Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling BTC For Netellar  (Read 1516 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Apuse (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:28:30 AM

Hello

I am selling 1.3279BTC with Paypal and okpay

If u are paying by paypal , u must have done some transcations in paypal account and you should have verified paypal

Okpay , i can do any amount

Escrow Accepted , I need Payment to be sent first unless u are very trusted in which i will send first/

It will be open for only some days , if anyone interested can pm me
Already done some transcation here with members

shdvb
Legendary

Activity: 1606
Merit: 1001

Click the globe below to talk on live chat!

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 08:43:35 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583572.0

I can do:)

Buy/Sell/Exchange Bitcoins|LiveChat|Escrow| WeChat:btcotc2014/Telegram:@mingxingxu,Email:shdvb@hotmail.com.
Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:15:11 AM

Many transactions done via PayPal.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649248.0
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:50:35 PM

I will buy.
Will offer $540.
Escrow will provide no benefit with such a paypal deal. You either trust me to not charge back or you dont.

Let me know.
Cheers

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:06:56 PM

I will buy.
Will offer $540.
Escrow will provide no benefit with such a paypal deal. You either trust me to not charge back or you dont.

Let me know.
Cheers

Correction: Escrow will prevent the recently popular scam whereby the seller insists that you send first, using the excuse that, "It's PayPal, so if I scam you, you can always dispute the charge." However what invariably ends up happening is that once the scammer receives payment, he will off load the funds to a VCC and keep stalling you (ie. "My wallet is still syncing", "I lost internet connection", "I'm in the hospital right now", etc.). By the time you actually get around to initiating a reversal, he has already cashed out and has moved onto his next account.

The end goal here is to not only make sure that you don't get ripped off, but also that the scammer doesn't get a dime.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
kooy

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:02:31 PM

Original Transaction
 Date    Type    Status    Details    Amount
 Nov 14, 2014   Payment For Sterling Carpenter    Completed    ...   -$25.00 USD

Related Transaction
 Date    Type    Status    Details    Amount
 Nov 14, 2014   Add Funds from a Bank Account    CompletedYour transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.    Details   $25.13 USD

Sent to:   
Sterling Carpenter (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Unverified)
Email:   
mcent101@gmail.com
Payment amount:
(in currency funded)

-$25.00 USD

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM NEVER GOT BTC
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:13:44 PM

Told you.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
kooy

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:16:05 PM

Anything I can do about this? I had to send it as a gift and cant make a dispute  Embarrassed

Told you.
Cryptology
Legendary

Activity: 1008

In Cryptography We Trust

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:18:35 PM

Anything I can do about this? I had to send it as a gift and cant make a dispute  Embarrassed

Of course you can do a dispute. Just call paypal and tell them the payment was a mistake and is unauthorized. Do not recommend you tell them that your computer was hacked.
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 09:01:20 AM

I will buy.
Will offer $540.

Let me know.
Cheers

Correction: Escrow will prevent the recently popular scam whereby the seller insists that you send first, using the excuse that, "It's PayPal, so if I scam you, you can always dispute the charge." However what invariably ends up happening is that once the scammer receives payment, he will off load the funds to a VCC and keep stalling you (ie. "My wallet is still syncing", "I lost internet connection", "I'm in the hospital right now", etc.). By the time you actually get around to initiating a reversal, he has already cashed out and has moved onto his next account.

The end goal here is to not only make sure that you don't get ripped off, but also that the scammer doesn't get a dime.

Yes you are correct.

I guess I should of elaborated and mentioned in the post that in a 'newbie and senior' paypal deal you wont get the senior member sending 1st to a newbie. In that scenario an escrow wont add anything. Either an alternative to paypal will need to be found or the newbie will have to trust the senior member.

In pms to the op i mentioned that if he was legit wanting paypal, he should only deal with trusted nembers of this forum (whether that was me or another of the senior members) but to stay away from newbie/newbie paypal deals.

He chose to pass up my offer as well as two previous offers from trusted members and did his deal with another newish member. It happens all too often. This is despite good warnings all over this forum to new members (such as from yourself) about protecting against potential scams.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: