Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:35:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ISIS to create own coin. How can we convince to use Bitcoin?  (Read 15996 times)
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 09:43:33 PM

The ISIS coin has already been proven to be lies. Just like the whole Sony/N Korea thing will be exposed as very soon. A publicity stunt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 02:04:59 AM

I think we should do the opposite to recommend bitcoin for bad actions
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:12:43 AM

Bitcoin is MUCH better to recommend to the people suffering under the ISIS scum, who have ruined every economy they've touched, causing people in Iraq to flee the dinar in fears that ISIS is going to replace it with their own scam currency.

From this BBC story.

28 November 2014
From Faisal

I washed and got ready to go to Friday prayers, and to hear the imam address the congregation.

In his Friday sermon, the imam spoke about the value of the gold dinar in the ancient eras of Islam and about how trade and economy flourished at the time.

He said that a group of pious and highly religious men from IS had decided to mint a new gold coin and new coins made of silver and copper in addition to new paper notes which will be used in the markets in the near future.

He also said that another group of pious IS youth organised an advertising campaign to announce the use of the new currency.

The aim was to make the new Islamic dinar a force to be reckoned with against the US dollar used by the infidels, as the imam said, in what turned out to be the same sermon forced by IS on all the mosques.

Panic-selling

I went home feeling worried and confused. I have business and bank accounts and bank dealings with other countries. How can I use this new currency which is only recognised in IS territory?!

The IS dinar was going to replace the official Iraqi currency and use of the dollar was going to be banned. I didn't know what to do, and I sat with a group of friends to discuss what would happen to our money and to our business.

Everybody agreed they would exchange the existing Iraqi currency for US dollars or for gold jewellery.

We all agreed that the IS plan was not religious or ideological as they said, but merely a scheme to rob us of our money and savings.

The next morning a state of chaos gripped the market as everybody was trying to get rid of the Iraqi dinar and to buy dollars or gold.

Wouldn't it be nice if they had BTC to flee to?
L3G1T

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 03:26:42 AM

Lol ISIS using their own coin this just seems a little funny to me to be honest.

Sample websites made for clients:
instagram shoutouts | kik usernames
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:27:37 AM

The principles behind that of ISIS and the cypherpunk movement that gave rise to cryptocurrency are diametrically opposed. Bitcoin and its descendants are founded on the principles of decentralization, openness, transparency, personal and financial freedom and independence (i.e. "be your own bank"), and most importantly the rejection of centralized authorities - i.e. the "State" part of "Islamic State". I wouldn't be surprised if ISIS uses Bitcoin in an opportunistic sense as a means to transfer wealth across borders and away from the prying eyes of governments but to think that they would fully embrace Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency as their national currency is IMHO a step too far.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 08:59:32 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if ISIS uses Bitcoin in an opportunistic sense as a means to transfer wealth across borders and away from the prying eyes of governments but to think that they would fully embrace Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency as their national currency is IMHO a step too far.

These are people who basically believe science is Satanic Western propaganda.  They are literally too stupid to run water filtration plants so areas under their control are infested with cholera and other water-borne diseases.  Usually, the lights go out soon after they take over because they are also too stupid to run electric power generation.  The idea of them successfully using computers is pretty ludicrous, much less using cryptocurrencies, which they would probably also view as demonic.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 10:16:37 AM

Bitcoin already has too many accusations of being terrorist linked. We don't need feed them with stuff like this topic

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 01:10:33 PM

Bitcoin has only one thing stopping mass adoption. People need to acquiesce and join the ranks of the lunatic schemers currently using it.

Pierre11

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:32:10 PM

The ISIS coin has already been proven to be lies. Just like the whole Sony/N Korea thing will be exposed as very soon. A publicity stunt.

Annnd, yep.

Sony has released the movie and nothing major is happening due to it's release..
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 04:45:56 PM

Bitcoin already has too many accusations of being terrorist linked. We don't need feed them with stuff like this topic

Don't want ISIS using bitcoin? Simple, embed a few messages in the blockchain that say "The Prophet Mohammad loves CP" or something similar. They'll never touch it.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 04:58:09 PM

You want to help ISIS fund their terror with Bitcoin?!?! Are you a working with them, one of their terrorists?

If you're helping criminals fund their crimes, you are also a criminal. And if you want an easy way to destroy Bitcoin's reputation with the masses, get it associated with the largest terrorism group in the world...no one will want to use the "currency of criminals."

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:34:47 PM

You want to help ISIS fund their terror with Bitcoin?!?! Are you a working with them, one of their terrorists?

If you're helping criminals fund their crimes, you are also a criminal. And if you want an easy way to destroy Bitcoin's reputation with the masses, get it associated with the largest terrorism group in the world...no one will want to use the "currency of criminals."

Maybe they should be encouraged to use one of the 953 flavours of shitty alts out there, and help wipe them off the scene.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
drbrock

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

New to BTC not new to the Empire of Chaos

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 05:35:25 PM

So when you use the western banking system (petrodollars) you are funding genocide on a mass scale with WAR WAR WAR for the rest of our lives?
I am no ISIS sympathizer (mainly because they are covertly funded by USA/ISRAEL), in fact I am atheirst and all religion can go to hell (Irony?) buit to accuse someone who happens to live in the part of the world constantly attacked by western powers as terrorist is the ultimate hypocracy.
We all love bitcoin right? imagine if instead of the corrupt banking system we had bitcoin all these decades. There would be very low chance of ISIS/ISIL/MOSSAD/MI5/MI6/NSA (same shit)  in the first place.
Pull your head out of ur ass and stop watching BBC/CNN/FOX whatever

Wow, my first post. It took idiocy to make me register. Hope your happy Wink

████████████
A  S  K   C O I N        Plug&Play Exchange Integrated with Twitter !
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2014, 06:45:29 PM

So when you use the western banking system (petrodollars) you are funding genocide on a mass scale with WAR WAR WAR for the rest of our lives?
I am no ISIS sympathizer (mainly because they are covertly funded by USA/ISRAEL), in fact I am atheirst and all religion can go to hell (Irony?) buit to accuse someone who happens to live in the part of the world constantly attacked by western powers as terrorist is the ultimate hypocracy.
We all love bitcoin right? imagine if instead of the corrupt banking system we had bitcoin all these decades. There would be very low chance of ISIS/ISIL/MOSSAD/MI5/MI6/NSA (same shit)  in the first place.

Welcome to the forum. I think you're making some really broad generalizations here which are more than unfair when compared to ISIS.

So you're saying that if I use a western bank i'm funding genocide and war? What bank in the world has funded genocide or declared war (seriously, i'm not aware of one that's directly done either of these things)? And why do you assume I bank with that bank?

By your logic, anyone who drives a car or uses plastic supports wars for oil. By your logic, anyone who drinks Russian vodka, smokes a cuban cigar, or eats at a Chinese restaurant supports Communism. By your logic, anyone that does business in Amsterdam supports prostitution. By your logic, anyone who travels to the Middle East supports Islamic extremists. By your logic, anyone that vacations in Colombia supports cocaine use.

What may be worse is that you're comparing the SOMETIMES hypocritical, (I absolutely admit) not-peaceful, not idealistic actions of a Western government with an organization that believes that beheading ANYONE who doesn't believe their ideology, ignoring education and science, and oppressing women is right and just...as if they're similar. ISIS kills you if you don't believe everything they believe in. The US, for example, allows you to shout whatever you believe from the streets, lawfully, if you so desire.

To call western governments and ISIS similar is incredibly naive and deliberately ignoring the facts.

It's ironic that you're an atheist because you have to take a huge leap of faith to believe the connections you're trying to make.

rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 06:49:08 PM

Don't want ISIS using bitcoin? Simple, embed a few messages in the blockchain that say "The Prophet Mohammad loves CP" or something similar. They'll never touch it.
LOL
ISIS will die if we send a transaction to their wallet with this message.
drbrock

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

New to BTC not new to the Empire of Chaos

View Profile
December 28, 2014, 07:06:40 PM

Welcome to the forum. I think you're making some really broad generalizations here which are more than unfair when compared to ISIS.

So you're saying that if I use a western bank i'm funding genocide and war? What bank in the world has funded genocide or declared war (seriously, i'm not aware of one that's directly done either of these things)? And why do you assume I bank with that bank?

By your logic, anyone who drives a car or uses plastic supports wars for oil. By your logic, anyone who drinks Russian vodka, smokes a cuban cigar, or eats at a Chinese restaurant supports Communism. By your logic, anyone that does business in Amsterdam supports prostitution. By your logic, anyone who travels to the Middle East supports Islamic extremists. By your logic, anyone that vacations in Colombia supports cocaine use.

What may be worse is that you're comparing the SOMETIMES hypocritical, (I absolutely admit) not-peaceful, not idealistic actions of a Western government with an organization that believes that beheading ANYONE who doesn't believe their ideology, ignoring education and science, and oppressing women is right and just...as if they're similar. ISIS kills you if you don't believe everything they believe in. The US, for example, allows you to shout whatever you believe from the streets, lawfully, if you so desire.

To call western governments and ISIS similar is incredibly naive and deliberately ignoring the facts.

It's ironic that you're an atheist because you have to take a huge leap of faith to believe the connections you're trying to make.

What bank funds war? Are you serious? Do you by any chance live in the US?
http[Suspicious link removed]cutive-resigns-senate
http://www.waronwant.org/past-campaigns/banking-funding-the-arms-trade
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/all-wars-are-bankers-wars/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/afontevecchia/2012/07/16/hsbc-helped-terrorists-iran-mexican-drug-cartels-launder-money-senate-report-says/

Many big American banks funded the Nazis.

The BBC reported in 1998:

Barclays Bank has agreed to pay $3.6m to Jews whose assets were seized from French branches of the British-based bank during World War II.

Chase Manhattan Bank, which has acknowledged seizing about 100 accounts held by Jews in its Paris branch during World War II ….”Recently unclassified reports from the US Treasury about the activities of Chase in Paris in the 1940s indicate that the local branch worked “in close collaboration with the German authorities” in freezing Jewish assets.

The New York Daily News noted the same year:

The relationship between Chase and the Nazis apparently was so cozy that Carlos Niedermann, the Chase branch chief in Paris, wrote his supervisor in Manhattan that the bank enjoyed “very special esteem” with top German officials and “a rapid expansion of deposits,” according to Newsweek.

Niedermann’s letter was written in May 1942 five months after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and the U.S. also went to war with Germany.

The BBC reported in 1999:

A French government commission, investigating the seizure of Jewish bank accounts during the Second World War, says five American banks Chase Manhattan, J.P Morgan, Guaranty Trust Co. of New York, Bank of the City of New York and American Express had taken part.

It says their Paris branches handed over to the Nazi occupiers about one-hundred such accounts.

One of Britain’s main newspapers – the Guardian – reported in 2004:

George Bush’s grandfather [and George H.W. Bush’s father], the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings … continued until his company’s assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act

The documents reveal that the firm he worked for, Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH), acted as a US base for the German industrialist, Fritz Thyssen, who helped finance Hitler in the 1930s before falling out with him at the end of the decade. The Guardian has seen evidence that shows Bush was the director of the New York-based Union Banking Corporation (UBC) that represented Thyssen’s US interests and he continued to work for the bank after America entered the war.

Bush was a founding member of the bank [UBC] … The bank was set up by Harriman and Bush’s father-in-law to provide a US bank for the Thyssens, Germany’s most powerful industrial family.

By the late 1930s, Brown Brothers Harriman, which claimed to be the world’s largest private investment bank, and UBC had bought and shipped millions of dollars of gold, fuel, steel, coal and US treasury bonds to Germany, both feeding and financing Hitler’s build-up to war.

Between 1931 and 1933 UBC bought more than $8m worth of gold, of which $3m was shipped abroad. According to documents seen by the Guardian, after UBC was set up it transferred $2m to BBH accounts and between 1924 and 1940 the assets of UBC hovered around $3m, dropping to $1m only on a few occasions.

UBC was caught red-handed operating a American shell company for the Thyssen family eight months after America had entered the war and that this was the bank that had partly financed Hitler’s rise to power.

Seriously, I mean I would have read the rest of your comment but when your first question was which bank has funded a war I guess there is no point in carrying on. Educate yourself if you like, my point was exactly your point. just because someone wants to use bitcoin in a region dominated by CIASIS lunatics does not mean they are a terrorist. Much like I who bank with HSBC am not a Mexican drug lord!!!

████████████
A  S  K   C O I N        Plug&Play Exchange Integrated with Twitter !
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:33:15 AM

I would say that you are probably right. If ISIS makes/uses their own shitcoin that is associated with terrorism then anyone dealing in such coin would be labeled a terrorist by the government and as a result it will have no value. Since it would have no value, ISIS would have wasted money on development, mining ect on the coins that does nothing for them. 
desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:45:53 AM

I would not want to be part of making them use btc. It is terrible to make others profit off of one doing terrible things.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:53:47 AM

If ISIS made a Coin....

No exchange would trade it since it funds terrorism and depending on the country, the exchange could be shut down

Mining pools and people would attack the Coin

It's value would be 0
desertfox470

Activity: 542
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:55:34 AM

If ISIS made a Coin....

No exchange would trade it since it funds terrorism and depending on the country, the exchange could be shut down

Mining pools and people would attack the Coin

It's value would be 0
Yeah I agree people would do everything they could to destroy the coin. Although they might not need an exchange since it is their currency. They wouldn't want someone else's currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: