Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:04:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS to create own coin. How can we convince to use Bitcoin?  (Read 15997 times)
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Well this is Bitcoin after all, you can choose to not accept any coins funding terrorism there by limiting it's economy. The miners too can choose to not process transactions... the 51% rule abides there too. If the Network doesn't want it, It ain't gonna happen.

How would the miners know which bitcoin transactions are being used to fund terrorism?

jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:05:21 PM

Good old fashioned investigation. It would just take one government demanding it's businesses to subscribe to their blacklist and it would be done automatically. It could even be implemented by companies to segregate their Blockchain network.

the miners could be made to comply as well, a full p2p network mining protocol would prevent this since 99% of the network would have to agree to exclude certain transactions.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
axel2078

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:11:26 PM

Good old fashioned investigation. It would just take one government demanding it's businesses to subscribe to their blacklist and it would be done automatically. It could even be implemented by companies to segregate their Blockchain network.

the miners could be made to comply as well, a full p2p network mining protocol would prevent this since 99% of the network would have to agree to exclude certain transactions.

Would you mind explaining the "segregate their Blockchain network" thing a little deeper for me? I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:17:51 PM

Guess this is how they will launder all the Turkish gold they are trading for oil.  Huh

I understand how it would be cool to own one of these. But an American could be charged with providing material support if they bought one.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:25:34 PM

And if they do it, all the Bitcoin they have instantly becomes worthless.  It would effectively be outlawing Bitcoin, because fungibility is necessary for functionality.  It would be like scanning all cash money at the bank for drug residue, and immediately removing such money from circulation, without compensating its owner.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:14:29 AM

100 % not agree , bitcoin will die for sure if they use it.
Bitcoin will be banned hard in all country in the world.

With your logic whatever they use now should be banned worldwide, probably dollar.

And guns, and oil ... Cheesy

Sure enough the Holy Quran defines what real money is; even a bad organization can have good ideas. "satanic usury", brilliant  Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:35:53 AM

And if they do it, all the Bitcoin they have instantly becomes worthless.  It would effectively be outlawing Bitcoin, because fungibility is necessary for functionality.  It would be like scanning all cash money at the bank for drug residue, and immediately removing such money from circulation, without compensating its owner.
Well almost every single dollar bill (not just the 1 dollar bill but also every other denomination) has some level of drug residue on it.

jdbtracker's "proposal" would also be impossible to implement as the miners do not have any control over the transactions included in previous blocks so it would only take one miner that confirms one block that would contain a transaction with inputs of a "terrorist" address to negate such a blacklist. Also the fact that much of Bitcoin is automated, there is a very good chance that someone would have bought the bitcoin from an address on such a blacklist, making the terrorist enriched while some random person holding the bag
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:46:50 AM

Pretty soon we'll be hearing, "Only terrorists buy or use gold and silver coins..."    Cheesy
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:55:18 AM

so now ISIS has a more honest monetary system than the rest of the world, how low we have sunk...
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:01:52 AM

Look at this guys history and you will quickly see that he is a troll who hates bitcoin.

He is not worth your breath or time and should just be ignored.

I enjoy valid and educated criticisms of Bitcoin (yes, Bitcoin has many flaws) but will refuse to entertain people with dishonest motivations.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:07:12 AM

ISIS live in a world reminiscent of 500 BC, or older. They are planning to mint coins and print paper money, its all thier caveman brains can understand.

If they do make a crypto, it will not flourish, they do not have enough supporters. If they mint actual metal coins...many collectors will want one if not a set. This alone could be very profitable for them.

Mostly I believe ISIS to be very much full of crap. They spend most of thier time trying to make themselves look bigger and stronger than they are. Stunts like beheading videos and such are obvious efforts to make themselves look big.

True they have a lot of oil to sell and friends in russia, but the rest of the world is closing in, they will be crushed. They only exist in the form they do now because they are useful in the Imperialist USA agenda.

Still want an ISIS penny tho
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:45:47 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 03:37:12 AM by QuestionAuthority

This forum is so full of lol. Exactly how do you plan on telling Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi that Bitcoin is better than his gold coins? Do you have his email address?

BTW: If any one group using Bitcoin is enough to hurt Bitcoin then it's dead already. I don't care if they use it or they don't use it any more than I care if they use dollars which they most certainly do.

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 03:25:04 AM

As a coin collecter, I kinda want some ISIS coins...

...I guess that's weird. Nevermind.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 05:29:28 AM

exactly!!! I have some old Adolph Hitler stamps. Creepy, but hella valuable, and a "curiosity" for the collector. There's going to be a lot more ISIS coins on the market than old Hitler stamps, and the collectors will line up to get them. However, kind of like "Special Collector's Editions" of anything, too many people buy some and put in storage immediately, causing them to not become very rare.

I'd rather have this shirt

Tasteless yes, but I really want it!!!!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 06:18:13 AM

Well that is normal. From a collectors point of view, it is okay to get some of these 'coins'.
As a normal user, or Bitcoin supporter, one should be staying away from it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:23:18 AM

Well almost every single dollar bill (not just the 1 dollar bill but also every other denomination) has some level of drug residue on it.

That's my point.  If BTC exists long enough, every unit of currency will eventually have some taint to it.  It will have been swindled from someone, used to buy drugs or other contraband, spent by terrorists, etc.  So a scheme of simply taking such money out of circulation is foolishness.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 09:21:37 AM

I don't giva flying fart about who is using Bitcoins. Same with any other money format it will be used for good and for bad at the same time. Get over it.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
sandykho47

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 09:49:18 AM

Do you think every terrorist in ISIS can access internet.
And i think they better make their own fiat / crypto currency

Maybe like ISIS money / ISIS Coin ?

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
POWCOIN

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Do you think every terrorist in ISIS can access internet.
And i think they better make their own fiat / crypto currency

Maybe like ISIS money / ISIS Coin ?
pretty dumb thought
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 11:23:44 AM

And i think they better make their own fiat / crypto currency.

Make their own crypto with what?  How many terahashes do you think a camel can do?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: