Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:37:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking to Rent a House Somewhere Around Hillsdale/Spring Arbor, Michigan, US  (Read 843 times)
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 12:24:37 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2012, 03:40:34 AM by Kluge

Must allow a grumpy old dog that just lays around in a corner of a room, have at least 3 bedrooms (or two bedrooms and one empty room able to function as an office). Being furnished already would be nice, but unnecessary (it must have washer/dryer/stove/fridge, however). Garbage pick-up must be included and the home must be ready to drop a cable or DSL connection in. Must not be in a population-dense area. I have absolutely no interest in room-mates or shared housing arrangements. I don't want a mansion, I don't want a cabin, I don't want a trailer -- I want a clean, habitable, small house. I've looked online and can't find any houses for rent outside of cities. If it's near an old-folks' home, that'd be great, too.

For a better idea of where we'd like to live - any of the following counties would be great: Eaton, Ingham, Jackson, Branch, Hillsdale, Jackson, Calhoun (houses outside these counties would be considered, but shouldn't be more than an hour or so away from Spring Arbor [no, I don't go to SAU if you were wondering])

We'll likely live there for 2-8 months (waiting for house in PA to sell). I don't have a hundred GPUs mining Bitcoins or anything like that. You'd have two adults (Wife & I) and one toddler (daughter) for tenants, all extremely quiet (well... the adults are, anyway). I'd prefer to pay in BTC, but USD fine. PM me. Cheers!

ETA: Offer closed. Looking to buy a house in NE IN, however.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 12:54:20 AM

Good luck, I'm always intrigued when people buy/rent housing with Bitcoins. May I ask though, why are you interested in Michigan? I spent a few years there, and hated every second. Cold, the people aren't friendly and don't tend to be very bright, and if you tried to explain Bitcoins, they would probably burn you for a witch.

If you are from Michigan, and how I described is not the case, do not be offended, but I'm sure you know the type I am talking about. Yeah you've seen them, don't deny it.
Kluge (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 01:27:30 AM

Good luck, I'm always intrigued when people buy/rent housing with Bitcoins. May I ask though, why are you interested in Michigan? I spent a few years there, and hated every second. Cold, the people aren't friendly and don't tend to be very bright, and if you tried to explain Bitcoins, they would probably burn you for a witch.

If you are from Michigan, and how I described is not the case, not be offended, but I'm sure you know the type I am talking about. Yeah you've seen them, don't deny it.
Heh, the reasons you dislike the state are many of the reasons I like it here. I did grow up in MI, and family's here. "Colorful" people who tend to keep to themselves. Christianity dominates (less Dearborn), and many even adhere to the principals taught (though there're certainly some pockets of intense racists in rural Southern areas, but I'm White, so don't really give a damn) -- I'm atheist, but I'll admit to generally preferring the company of a fatalist Christian over an Atheist who insists on morphing the world to his ideals. In school, we'd get free absences if it's hunting season. Lots of broken-down cars (funny given it's some "automotive capital"), but there are no state car inspections, which is nice. Taxes & regulations aren't too terrible. Milk's incredibly cheap relative to PA, and it's not usually very hot (I enjoy the cold, and want to move up to the snow belt of MI, next).

Only other states I've lived in for any significant amount of time have been NC and PA. NC was fine (I lived in the ghetto-ist of the ghettos), but I *HATED* PA. The gays in Erie seemed to have some type of agenda to be as flaming as humanly possible. We gave away some cookware once on CL, and the flamiest flamers of all Flamedom came up to our door without a shirt, all sorts of piercings and tattoos, high-pitched voices, and talking about how they "love a hot kitchen." Then there was another gay couple who were rich, but rode a bicycle-built-for-two around town (they were cool, though). Bought a recliner from a fellow on CL. He wanted us to come to inside his house to haul it, so we scoped him out a bit to find an incredibly gay Myspace profile where he just goes on and on about how great it is to suck cock (I'm not even exaggerating). I don't have a problem with gays, but flamers who define themselves by their sexuality annoy the Hell out of me. The neighbors always tried to talk to us, too (one couple would even peer in our fucking windows when we didn't answer the door!), and the town was segregated not just on skin color, but literally by nationality. Like... there was a Hungarian section of town, a Polish section, a Black section (not by nationality AFAIK), and a huge Italian section. Oh - and there were these scrap-metal-hauling lard-asses who'd roam around town like vultures and take away anything with any metal on it if you left it in the front yard -- if you put something metal on your front lawn, chances are it won't be there if you check again in a couple hours, even if it's pitch-black out. It was interesting, but I'd really prefer being left alone in a quiet area. I stay in FL a few weeks every year or so to stay with family, but it's just too damned hot - VA, too.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 01:34:58 AM

Entertaining thread and only three posts in Tongue

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: