Poll
Question: What should I do with NXT?
sell that shitcoin! - 76 (45%)
hold, you never know - 14 (8.3%)
buy more, it's a bargain! - 79 (46.7%)
Total Voters: 169

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF is happening with NXT? Fucking Nothing!!!  (Read 8946 times)
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:53:36 PM

Good one, Daedelus!  Grin

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:56:32 PM

NXT is like the 34 year old "genius" who lives with his aged parents.  NXT always claiming to be doing something life changing but nothing ever changes.  Time to boot out the NXT loser.

Hahaha, after revealing that you are a sockpuppet account of UtopianFuture I started enjoying your posts. Knowledge of real motives behind them makes these posts look entertaining. You can't find anything against me so you have to use tricks like above.  Cheesy

can you show me where this was "revealed"?

There were some speech analysis which CFB offered some bounty for it. I think that is the one.

i wouldnt agree that that is enough evidence to claim that taunsew is utopian. its certainly not enough evidence to insinuate that utopian is using that account to troll. by doing so your(cfb) using half backed "evidence" to make utopian and (more so) nem look bad. seems to me you are using similar or the same tactics that PoW people use to discredit nxt of its technological achievements.

No disrespect towards you, but i have not seen CFB commenting on NEM except maybe he asked for POI whitepaper, unless i missed something that you can point out. and by the way, who started this? CFB? What kind of immature comment... I leave you to your justification.

NXT is like the 34 year old "genius" who lives with his aged parents.  NXT always claiming to be doing something life changing but nothing ever changes.  Time to boot out the NXT loser.

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:57:41 PM

I believe this is the main reason NxT is often called a scam/unfair. You could look to Bitshare's distribution model for a fair distribution, the distribution was done over the period of several months, with half PoW distribution, half donation based. Also it now has an inflation schedule toward a final cap.

You got nearly 7 billion unique initial stakeholders? Impressive.

If no one is calling Bitshares distribution unfair, it is because: you haven't had enough success, haven't been around long enough to have multiple waves or users or there isn't much interest. Or some combination. You are still in a honeymoon period.
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:02:41 PM

I see zero proof of a scam in that article.

But Jeff Garzik's points about NXT are reasonable.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:06:58 PM

Garzik on twitter said he compiled the hashes and said it doesn't match.  I think the rest was allegations.  

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:08:57 PM

Hahaha, after revealing that you are a sockpuppet account of UtopianFuture I started enjoying your posts. Knowledge of real motives behind them makes these posts look entertaining. You can't find anything against me so you have to use tricks like above.  Cheesy

can you show me where this was "revealed"?

There were some speech analysis which CFB offered some bounty for it. I think that is the one.

i wouldnt agree that that is enough evidence to claim that taunsew is utopian. its certainly not enough evidence to insinuate that utopian is using that account to troll. by doing so your(cfb) using half backed "evidence" to make utopian and (more so) nem look bad. seems to me you are using similar or the same tactics that PoW people use to discredit nxt of its technological achievements.

No disrespect towards you, but i have not seen CFB commenting on NEM except maybe he asked for POI whitepaper, unless i missed something that you can point out. and by the way, who started this? CFB? What kind of immature comment... I leave you to your justification.

That 34 year old comment wasn't pertained to any particular person.  It was a personification allegory about the coin and its' capitalization.  What if NXT coin was a human?  34 year old genius always claiming to be doing something life changing but nothing ever changes.  Time to boot out the NXT loser.

More a comment on NXT's capitalization which hasn't gone anywhere in months, and yet NXT still does the drive by promotion here on Bitcointalk about new developments and such but the capitalization doesn't move.

I wasn't born yesterday.  Wink

DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

Garzik on twitter said he compiled the hashes and said it doesn't match.  I think the rest was allegations.  

Let me quote something from the article incase you are a "topic reader"

“The reason for non-reproducible builds is that the jar packaging tool includes time dependent information in the jar archive, which depends not only on the timestamps of the class files being packaged but the time the package is built too. Different javac compilers and on different platforms may also result in different class files.”

This claim was also made by many other members of the NXT community, but it may not be completely accurate. Garzik was quick to point to a tutorial on how to create a deterministic JAR. The tutorial also pointed out that different builds of the JAR need to be made with the same compiler, so that aspect of Jean-Luc’s claim seemed to be accurate. It was at this point that it became clear that Garzik’s concerns were more about the centralization of the development process than anything else. This point of view was evident in one of Jeff’s earlier posts:

What say you now?

Daedelus

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:12:36 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 03:33:08 PM by Daedelus

Anyone who believes UtopianFuture left crypto, or these forums, after being caught and admitting to have multiple sock puppets is a fool.

no of course he is still here.. anyone who tries to say that he spends his days trolling other coins with out presenting solid evidence first is also a fool. text analysis is not solid proof by any means..

UP started trolling Nxt in January when he became upset about the distribution, this is the main narrative Taunsew tried to create for months using the same date. He tried to paint it as a 'surprise to the community' and a cause for the decline in price. Funny he mentions Come-from-Above as I believe that is also Taunsew's sock puppet. Come-from-Above only trolled NEM towards the end before quieting down again.

In a world of crypto and tor, you won't get solid evidence. Especially from someone who concealed their identities for so long (unless they make a stupid mistake of course  Cheesy). But juries aren't asked to say for certain if someone is guilty, they are asked to consider if a burden of proof has been met. Beyond reasonable doubt, balance of probabilities. My own experience of UP in Jan and Tuansew since gave me the feeling they were linked. CfB's claim, his care and diligence in other cases (Bluemeanie), his conduct in crypto relating to transparency and the importance he places on his own reputation. This is more than enough for me. You are free to disagree.
TaunSew

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:13:51 PM

I believe this is the main reason NxT is often called a scam/unfair. You could look to Bitshare's distribution model for a fair distribution, the distribution was done over the period of several months, with half PoW distribution, half donation based. Also it now has an inflation schedule toward a final cap.

If no one is calling Bitshares distribution unfair, it is because: you haven't had enough success, haven't been around long enough to have multiple waves or users or there isn't much interest. Or some combination. You are still in a honeymoon period.

Bitshares will soon enough hurt the investors just like PTS (Protoshares) did.

If you knew only little about this group is that they take the investors money to pay for the work is being done on the coin. This means, they have the same model as Ripple.

Well then you guys should brainstorm a distribution model which works better.   NXT case of handing over huge amounts to random people just leads to dumping.  Even NEMstake broad distribution saw decline like 60% from peak (not as much as NXT going from 90 to 18).

if we look at the list of coins then clearly the only winner in 2014 has arguably been Ripple, where most of the Ripple is held internally by a tiny small group who signed contracts stating they couldn't dump or sell.  In the real world a lot of initial stakeholders of things cannot even sell until a real IPO some 3-10 years down the line.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
DarkhorseofNxt

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:16:10 PM

If you knew only little about this group is that they take the investors money to pay for the work is being done on the coin. This means, they have the same model as Ripple.

Well then you guys should brainstorm a distribution model which works better.   NXT case of handing over huge amounts to random people just leads to dumping.  Even NEMstake broad distribution saw decline like 60% from peak (not as much as NXT going from 90 to 18).

if we look at the list of coins then clearly the only winner in 2014 has arguably been Ripple, where most of the Ripple is held internally by a tiny small group who signed contracts stating they couldn't dump or sell.  In the real world a lot of initial stakeholders of things cannot even sell until a real IPO some 3-10 years down the line.

That is where MS is coming out.

TaunSew

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:22:24 PM

Well then you guys should brainstorm a distribution model which works better.   NXT case of handing over huge amounts to random people just leads to dumping.  Even NEMstake broad distribution saw decline like 60% from peak (not as much as NXT going from 90 to 18).

if we look at the list of coins then clearly the only winner in 2014 has arguably been Ripple, where most of the Ripple is held internally by a tiny small group who signed contracts stating they couldn't dump or sell.  In the real world a lot of initial stakeholders of things cannot even sell until a real IPO some 3-10 years down the line.

Yes I've been familiar with MS for some days now, since Ora mentioned it.  There's other coins that are coming out with a similar mechanic or so they claimed.  This stuff is all buried all over the announcement section.

Daedelus

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:31:37 PM

Yes I've been familiar with MS for some days now, since Ora mentioned it.  There's other coins that are coming out with a similar mechanic or so they claimed.  This stuff is all buried all over the announcement section.

Don't pretend you don't have the Nxt threads bookmarked  Cheesy You are on here constantly and it took you a minute or so to reply to me in the Nxt Official thread when I raised AT was coming and you had fallen out of the loop. You never unsubscribed from any Nxt threads since you started.
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:48:15 PM

Nope, just tens of thousands more than NxT, and Bitshares is still currently being distributed by planned inflation, just like Bitcoin.

Bitshares marketcap is nearly 2X NxT, forum activity is roughly 2X too, so are you really calling NxT more successful?

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
TaunSew

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:54:09 PM

Nope, just tens of thousands more than NxT, and Bitshares is still currently being distributed by planned inflation, just like Bitcoin.

Bitshares marketcap is nearly 2X NxT, forum activity is roughly 2X too, so are you really calling NxT more successful?

Also 2X more mechanical problems.  I've been lurking in BitsharesX forum for ages now and I always see so many problems, it's why BitSharesX is dropping in capitalization more & more and I also think it doesn't really appeal as much as a conventional coin.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:54:53 PM

I already replied to your ridiculous claim that PTS investors lost money here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850913.msg9504277#msg9504277

Are you ready to make a response, or are you just going to ignore the truth and keep spreading lies?

"Taking donation money and pay for work being done on the coin", how is this a bad thing? I don't get it, isn't that precisely what's expected? Bitcoin Foundation pay the Bitcoin core dev a salary too, Gavin Andressen was paid $200k in 2013.

kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:55:57 PM

Also 2X more mechanical problems.  I've been lurking in BitsharesX forum for ages now and I always see so many problems, it's why BitSharesX is dropping in capitalization more & more and I also think it doesn't really appeal as much as a conventional coin.

Software has bugs, news at 11

So are you saying NxT has zero problems?

Daedelus

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:58:01 PM

Where did I saw Nxt was more successful?

If Bitshares is successful (2-10 years?) and the world is using it, 99.9% of the population of the world will look to you, a billionaire early adopter, and ask "Why wasn't there a fair distribution?" "Why were a few thousand people, the 0.1 %, allowed to get so wealthy?"

If you did managed to give to all 7 billion people on the planet, you would then have to overcome the pareto principle to stop the above scenario happening.

This is why 'fair distribution' debates are so tiresome. They are (d)illusionary on any sensible time scale.

P.S. Taunsew is a mainly Nxt troll. Like Come-from-Above, he trolls several coins in series but rarely declares an allegiance to any for very long. So you can't attack him on the grounds of the coins he that he backs. And that is a bad tactic anyway if you are serious.
Daedelus

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

Edit: Forget it actually, I'm not that interested.
kokojie
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:07:26 PM

Where did I saw Nxt was more successful?

If Bitshares is successful (2-10 years?) and the world is using it, 99.9% of the population of the world will look to you, a billionaire early adopter, and ask "Why wasn't there a fair distribution?" "Why were a few thousand people, the 0.1 %, allowed to get so wealthy?"

If you did managed to give to all 7 billion people on the planet, you would then have to overcome the pareto principle to stop the above scenario happening.

This is why 'fair distribution' debates are so tiresome. They are (d)illusionary on any sensible time scale.

I don't claim Bitshares to be of perfect fairness, but there's a difference between initial distribution of 76 people versus tens of thousands, plus Bitshares still have ongoing distribution for the next 30 years. I am saying the distribution of Bitshares is more fair than NxT. NxT distribution can nearly be called a scam. That's all.

TaunSew

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:15:35 PM

Bitcoin still has ongoing distribution until mining ends in what like 2050?  Yay free dust!   Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: