Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS to create own coin. How can we convince to use Bitcoin?  (Read 15997 times)
albus

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:51:32 AM

In other news.... Earth supplies ISIS with food, water and air.... so let's boycott the earth! Bitcoin is a decentralized system that anyone can use. Just like air and the internet... it is there, no one owns it, and anyone can use it. This is what makes it great, and also why criminals are attracted to it.

Air, food, water or BTC, these guys should be prevented to use any and each! The fact that they use BTC is indeed irrelevant. (or should be)
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:13:16 PM

Good old fashioned investigation. It would just take one government demanding it's businesses to subscribe to their blacklist and it would be done automatically. It could even be implemented by companies to segregate their Blockchain network.

the miners could be made to comply as well, a full p2p network mining protocol would prevent this since 99% of the network would have to agree to exclude certain transactions.

Would you mind explaining the "segregate their Blockchain network" thing a little deeper for me? I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it.

you can control within the blockchain the coins that you process, buy 1 bitcoin divide it into a thousand pieces and internally within the business mark it as worth 10,000 dollars. This is good to do between company divisions, so no one starts asking the IT department for outlandish requests or the Engineering department for that matter. Just internal accounting audits. only the coins marked by the company are valid to have that value.

All the coins have the same source, the original coin, so it's progression and movement can be tracked to see how costs move through the corporation and how effective they are at maximizing their budget internally. Once in a while you may lose a couple fragments(employees using it to purchase snacks accidentally) but it will be invalidated immediately since the companies blockchain explorer will notice the discrepancy and inform that the coin has gone out of network circulation( it has gone to a non approved payment address.)

This can be further enhanced using a side-chain that updates the blockchain every so many transactions... there by giving the company a gap to reverse any transactions that have occurred with-in their network before it becomes permanently transcribed in the main Bitcoin ledger.

In this system, original, freshly created coins are immeasurably more valuable than used coins.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:33:00 PM

This is just silly. Another attack on crypto currency and bitcoins. Does noone care about the trillions of dollars that is poured into wrongful deals/wars/manufacturing....and they care about a currency that has a market cap of ~5 billion dollars at the moment?!?! Seriously?

I have an excellent solution! Stop bloody selling weapons and arms to these people, first of all, secondly shutdown the federal reserve. That should automatically solve a lot of these issues.

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:38:41 PM

I agree, Bitcoin would be a terrible choice for terrorism. If everyone started using Bitcoin's ledger all the arms companies would be accountable, their smart property equipped weapons would leave a paper trail every time a gun was found in the hands of terrorists. As a matter of fact we could in essence figure out the exact proportion of weapons within a particular faction, including capability.

The drug trade funding routes would leave trails everywhere marking which ones are funding terrorism or equipping violent groups with supplies instead of upholding individuals freedom of experience. They could circumvent this with side-chains, but the original address would still be exposed eventually giving away the exact economic momentum of the group.

and by the way... the ledger is public. Public accounting of any and all groups.

If company A has it's own sidechain and you know it's value is pegged 10x the going rate of Bitcoin, you'll know something is up if their output is lower or higher than expected.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:15:17 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/world/meast/isis-currency/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT. More scamcoin. I think this is a great opportunity to show them Bitcoin and get some users from the Middle East. The anonymity and low fees are sure to be a turn on. How can we spread the word and help Bitcoin go TO THE MOON!?

I THINK YOU ARE CONFUSED. RETHINK YOUR LIFE. COME BACK.

There might be alot of evil people and tyrans out in the middle east, but the isis state is a completely faschistic organisation using old cultural symbols of a religion comparable to the regime of North Korea. Its using its power to get into space, where fallen tyrans had their playground.

I dont think they are building fibre lines there. Just giving bread and water to people left without structure of a state (infrastructere like canalisation,roads,parks,schools,libraries,civic center,public transport,hospital,insurance,banking etc....), left in chaos.

When they get more control, they will relax the beheadings and the stealing, and give people more freedom to produce resources for them. Exactly like your own government did. Trace it back in history.

In a few years, they will become member of the UN and make trade agreements all around, may be also spying agreements, agreements to make absolutely sure that everyone is taxed at least once, and agreements to be able to exclude someone from the payment system. They might also be given some money to kill off some common enemies.
A_Free_Man

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

ISIS is planning to mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper, the group said Thursday.
Its aim is to stay away from the "tyrant's financial system," ISIS said in a statement. It said it would issue another statement to explain the new currency's exchange rate, and where it can be found.

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT. More scamcoin. I think this is a great opportunity to show them Bitcoin and get some users from the Middle East. The anonymity and low fees are sure to be a turn on. How can we spread the word and help Bitcoin go TO THE MOON!?

Sounds like they are printing their own kind of FIAT.

mint its own currency in gold, silver and copper

Were you born retarded or did you just not learn what FIAT is?
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:43:11 PM

If they do consider gold coins (you don't know, the desinformation fog is thick), the reason could be that they expect an attack on a paper money system, consisting of a competing gang of thugs printing false notes and spread them, draining resources from the country and sending the fiat into hyperinflation. It has been done.

Minting gold coins and spread them in the IS would not work, the extra coins would be just as good as the islamic coins. Making coins that looks like gold is not easy, and can be detected by anyone.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:54:47 PM

If they do consider gold coins (you don't know, the desinformation fog is thick), the reason could be that they expect an attack on a paper money system, consisting of a competing gang of thugs printing false notes and spread them, draining resources from the country and sending the fiat into hyperinflation. It has been done.

Minting gold coins and spread them in the IS would not work, the extra coins would be just as good as the islamic coins. Making coins that looks like gold is not easy, and can be detected by anyone.

I think such an effort would work to dramatically hurt the utility of their coins. What they are issuing is a gold standard coin. It's value is based on it's commodity value and not determined like a fiat currency. That means that a fake coin does not contain the value the user expects.
While there are always ways to spot a counterfeit coin, it could be made difficult in a practical sense. The idea is to get shop owners, etc. to favor other currencies and not trust IS coins. That suppresses the value and reduces the income for the issuing authority. It would be a big operation however, and there are a lot of problems to getting them in circulation.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:38:29 PM

Reversing the subject, I guess the best way to convince ISIS not to use BTC would be to let them believe that Satoshi Nakamoto is a CIA agent. Let's keep trolling about that. Is this true that Satoshi has moved? I've been told he works for the NSA, now.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:52:57 PM

Reversing the subject, I guess the best way to convince ISIS not to use BTC would be to let them believe that Satoshi Nakamoto is a CIA agent. Let's keep trolling about that. Is this true that Satoshi has moved? I've been told he works for the NSA, now.

I'm not sure that would stop them. I seem to remember the NSA has some connection to the US dollar. I also heard even Saddam Hussein had a few dollars in reserve.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/26/once-thought-lost-and-now-found-6-billion/

redhawk979 (OP)

Activity: 271

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:34:38 PM

You're a freaking retard of the highest proportions. Why the hell would you want ISIS to use Bitcoin? Hell no they shouldn't use Bitcoin.

Stupid OP.

Um. I would rather ISIS use bitcoin than the US government...

Truthfully I would prefer both but I got a good laugh out of "We don't want the little governments fighting for land to use Bitcoin" compared to asking permission from the big governments that already have land

I was actually trolling, but god damn I knew at least 1 person would agree that was actually a good idea (hint: its fucking terrible).
Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:58:01 PM

They don't have to forge any, just put the word out they or a vast amount of fakes made out of ex projectile DU and brass, to poison you if you try biting one, or to irradiate your nuts when they're in your pocket and sterilise you.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:20:22 PM

I think such an effort would work to dramatically hurt the utility of their coins. What they are issuing is a gold standard coin. It's value is based on it's commodity value and not determined like a fiat currency. That means that a fake coin does not contain the value the user expects.
While there are always ways to spot a counterfeit coin, it could be made difficult in a practical sense. The idea is to get shop owners, etc. to favor other currencies and not trust IS coins. That suppresses the value and reduces the income for the issuing authority. It would be a big operation however, and there are a lot of problems to getting them in circulation.

Well, this can happen with paper money, but not with gold coins, exactly because the gold coins will be valuable whatever amount is dumped. Excess gold money will just make them stronger, enabling them to buy more guns.
Erdogan
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:22:00 PM

They don't have to forge any, just put the word out they or a vast amount of fakes made out of ex projectile DU and brass, to poison you if you try biting one, or to irradiate your nuts when they're in your pocket and sterilise you.

Nah, couldn't work.
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:06:33 AM

You're a freaking retard of the highest proportions. Why the hell would you want ISIS to use Bitcoin? Hell no they shouldn't use Bitcoin.

Stupid OP.

Um. I would rather ISIS use bitcoin than the US government...

Truthfully I would prefer both but I got a good laugh out of "We don't want the little governments fighting for land to use Bitcoin" compared to asking permission from the big governments that already have land

I was actually trolling, but god damn I knew at least 1 person would agree that was actually a good idea (hint: its fucking terrible).

Thank god, reading your OP made me breathe fire...
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:24:19 AM

i'll gave 0.01 btc for o1ne ISIS

i am here.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:00:48 AM

Well, this can happen with paper money, but not with gold coins, exactly because the gold coins will be valuable whatever amount is dumped. Excess gold money will just make them stronger, enabling them to buy more guns.

I hope they use their new equipment just like this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hF-5DY6kTU

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:35:07 PM

Maybe I'm not being clear. The coins I would dump are gold plated and maybe worth a few bucks each. It would be hard to distinguish from the solid gold coins they are planning on issuing. It is not knowing which coins are real that would hurt adoption of IS coins.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Eastbay

Activity: 176

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:07:59 PM

i really think this could be a good opportunity for BTC, seems like it would be a good argument for a developing nation starting fresh, pitch them they could have a whole banking/finacial system set up overnight once they impose the law
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:20:59 PM

i really think this could be a good opportunity for BTC, seems like it would be a good argument for a developing nation starting fresh, pitch them they could have a whole banking/finacial system set up overnight once they impose the law

"Seems like" your comment history and redhawk979's comment history are remarkably similar and appear to consist of a mix of trolling, fear mongering and shit-alt pumping.

I am surprised fallling hasn't bumped this troll thread yet.

I think we should convince ISIS to use your BitShit coin.

Anyway, like I said, there is no way that a public ledger where anyone can write any text for all to see will ever be used by any fundamentalist religious group nor any fascist state (inb4 "all states are fascist": still valid even if you think that).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: