Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:58:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Petersburg, FL first bitcoin ATM  (Read 3374 times)
btcoutfitter (OP)

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:18:34 PM

Last night we had a momentous occasion as the first bitcoin ATM was set up and used at a bar called Green Bench Brewery in St. Petersburg, Florida!! Bitpay had the company Bitstop come out for a demonstration in anticipation of the St. Petersburg Bitcoin Bowl game that wil be held on Dec. 26th. Here are a few pictures from the event:

Here is the bitcoin ATM rolling in and getting set up:

Here's my wife exchanging USD for bitcoin!!

Another picture of the face of the ATM:
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 07:34:51 PM

sweet!  Grin

We are still growing across the world.  Cool

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
btcoutfitter (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:41:45 PM

sweet!  Grin

We are still growing across the world.  Cool

It was a great experience and are continuing to help more and more merchants accept bitcoin and educate the community.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:56:09 PM

Cool.

You should put one in Orlando just so all the old white folks can be like "what in tar-nation is this contraption?!?!?!" - and they're trying to get cash out of it using their debit card lol.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
btcoutfitter (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:20:06 PM

Cool.

You should put one in Orlando just so all the old white folks can be like "what in tar-nation is this contraption?!?!?!" - and they're trying to get cash out of it using their debit card lol.

You're probably right...lol

Hopefully the Bitcoin Bowl will help educate a different crowd in the sports world for more exposure.
CoinATMRadar

Activity: 97
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:28:00 PM

Nice, is this a permanent or temporary installation only until the games?

Looking for BITCOIN ATM close to you? Check Bitcoin ATM Map from CoinATMRadar.
btcoutfitter (OP)

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:49:39 PM

Nice, is this a permanent or temporary installation only until the games?

It was temporary unfortunately, but Bitpay will be placing permanent ones around the area. I don't work for Bitpay, so I'm not sure of their exact plans, but you can read a little more here:
http://www.coindesk.com/bitpay-trucoin-bitcoin-atms-bitcoin-bowl/

This was more of a marketing play by Bitpay, but it was fully functional and worked great!
CoinATMRadar

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:55:07 PM

It was temporary unfortunately

If you find a permanent location for any of your Bitstop ATMs (you have two, right?), let me know and I add it to Bitcoin ATM Map.

TinaK

Activity: 1106
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:30:29 AM

can i steal this stuff home?
  Grin
btcoutfitter (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:44:47 PM

It was temporary unfortunately

If you find a permanent location for any of your Bitstop ATMs (you have two, right?), let me know and I add it to Bitcoin ATM Map.

Bitstop is actually not my company and I'm not sure how many they have. I do have a bitcoin clothing company if you're interested in some custom gear @ www.BTCoutfitter.com (shameless plug, I know  Cool )

I'll definitely let you know if I hear of any permanent locations.
Coin-Start

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:25:32 PM

One of our team members were there! It's exciting that soon Florida will begin being covered with BTMs!

We're located in Brooksville, FL and hopefully within a few months we will begin our deployment of BitAccess and Lamassu machines in Tampa/St. Pete as well as other major cities in Florida.

Here's a small preview of one of the machines.

https://i.imgur.com/MFKsxhh.jpg

- CoinStart

CoinATMRadar

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 09:59:49 PM

These are very cool looking! Bitprint.ca as always did a good job, did you develop design on your own?
Looking forward to your ATMs appear on our map =)

Do you have any particular launch dates planned?

btcoutfitter (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:13:30 PM

One of our team members were there! It's exciting that soon Florida will begin being covered with BTMs!

We're located in Brooksville, FL and hopefully within a few months we will begin our deployment of BitAccess and Lamassu machines in Tampa/St. Pete as well as other major cities in Florida.

- CoinStart

Looks great guys! Congrats!
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:17:21 PM

Are these ATM's providing instant buys and sells? Or do you need to go through an annoying verification process?
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:48:11 PM

I travel to the Tampa area several times a year. That entire west coast area would be really fertile ground for bitcoin. I paid for my first full bitcoin meal in Charlotte county this past summer.

btcoutfitter (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:35:23 PM

Quote from: 1Referee
Are these ATM's providing instant buys and sells? Or do you need to go through an annoying verification process?
The only verification was a text that the machine sent you that you had to verify. Once you verified the text, it was instant and seemless. However, the company is working to improve this as that doesn't really "meet" KYC regulations. It was an impressive machine nonetheless.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:14:29 PM

What about security? The QR code sticker on the machine is that a working QR address or just for decoration purposes?

People can easily replace that sticker with one of their own QR address stickers.
Coin-Start

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:44:50 PM

These are very cool looking! Bitprint.ca as always did a good job, did you develop design on your own?
We crowdsourced the design and Bitprint.ca did a great job improving upon it as well as printing. They do great work over there!

Looking forward to your ATMs appear on our map =)
We're excited for that day too!

Do you have any particular launch dates planned?
As soon as we have our license and are given the green light we'll start pushing our machines to various locations. There's an abundance of places looking to have a BTM at their location.

You will absolutely have to go through a verification process but we're working to make this process as simple and convenient as possible. Regulations must be followed.

The verification will be a variation of Entering your phone number and receiving a PIN + Scanning your Driver License/Passport (Front/Back) or possibly just the Barcode on the back of the DL. You would then wait for a verification successful message via text and from that point forward you would only need to enter your phone number + pin.

What about security? The QR code sticker on the machine is that a working QR address or just for decoration purposes?

People can easily replace that sticker with one of their own QR address stickers.

The QR code on our machine simply sends you to our website / the "what is bitcoin?" video. The QR code for selling coin is generated on the screen in real time. (It would be very difficult to "replace" this)
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:13:10 PM

Pretty nice , We will never see that on my country , not after 50 years  Cry

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btcoutfitter (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:15:22 PM

The machine did give a QR code to scan to send money to your wallet you had on your phone. It was used just as most QR codes are and was instant.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: