Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attic Mining...the new craze!  (Read 1874 times)
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:42:35 AM

Having made the somewhat dubious purchase NO REFUND NO ROI KNC Titan 300mh scrypt miner
and finding out after electricity at 15c/kwh is taken out of such I make about $22 a day

I had a Eureka! Moment

I can easily MINE all the crap I have in the ATTIC on Ebay and get $22 bucks a day after postage

(you have an attic for 40 years you find you have now a collectible treasure trove)

So ATTIC MINING is probably the next best thing to cover your dubious miner purchases of 2014

(cardboard boxes extra)

Then WHEN I get all the crap sold out of the ATTIC and turn it into a REC ROOM ....it likely in this
area would increase (at least on paper) my net worth of my house easily by the $10,131.80 I spent
(in error) on this NO REFUND NO ROI Titan (pick your own personal dubious miner choice here BFL, KNC
Black Arrow, Alpha etc....common you KNOW we all have screwed up some equip order?

all humor aside.....the truth is doing the above and the rec room plan above is a win/win at the
very least I cover some of my losses on this beastie...get an attic cleaned out and get a rec
room....invite people over ..get a life...stay away from internet/bitcoin etc

anyway its true I can prob go as long as the Titan runs selling stuff for $22 bucks out of my attic
...probably longer......just needed being stupid as a kick in the pants

(the stuff people do with rationalizations to compensate for stupid purchases...)

rationalizations make the world go around "the big chill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FJiDFVoOo

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 09:03:18 AM

We buy stuff, then buy a big house to keep and protect our stuff, then we pay to protect and maintain our house.

Not something people can do with kids but I got rid of all of my stuff and downsized to the point of being able to put everything I own into a carry on and a backpack. It is very liberating.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:22:08 AM

We buy stuff, then buy a big house to keep and protect our stuff, then we pay to protect and maintain our house.

Not something people can do with kids but I got rid of all of my stuff and downsized to the point of being able to put everything I own into a carry on and a backpack. It is very liberating.

An old man came up with that years ago,in a galaxy far far away  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_QkGPCL18

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
mm5aes

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:24:18 AM

Damn, new there was a drawback to buying a penthouse flat!
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 10:18:48 AM

An old man came up with that years ago,in a galaxy far far away  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x_QkGPCL18

Nice...

then we spend half our life away from our stuff so we can afford to buy and protect our stuff

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

Damn, new there was a drawback to buying a penthouse flat!

ok started having playboy fantasies as soon as I saw the line "penthouse flat"

FML

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:02:50 PM

I can easily MINE all the crap I have in the ATTIC on Ebay and get $22 bucks a day after postage

Thats great, but hardest part is, you must catalogue all this little thigns, put them on ebay (write description, select delivery options etc) and hope someone will buy something
Its a lot of time invested and little gain (22$)

Only positive, you got cleaner house ; )
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:17:38 PM

I wish the classified section here was better structured. Needs more categories. I'm annoyed bitmit closed, been looking at cryptothrift, but they have "issues" at the moment, and it's one of those turning points where if they leave it any longer it will just stagnate and die off. Then eBay just plain sucks these days. Open Bazaar don't seem ready for prime time.... oh yeah, guess I should mention I have a buncha stuff that I keep meaning to sell also.

However, attic mining, I am thinking of doing, nice and cool up there at the moment, not sure if it will give me ice dam problems in a month or two though.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:33:25 PM

Thats great, but hardest part is, you must catalogue all this little thigns, put them on ebay (write description, select delivery options etc) and hope someone will buy something
Its a lot of time invested and little gain (22$)

Only positive, you got cleaner house ; )

this is true...i was too lazy to do this to BUY the no roi no refund knc titan (see 1st post)

I know somehow that I'm probably gonna only if I'm really lucky (with biz
equip 25% towards taxes due after 100% (20% a year for 5 yrs) allowed as computer equipment depreciation) maybe just maybe i will only lose 1/2 my $$$
I paid for this beast with that and what I can mine with it before it becomes a space heater/doorstop

so boy am I motivated now!

it is pain in the ass but then again I am in a lot of pain about this dubious Titan knc order.....so it is a fair fight

fryarminer

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:49:53 PM

Mining has hit an all-time-low: that scrypt mining would drive people to clean their attic!
bornil267645

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:56:04 PM

My attic is already clean and this pace is seriously driving me crazy....cm'on BTC...jump higher ! otherwise this mining will be history !

Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

Mining has hit an all-time-low: that scrypt mining would drive people to clean their attic!

yes scrambling for pennies from junk as an old fart I should die with and go for pennies at the estate auction....fine old fart I'm gonna be

(hey anything to salvage the ego..on the plus side I have two rare BOOK replicas of game of thrones swords from www.valeriansteel.com
before the HBO series took off...there is an easy 2k profit)

yippee!!!!              now more motivated in my attic mining....(then again the rest of my stuff may be junk....then again the Titan miner is kinda junk
gee symmetry the circle of getting screwed in the asic universe....

(note to self: resist temptation to fall on Game of Thrones sword....would be hard to get 1k for such doing so....) (ok its a bad joke but I do have the sword)

Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:59:20 AM

Post the pics when you're finished with that new man cave Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: