Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS to create own coin. How can we convince to use Bitcoin?  (Read 15994 times)
redhawk979 (OP)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:08:25 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/meast/isis-currency/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT. More scamcoin. I think this is a great opportunity to show them Bitcoin and get some users from the Middle East. The anonymity and low fees are sure to be a turn on. How can we spread the word and help Bitcoin go TO THE MOON!?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dissonance

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:17:41 PM

Attempting to make it easier to fund terrorism so you can profit make you a terrible person
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:18:43 PM

Not sure how I feel about this
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:24:04 PM

Not to worry, they're never going to adopt Bitcoin. A currency predicated on a functioning high tech infrastructure isn't that great in warzones.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:26:28 PM

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT. More scamcoin. I think this is a great opportunity to show them Bitcoin and get some users from the Middle East. The anonymity and low fees are sure to be a turn on. How can we spread the word and help Bitcoin go TO THE MOON!?

You're a freaking retard of the highest proportions. Why the hell would you want ISIS to use Bitcoin? Hell no they shouldn't use Bitcoin.

Stupid OP.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:27:57 PM

How do we know this news is even legit? 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
nicked

Activity: 175

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:35:19 PM

Not sure how I feel about this
I know how I feel about it. Keep ISIS as far away from Bitcoin as possible!
maddog0000

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:39:56 PM

Hey everybody lets spread the news of Btc to terrorist! It will surely pad our portfolios.........Unbelievable.
axel2078

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:40:07 PM

Are you out of your f'n mind???  Why would you want bitcoin associated with the "currency of choice" of a radical terrorist group??? It's hard enough to get people to accept the idea of Bitcoin without that stigma tied to it.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:47:41 PM

Attempting to make it easier to fund terrorism so you can profit make you a terrible person

Of course you're right.  But its a sentiment all too absent in these circles unfortunately.  

To the rest of you:  Are you really shocked?   75% of the people in Bitcoin circles hate authority, and go out of their way to defend systems like Silk Road where you can buy contracts on people's assassinations.  What's the difference?   Oops ... what's that?  You only support people's right to take drugs if they want?  Thats nice.  You also turn a blind eye to the murder for hires and other things going on.  I mean heyyyyy ... freedom is freedom right?  Can't shut down silk road just because of a few bad apples.  Anarchists don't believe in a right or wrong.  They only believe in "freedom to do whatever you want".  And fuck all authority.  Because apparently corruption only comes from people in power.  Never from regular folks.  So only give rules to those in power.  Let the rest of us do whatever we want.  That includes ISIS.  

If they dont include ISIS, then they contradict themselves.  Thereby admitting that their own worldview is fucking ludicrous.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:52:44 PM

Are you joking, as soon as the headlines "ISIS now using bitcoin" gets thrown around a bit just watch the price start falling.

maddog0000

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:08:47 PM

Are you joking, as soon as the headlines "ISIS now using bitcoin" gets thrown around a bit just watch the price start falling.

Exactly!
redhawk979 (OP)

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:09:33 PM

Wow you people sound like the Banksters, hypocrites all of you. Bitcoin is neutral. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

"Fuck the Government, Bitcoin is for all! Except ISIS you're on the naughty list." Slippery slope.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:14:07 PM

Wow, this is impressive!

It means they are much more than the average terrorist organization. They don't believe in foreign paper money so they will mint their own proprietary metal coins. Did I read out of gold? Boy, ISIS is going back to the gold standard! They might become hugely successful if they do that.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:23:21 PM

And watch every legitimate service institute tougher KYC requirements to try to avoid being investigated for aiding terrorism financing, which is part of the overarching AML framework.

OP has proven themselves an idiot by referring to Bitcoin as "anonymous" anyway.

Ideologically, OP might be correct.  Bitcoin is a protocol and neutral in and of itself.  However, encouraging it's use by groups which are generally reviled even by libertarians and cryptoanarchists has a price.  If it's successfully used to finance terrorism then it comes under increasing government scrutiny and measures will be put in place to make it harder to use for "acceptable" crimes or legitimate commerce.  If it becomes too cumbersome to use legitimately, there's no net benefit for regular Bitcoiners.  

Governments will throw a hell of a lot more resources at combating the use of Bitcoin to finance terrorism than they have at it's role in the darknet markets.  Even the darknet markets themselves are in favour of "cleaning up" the markets in the wake of increasing prosecutions for CP centred on onion sites.  Additional heat is the last thing Bitcoin or the darknet markets need.

Something which maintains a public ledger of every transaction isn't the ideal way of funding terrorism, either.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Cannotthinkofusername

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Hi.

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:24:34 PM

Lol you want Isis to use btc? That's only going to build to the myth that bitcoin is used by druggies and terorists

croTek4

Activity: 392

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:31:12 PM

ISIS using bitcoin would almost definitely destroy all of our hope of bitcoin ever succeeding.

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
PhilipMorris

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:36:53 PM

I will buy this.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:40:06 PM

Trust me, they rather behead OP than care which money they use.

Also, OP is now under investigation from the FBI. Good job, OP. And there's two reasons for that.

1. He seems to want them to use Bitcoin.
2. He calls them "freedom fighters" which is what they are not, they are pro-slavery and anti-science and want our heads on spikes.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:14:21 AM

yeah, the least attention from people like ISIS (and the forces that oppose them) the better. Bitcoin's core philosophy is about empowerment, NOT oppression (ISIS)

If OP wants to help ISIS he should go over there and put "boots to the ground" I give him about 45 mins in the warm embrace of ISIS before he comes pleading to be let back into USA.

OP is trollin'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: