic. And how do you light the wick? Maybe a video?

its just a hemp rope thats covered in light wax.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 08:00:42 PM

So you still need a lighter or match to light the wick? From the OP it sounded like those won't be needed no more.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Awalt541 (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 08:05:48 PM

You just light the end of the hemp with a normal lighter and then just use the lit wick to light from there. So yes you still need a lighter initially but it keeps you from having to relight and get nasty harsh butane in your lungs. Sorry that is unclear, pulled that right from the Ital website   Lips sealed

Andrew

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
Newar
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 07:07:24 AM

Ha, thanks. It probably also has to do with the fact that I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to cigar smoking ^^

Awalt541 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:02:19 PM

When it comes to cigars, I use hemp wick if I have it on me or a piece of cedar works well(if you use matches let the sulfur burn off first). The taste of the cigar changes slightly based on what you use.

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:10:56 PM

Is wax soaked hemp better than butane? I thought butane produces only water and C02 after burning? Whatever, I still think it is kinda cool.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Awalt541 (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:17:05 PM

If you put a normal Bic lighter to the bottom of a glass cup it will leave a bunch of black soot that is unburned gases, if you do the same with hemp wick it is far less. Butane also burns at 3500 degrees which is much hotter than a match or the hemp wick, this causes you to torch a cigar or a pipe making the hits hot and harsh. It is not necessary but it does make it more enjoyable and healthy.

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
Awalt541 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:03:13 PM

bump

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 04:45:11 PM

If you put a normal Bic lighter to the bottom of a glass cup it will leave a bunch of black soot that is unburned gases, if you do the same with hemp wick it is far less. Butane also burns at 3500 degrees which is much hotter than a match or the hemp wick, this causes you to torch a cigar or a pipe making the hits hot and harsh. It is not necessary but it does make it more enjoyable and healthy.

hes absolutely right. I use my roll of hemp wick daily, and you can absolutely notice the difference in taste and smoothness of the smoke.
ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 05:17:34 PM

Butane is C4H10. When burned in oxygen, the ONLY products are carbon dioxide and water.

The black soot left from burning, is either the by product of another gas in the air burning, or impurities of the butane that Bic puts in their lighters. In both situations, it's unfair to blame poor burning, and possibly flavor changes on the fuel source. Rather, it seems you all just need to try a different brand of lighter.
Awalt541 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 06:03:36 PM

Butane is C4H10. When burned in oxygen, the ONLY products are carbon dioxide and water.

The black soot left from burning, is either the by product of another gas in the air burning, or impurities of the butane that Bic puts in their lighters. In both situations, it's unfair to blame poor burning, and possibly flavor changes on the fuel source. Rather, it seems you all just need to try a different brand of lighter.

This still doesn't address the 3500 degrees that butane burns at, which is what causes harshness not the byproduct of burning impure butane. How is it unfair to blame a fuel source? I would urge you to try smoking a pipe of tobacco or other herbs with a butane lighter and then switch to a match/candle/hemp wick and you notice a difference in the taste, the control in the flame while lighting, and how much longer a pipe lasts due to not "torching" the herbs. The only thing I light with a butane lighter are cigarettes now because you cant make those things taste any better.
If you have half a bitcoin why not order the 5' and see if you notice a difference  Grin

Andrew

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.• Lowest Trading Fees.
.• Commission Rebates..
.• 70% for Referrals.
.• Top Technology..
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.$3,000,000 BOUNTY.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 10:11:22 PM

jesus christ dude, clearly you've never smoked from a pipe or lit a good cigar with a shitty lighter before. go troll somewhere else. what he's selling is a widely-used product in the world of smokers. every smoke shop in the world carries this stuff.
lolwut
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 03:09:38 AM

for all of you newbs, this is a picture of a (my) hemp wick. It may not be the same kind or size that Awalt541 is selling, but you get the idea.

Awalt541 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 04:54:33 AM

Thats about right  Grin

.Redot.com.████
██
██
██
██