Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:30:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! Transactions not confirming ;( - 4 btc bounty  (Read 11868 times)
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 02:14:01 AM

Phew, this has been a week of putting out fires. And it's supposed to be my study week for finals. I haven't cracked a book once! Sad

Oh well, the life of a bitcoin entrepreneur. Crazy roller coaster, but worth every minute. Smiley

Haha, sounds just like me, except I study for finals the class before Wink

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeremy West spendbitcoins.com (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2012, 02:20:27 AM

Haha, sounds just like me, except I study for finals the class before Wink

I've been studying all semester, but Australia gives an extra week for studying between the last week of classes and the final exams.

Kuma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:32:44 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2012, 03:33:54 PM by Kuma

Hi,
I sent some bitcoins to Jeremy, the amount was deducted from my wallet, but the second day I noticed the transaction is still sitting unconfirmed. Today I checked it again and it finally passed (after two days).
Can this be related to the issue Jeremy had?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 01:36:46 AM

I sent some bitcoins to Jeremy, the amount was deducted from my wallet, but the second day I noticed the transaction is still sitting unconfirmed. Today I checked it again and it finally passed (after two days).

Unlikely.  If the payment doesn't make it into a block, then SpendBitcoins probably wouldn't have been able to use it in a payment, at least not with the stock Bitcoin.org client.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 03:48:41 AM

Unlikely.  If the payment doesn't make it into a block, then SpendBitcoins probably wouldn't have been able to use it in a payment, at least not with the stock Bitcoin.org client.

I think he's asking if he had the same issue as me, but it doesn't sound like it because mine never broadcast while his eventually did.

BTCOnetime

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 07:13:21 AM

I have the exact same problem, a very werid thing, tx's going through and others not all within a short time frame, it began with opening my wallet and finding more coins than I had before, dono if that triggers anything in someones brain but i reloaded the whole blockchain like you said your going to do, i didnt help, i havn't tried this rescan though, not sure how they are different but ill check it out, hope this helps a little at least
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 07:44:16 PM

Thanks again for all the help you've all given so far. One of you has sent me a private message offering to walk me through this over skype (he/she hasn't given me authority to say who, so although I'm sure they wouldn't mind, I'll keep it private since they sent me a PM) and I'm going to take you up on that as soon as we can connect.

That would be me.

I never heard from you on Skype.  I don't know if you tried to contact me.

Did you ever get the issue resolved?  I had forgotten about this thread until trying to answer a similar issue for a SatoshiDICE player here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77870.msg958137#msg958137

I think he has the same problem as you, except that his bad transactions are incoming, not outgoing.  Either way, deleting them using PyWallet should fix the problem.

Edit: I'll subscribe to this thread this time so I won't miss your reply again.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2012, 08:55:51 PM

Thanks again for all the help you've all given so far. One of you has sent me a private message offering to walk me through this over skype (he/she hasn't given me authority to say who, so although I'm sure they wouldn't mind, I'll keep it private since they sent me a PM) and I'm going to take you up on that as soon as we can connect.

That would be me.

I never heard from you on Skype.  I don't know if you tried to contact me.

Did you ever get the issue resolved?  I had forgotten about this thread until trying to answer a similar issue for a SatoshiDICE player here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77870.msg958137#msg958137

I think he has the same problem as you, except that his bad transactions are incoming, not outgoing.  Either way, deleting them using PyWallet should fix the problem.

Edit: I'll subscribe to this thread this time so I won't miss your reply again.

Hi Dooglus. I'll definitely be contacting you on skype. I haven't tried yet because I haven't had a moment to. Sad

someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 08:20:17 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just figured I'd mention that I ran into the same issue and give the details in case someone who works in-depth with bitcoin has more information to work with.

Anyhow, sent a small transaction that had the status of "0/unconfirmed" followed by something about being broadcasted out through 12 nodes or something like that.  Later went to just "0/unconfirmed" though.

Date: 6/18/2012 18:33
To: 1LTnpXQHYCT5V7132AuGSW6jvnD2dSfMXk
Debit: -4.23958261 BTC
Net amount: -4.23958261 BTC
Transaction ID: 9cf62b043a484baa76d98932d7307882bbbe9ff47ab45bbd33c79ec7887a8d33

It deducted the coins but never showed up in the blockchain.  Someone checked the bitcoincharts for me as well for a low priority transaction that was queued but came up with nothing.

Used pywallet to delete all the keys and rescanned (returned ~2.9BTC) as well as trying to delete the specific transactions that were unconfirmed and rescanning (put me at a balance of 0BTC).  *Note: There was 1 other unconfirmed transaction besides the one quoted above.

I did have an issue about a month ago where I got a message about a double-spend when my bitcoin wallet crashed as I went to send payment for something.  The double-spend message later disappeared from the blockchain as well.  However, that transaction was for 4.0BTC so I'm not sure why fixing my wallet gave me ~2.9BTC

I've had 90 successful transactions and 2 bad ones within the past 30 day period.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2012, 10:00:14 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just figured I'd mention that I ran into the same issue and give the details in case someone who works in-depth with bitcoin has more information to work with.

Anyhow, sent a small transaction that had the status of "0/unconfirmed" followed by something about being broadcasted out through 12 nodes or something like that.  Later went to just "0/unconfirmed" though.

Date: 6/18/2012 18:33
To: 1LTnpXQHYCT5V7132AuGSW6jvnD2dSfMXk
Debit: -4.23958261 BTC
Net amount: -4.23958261 BTC
Transaction ID: 9cf62b043a484baa76d98932d7307882bbbe9ff47ab45bbd33c79ec7887a8d33

It deducted the coins but never showed up in the blockchain.  Someone checked the bitcoincharts for me as well for a low priority transaction that was queued but came up with nothing.

Used pywallet to delete all the keys and rescanned (returned ~2.9BTC) as well as trying to delete the specific transactions that were unconfirmed and rescanning (put me at a balance of 0BTC).  *Note: There was 1 other unconfirmed transaction besides the one quoted above.

I did have an issue about a month ago where I got a message about a double-spend when my bitcoin wallet crashed as I went to send payment for something.  The double-spend message later disappeared from the blockchain as well.  However, that transaction was for 4.0BTC so I'm not sure why fixing my wallet gave me ~2.9BTC

I've had 90 successful transactions and 2 bad ones within the past 30 day period.

Grrr... I haven't had a chance to do this yet. I was hoping doing this would give me all my bitcoins back. Sad

someone703

Activity: 943
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 10:36:55 PM

Yea, I hear you, my 4BTC is peanuts compared to yours.  Undecided

But you did mention having backups so hopefully you'll get it resolved.  I never backed mine up although I'm starting to realize that moving forward I should definitely back up my wallet weekly or be super paranoid and back it up a couple times a week even though I do an extremely low volume of transactions.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
June 19, 2012, 11:25:02 PM

Yea, I hear you, my 4BTC is peanuts compared to yours.  Undecided

But you did mention having backups so hopefully you'll get it resolved.  I never backed mine up although I'm starting to realize that moving forward I should definitely back up my wallet weekly or be super paranoid and back it up a couple times a week even though I do an extremely low volume of transactions.

Or, run 'bitcoin-qt -keypool=9999', wait for it to generate 9999 pool addresses, then back up the wallet, and you don't need to make another backup until you've used those 9999 addresses.  "Using" an address happens each time you make a transaction which generates change back to yourself, and each time you click 'new address' in the 'receive coins' tab.  Some RPC calls will also use a pool address, but if you don't use RPC you don't need to worry about that.  9999 can be any sufficiently large number, of course.  By default it's only 100, meaning you need to back up at least every 100 spends you make.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████