Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:03:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MedicCoin (MDC)| Scrypt Algo|POW/POS 50% Annual Stake |33 Mill POW Coins  (Read 9874 times)
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:42:38 PM

i am goingto install wallet,i hope to instal messenger,and will share with my thoughts,i puted mdc inmy mind for ideas growing

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pab
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:02:16 AM

Wallet installed,mdc coins in my wallet,messenger installed,mdc is growingin my mind,email sent
weather is nightmare here
P

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Jk423

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:14:04 PM

Cryptex closed, is there plans for joining a new exchange? A good chunk of Medicoin was mined and it was starting to go at 12 satoshis and people were investing Bitcoin into it.

I've been mining and trading medicon the last week and felt it could go somewhere.
MannyCrypto (OP)

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:56:52 AM

Cryptex closed, is there plans for joining a new exchange? A good chunk of Medicoin was mined and it was starting to go at 12 satoshis and people were investing Bitcoin into it.

I've been mining and trading medicon the last week and felt it could go somewhere.

Good job!!! Yes this coin will go somewhere. As far as an exchange I will see what I can do. Other options are to pay Richie @ Bittrex to list it or buy votes somewhere. However I have zero money to put into this due to the fact that at launch I made sure we had a pool to mine it and an exchange to trade it plus other things behind the scenes. So basically I will attempt to call on some favors for an exchange otherwise get ready to reach deep in all your pockets because I am not here to pay for others to make money. I am basically just a volunteer developer and doing my best as possible in that capacity. The numbers you mentioned do not impress me as I know this coins potential.

MDC Team Lead
chetatkins

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 09:18:14 PM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange seems to have picked up a lot of the old cryptex coins. Not sure if this is just coincidence.
Jk423

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:49:12 PM

For whatever reason, this coin made me join the forum.
MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:35:56 AM

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange seems to have picked up a lot of the old cryptex coins. Not sure if this is just coincidence.

It will be up on Cryptopia Exchange this weekend.

Cryptopia Staff

we were going to add it last night after we added BGR, but we hit capacity on the pool server and wont be able to add any more coins until the maintenance period this weekend when we can assign the pool server some more RAM.

This takes a load off my mind. They have mining pools for the coins also similar to what Coinex used to have only far superior in many ways including ticket response times.

This weekend!!!

MDCTeam
MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:57:29 AM

https://i.imgur.com/FocTbMJ.png

************Any questions regarding MedicCoin (MDC) please contact norcalanon707[at]gmail[dot]com for information. Thanks!!************

Important Announcements:

UPDATE (10/FEB/15): Medicoin has been renamed to MedicCoin. Please download the new file below! Thanks!!

The MediCoin Team was presented with a tiny conflict that might or might not had fallen into a slightly grey area in regards to a possible TradeMark issue that might or might not been deemed to be anything. However a decision was made as a team to not comply with the request, but since we are people of integrity must always strive to do the right thing in everything we do.

MediCoin (MDC) has been renamed MedicCoin (MDC) that is Medic-Coin only spelled one word MedicCoin (MDC) Please make sure to remove your current > soon to be old MediCoin wallet.dat file and download the new MedicCoin (MDC) Windows WalletQT file located below. It will have the new MedicCoin (MDC) image above in the wallet and on the splash page. Make sure to open up your new MedicCoin (MDC) Windows WalletQT with your saved wallet.dat file from the MediCoin Wallet that you had prior to this new MedicCoin (MDC) Wallet you are setting up to open and synch.

Technically this would not fall under the term Soft Fork as its purely a name change through adding a {c} to Medi > Medic = MedicCoin, add a new image to the wallet & update the Source Code on GitHub, Website, Twitter, MedicCoin-MDCTeam Community Board, BitCoinTalk Forum, etc.

The issue was brought to our attention 7 days ago and is now complete. Please feel free to PM here in regards to a more detailed explanation regarding the issue that led to the immediate name change to MedicCoin however it will not be much more info than is included here above. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

MDCTeam

************New MDCTeam Leader/Co-Developer Post Launch*************

https://i.imgur.com/B5PsQkC.png
Kevin Devies MDCTeam Lead

Kevin Davies, United Kingdom Resident & Engineer by Trade will be running MedicCoin (MDC) starting immediately. Kevin is a long time BitCoin enthusiast, Miner and BitCoin Consultant, however he also has some background along with many connections to the MediCal Establishment and is well respected in all. Kevin is also working on a very impressive BitCoin Cloaking type System in order to perform completely anonymous transactions via TOR peer to peer. He will explain it best himself but must say that The MDCTeam is grateful to have a professional like Kevin Davies in the Lead Position. The post launch white paper's new due date is to be announced in the near future.

MedicCoin (MDC) CryptoCurrency

This CryptoCurrency has been developed in mind of the great Medical Establishment that we have Globally. Its ability to share open source data with all involved regardless if the there is a crisis or just unusually high volume numbers of the common flu. The ability of these medical professionals to communicate peer-peer in real time has been and will continue to be the way that we as a society will conquer, control, alleviate and eradicate the growing number of disease threats that we face today or in the future.

It is our hope as part of the MedicCoin Team that we all work hard together in order to get these coins in the hands of those people that have proven to be part of the solution through their deeds, and also those that want to be part of the solution in these growing times of medical certainty and uncertainty. We truly hope that MedicCoin will be at the forefront of Medical Advancements of this era or the next. MedicCoin is a POW/POS Hybrid with a 50% Annual Stake, Scrypt Algorithm with fast 30 second block times with the difficulty retargeting every block and an initial POW coin cap at 33 Million MedicCoin (MDC)

Join the MedicCoin Team and Community. Lets all be part of the solution and help make this coin so successful that the Medical Establishment becomes aware of it everywhere in the hopes that this coin can hold the potential to save lives everywhere.

SPECS:

Papers
To be Announced

Website
MedicCoin- http://medicoin.x10.mx

Block Explorer / Crawler
http://minemanic.com/mdc/

Contact
Kevin Davies- betterwebsystems@gmail.com

SPECIFICATIONS
Algorithm: Scrypt [POW/POS]
Total initial supply: 33 Million
Block time: 60 seconds
10 Coins per block
Block Maturity: 50 blocks
Premine=Less than 200 Blocks in order to pay for costs including the Exchange implementation.  

POS INFORMATION
Network-Stake- 50% year
Min Coin Age: 1 day (24h)

STATS / RANKINGS
Soon to be up there!

DOWNLOADS

Windows
http://medicoin.x10.mx/  

MacOS
Never

Linux
(If your familiar with Linux please compile your own)

Source Code
https://github.com/mediccoincrypto/MDC-V2  

Sample
mediccoin.conf

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=21231
gen=0
server=1
PORTS
rpcport:  21231
port:  11231

POOLS
MedicCoin Team is Not Responsible for failure of any pools

https://i.imgur.com/gZFhhqB.png
http://scrypt.ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=mdc

Other Mining Pools [/b

https://i.imgur.com/HHfuScv.png
http://aikapool.com/mdc

EXCHANGES

https://i.imgur.com/qZPhWYd.png        
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

SOCIAL

Twitter
https://twitter.com/MDCTeam

=============================================================================================

Disclaimer:

MedicCoin (MDC) is strictly for Experimental, Scientific, Entertainment and long term educational Research purposes. It is not as of yet considered to be legal tender and we do not claim it to be. We request that you seek out the laws in your jurisdiction relative to Cryptocurrencies in general along with other services that are relative to them.

This Terms of Use and Disclaimer completely waves all parties involved in Development, the Official MedicCoin (MDC) Website, its content or images or anything else relative to liability or legal action brought on by any individual or groups of individuals. MedicCoin([MDC) is licensed by the MIT License and open Source Initiative, Fair Use Act and Creative Commons Licensing.

So far so good here. Have not been able to find a Merchant to really start using this. Will think of one. We should try to get this on Bittrex at some point. It would take a Mad Twitter Campaign and then some. Keep this moving forward, its a great coin build wise that says a lot. If anyone is not able to contact Kevin Davies in the UK and if something is needed send a message to norcalanon707[at]gmail[dot]com and someone will get back to you guys ASAP.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:26:16 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 09:26:37 AM by drays

Folks, I am a bit confused  Undecided. Something is wrong with this coin, but I'm not sure what exactly. Could someone please help me understand few strange points on this coin..?

Here is what makes me wonder if everything is ok with the coin:
1. The OP says: Scrypt [POW/POS], PoS rate: 50% per annum. Indeed I can see some staking-related code in the Github source.
However the binary wallet I have downloaded from the http://medicoin.x10.mx (the only official place for wallet) does not have any staking capabilities!!! There is no staking icon in the bottom-right corner, and no any mention of staking in the menus. So how one is supposed to stake this coin?

2. The OP says: PoW: 10 coins per block. Nothing is written about halving!! Only after looking into the source code I found the block reward is already halved twice, so it is now 2.5 coins per block, not 10 coins! This has to be mentioned in the OP!! Please correct that!

3. The difficulty shown in the wallet (getmininginfo), and on the block explorer at Cryptopia is about 15.5-16. However all blocks found currently have difficulty around 0.001 !!! How this could be? None of them have difficulty 15, while it is constantly shown by the wallet. Please someone explain this!

4. Also none of the known pools have any hash. However the hashrate of the coin is constantly about 520-540 Mhs... That's huge number for a solo miner, and is unexplainable taking into account there is no competition at any pool! Is it indeed someone mining solo, or is is a bug in difficulty/hashrate calculations?

Thanks to everyone who could shed some light on those confusing points, especially points 1 and 3.

... this space is not for rent ...
drays
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:30:25 AM

Does this coin have a community? Undecided

Or nobody cares..? Questions I asked are essential to understand what is happening to this coin, whether the blockchain is ok, whether the correct wallet is published, whether OP indeed correspond to real specifications... This is not just idle curiosity, or something I ask for my personal education.

MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:35:03 PM

Folks, I am a bit confused  Undecided. Something is wrong with this coin, but I'm not sure what exactly. Could someone please help me understand few strange points on this coin..?

Here is what makes me wonder if everything is ok with the coin:
1. The OP says: Scrypt [POW/POS], PoS rate: 50% per annum. Indeed I can see some staking-related code in the Github source.
However the binary wallet I have downloaded from the http://medicoin.x10.mx (the only official place for wallet) does not have any staking capabilities!!! There is no staking icon in the bottom-right corner, and no any mention of staking in the menus. So how one is supposed to stake this coin?

2. The OP says: PoW: 10 coins per block. Nothing is written about halving!! Only after looking into the source code I found the block reward is already halved twice, so it is now 2.5 coins per block, not 10 coins! This has to be mentioned in the OP!! Please correct that!

3. The difficulty shown in the wallet (getmininginfo), and on the block explorer at Cryptopia is about 15.5-16. However all blocks found currently have difficulty around 0.001 !!! How this could be? None of them have difficulty 15, while it is constantly shown by the wallet. Please someone explain this!

4. Also none of the known pools have any hash. However the hashrate of the coin is constantly about 520-540 Mhs... That's huge number for a solo miner, and is unexplainable taking into account there is no competition at any pool! Is it indeed someone mining solo, or is is a bug in difficulty/hashrate calculations?

Thanks to everyone who could shed some light on those confusing points, especially points 1 and 3.

My apologies for not getting right back. I thought I was hoping to be sent an email from the address I left in the OP norcalanon707[at]gmail[dot]com I have been slammed working on this rebranding that had been decided just a bit to fast without more discussion and feedback.

Please feel free to contact me by email or send me a Private Message and I will give you my Skype contact or number if you or anyone needs to contact me fast.

Ok,

1. A staking icon is not needed in a sense. If I had my way we would have Coin Control and an Android Wallet which is a discussion for a later date.

3. I think that 3 needs to be looked into so We will have to get back on that. I can say this is an awesome staking coin that stakes decent  every day without failure and my version works perfect.

Please feel free to get a hold of me over this as this might take me a day to figure out. If you like we can let you test the new wallet early as we have planned to distribute them on 4/20/2015.
MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:20:53 AM

Does this coin have a community? Undecided

Or nobody cares..? Questions I asked are essential to understand what is happening to this coin, whether the blockchain is ok, whether the correct wallet is published, whether OP indeed correspond to real specifications... This is not just idle curiosity, or something I ask for my personal education.

Ok, this is what we came up with. I hope it helps somewhat.

1. When your coin is staking it will list
the amount staking in the stake amount under the balance on the main screen. there is no purpose to also have an icon

2. yes halves each 50k so now the blocks are down to 2.5 coins per block

3. blocks with difficulty around 0.001 are obviously POS blocks

The coding is sound and this coin has always been a super staker and very durable running blockchain.

Contact me in a PM and I will give you my Skype or phone number if you would like to talk about this or anything that moves this coin forward or anything off topic that maybe I could help you with. This offer is always available to anyone. I have been here since the beginning.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:26:22 PM

Thanks a lot for getting back, and for readiness to help!  Smiley

Nice to see the coin is alive and is doing well with you backing that. Since my last post, the situation have changed a bit, the PoW diff lowered to about 5-6, and I can actually see in block explorer few blocks with such difficulty, though they are very rare. Looks like the most blocks found are PoS blocks, and PoW blocks are an extreme rarity. What still confuses me, is the list of PoW blocks shown here: http://scrypt.ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=mdc. Here is the excerpt from that list at the moment:

Block   Time   Confirmations   Difficulty   Shares   Finder   Amount
113,181   18/04/2015 20:17:22   Confirmed   0.00181484   38,786   norcalnewbie707   1.265479
113,174   18/04/2015 20:09:18   Confirmed   0.00144284   856,659   norcalnewbie707   0.651506
113,080   18/04/2015 16:59:42   Confirmed   0.00139108   410,105   norcalnewbie707   1.260958
113,043   18/04/2015 15:53:42   Confirmed   5.61121483   30,553   takidd4597   2.5
113,042   18/04/2015 15:52:39   Confirmed   6.04261355   330,792   KoloKolo   2.5
113,038   18/04/2015 15:48:16   Confirmed   5.86322237   381,673   Qubert   2.5

According to this info, some of the PoW blocks found on the iSpace.co.uk pool, have PoS diffuculty (0.00181484), and smaller amount (1.265479) Huh. But probably that is just a permanent glitch in iSpace.co.uk data display..?

Regarding the staking - thanks for info, it was really confusing, as I got used to the staking icon displayed in every other coin's wallet. MedicCoin looks to be the only staking coin without staking icon in wallet... As to me, this icon is very useful btw, I often look there to see the network weight, and to estimate how much time I need to keep wallet open to stake a block (I don't keep wallets open 24/7 on my PC).

The community is quiet, but there are folks mining this coin on iSpace from time to time, and the PoW hashrate is still around 200Mhs, which is great for the coin, but is not so great when I think of mining it a little bit Smiley. As PoW blocks are rare and hashrate is high, there is almost no way to get the coin other than buying on Cryptopia exchange, there the MDC market is surprisingly active regardless of the lack of activity here on the forum. Actually this also is strange to me - pretty active coin with almost no activity on BCT forum... Is there any other place folks use to communicate on this coin?

akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:40:53 PM

Hi Everyone!

I downloaded the windows wallet, however I don't have any active connections to the network. Can anyone help?

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Pab
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 02:59:06 PM

Hi Everyone!

I downloaded the windows wallet, however I don't have any active connections to the network. Can anyone help?
Add coinconf from Opp
but better to wait untill tomorrow for new wallet release

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:39:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

Here is the getpeerinfo with the active nodes;

16:36:01

getpeerinfo

[
{
"addr" : "209.188.18.188:21231",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1429486529,
"lastrecv" : 1429486523,
"conntime" : 1429435321,
"version" : 70001,
"subver" : "/MedicCoin:2.0.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 113599,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "108.61.10.90:21231",
"lastsend" : 1429486522,
"conntime" : 1429435344,
},
{
"addr" : "78.46.22.103:21231",
"conntime" : 1429457559,
"subver" : "/MediCoin:1.0.0/",
"startingheight" : 113781,
}
]
MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 11:49:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

Add coinconf from Opp
but better to wait untill tomorrow for new wallet release

Pav,

Its great to see you back!!!!!

BTW- MDC Community: The new rebranded Windows Wallet is in the OP along with the Github link for the updated source code!!!!!  :-)
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:19:04 AM

So I downloaded the new wallet, installed - works fine, but no connections to network.
I added the mediccoin.conf which is listed in the OP:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
gen=0
server=1
PORTS

* I changed the password

Now I get an error message when loading. Please help. New to this.
Also, password/passphrase is not working.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:30:35 AM

So I downloaded the new wallet, installed - works fine, but no connections to network.
I added the mediccoin.conf which is listed in the OP:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
gen=0
server=1
PORTS

* I changed the password

Now I get an error message when loading. Please help. New to this.
Also, password/passphrase is not working.

Senor Member hardly looks new..;-)

I am not even using the .conf file. I added the addnodes from the getpeerinfo directly in to the console and it synched. Help > Debug > Console

If it was me I would remove the .conf and see if that is causing the error message and enter the addnodes from the getpeerinfo into the console and see if it synchs.

If that did not work I would remove my wallet.dat file and throw everything else away and re-download.

getpeerinfo

[
{
"addr" : "209.188.18.188:21231",
"conntime" : 1429435321,
},
{
"addr" : "108.61.10.90:21231",
"lastsend" : 1429486522,
"conntime" : 1429435344,
},
{
"addr" : "78.46.22.103:21231",
"conntime" : 1429457559,
"subver" : "/MediCoin:1.0.0/",
"startingheight" : 113781,
}
]

MannyCrypto (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:54:11 PM

Thanks a lot for getting back, and for readiness to help!  Smiley

Nice to see the coin is alive and is doing well with you backing that. Since my last post, the situation have changed a bit, the PoW diff lowered to about 5-6, and I can actually see in block explorer few blocks with such difficulty, though they are very rare. Looks like the most blocks found are PoS blocks, and PoW blocks are an extreme rarity. What still confuses me, is the list of PoW blocks shown here: http://scrypt.ispace.co.uk/coindetails/?coin=mdc. Here is the excerpt from that list at the moment:

Block   Time   Confirmations   Difficulty   Shares   Finder   Amount
113,181   18/04/2015 20:17:22   Confirmed   0.00181484   38,786   norcalnewbie707   1.265479
113,174   18/04/2015 20:09:18   Confirmed   0.00144284   856,659   norcalnewbie707   0.651506
113,080   18/04/2015 16:59:42   Confirmed   0.00139108   410,105   norcalnewbie707   1.260958
113,043   18/04/2015 15:53:42   Confirmed   5.61121483   30,553   takidd4597   2.5
113,042   18/04/2015 15:52:39   Confirmed   6.04261355   330,792   KoloKolo   2.5
113,038   18/04/2015 15:48:16   Confirmed   5.86322237   381,673   Qubert   2.5

According to this info, some of the PoW blocks found on the iSpace.co.uk pool, have PoS diffuculty (0.00181484), and smaller amount (1.265479) Huh. But probably that is just a permanent glitch in iSpace.co.uk data display..?

Regarding the staking - thanks for info, it was really confusing, as I got used to the staking icon displayed in every other coin's wallet. MedicCoin looks to be the only staking coin without staking icon in wallet... As to me, this icon is very useful btw, I often look there to see the network weight, and to estimate how much time I need to keep wallet open to stake a block (I don't keep wallets open 24/7 on my PC).

The community is quiet, but there are folks mining this coin on iSpace from time to time, and the PoW hashrate is still around 200Mhs, which is great for the coin, but is not so great when I think of mining it a little bit Smiley. As PoW blocks are rare and hashrate is high, there is almost no way to get the coin other than buying on Cryptopia exchange, there the MDC market is surprisingly active regardless of the lack of activity here on the forum. Actually this also is strange to me - pretty active coin with almost no activity on BCT forum... Is there any other place folks use to communicate on this coin?

I doubt that it is a glitch at iSpace Pools, Martin is way too on top of things like that.

I don't think there is a problem here. This coin has been an excellent staking coin and decent to mine. Lets see if someone in the community can explain it better than I (Which should not be very hard ;-) and source their conclusions it will be addressed one way or another.

I am going to continue to look into this also.

As far as other places to communicate on this coin this is the only one I know of.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: