Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:18:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how many bitcoiners are there in india?  (Read 2060 times)
stellar69 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:23:20 AM

Was just wondering if someone could predict that how many bitcoiners/city exist in our country?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TigerMart

Activity: 268
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:49:36 AM

Was just wondering if someone could predict that how many bitcoiners/city exist in our country?

Only you and me... no one else Cheesy
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 06:36:31 PM

I posted similar question few months ago..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721425.0
You aren't gonna get any clear answer to this question , One can only predict the number but no one can say how credible that information is.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:26:39 AM

The number would be low compared to other countries, but it is definitely growing.
AwesomeTRADER

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 07:00:21 AM

There will be a steady increase in the near future considering the fact that the $250k investment in UNoCoin attracted a lot of eyeballs. Also, in Hyderabad, only me and 4 other friends use it as far as I know

puzzel.me

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:01:48 PM

I know a lot of people involved in bitcoin in delhi. As far as country is concerned, bitcointalk.org receives its 4% traffic from india
polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:00:33 AM

I know a lot of people involved in bitcoin in delhi. As far as country is concerned, bitcointalk.org receives its 4% traffic from india

Interesting. Were you able to get that 4% number from somewhere in this forum? I wasn't able to locate it...
puzzel.me

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 05:54:44 AM

Interesting. Were you able to get that 4% number from somewhere in this forum? I wasn't able to locate it...
few months ago someone on this forum only wrote the traffic source from google analytics . there the traffic from India was 4%
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:19:13 AM

few months ago someone on this forum only wrote the traffic source from google analytics . there the traffic from India was 4%

4% is much bigger than what I expected. It may be some creating a lot of accounts to sell. The prices are decent when you look in term of rupees.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

puzzel.me

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 07:41:54 AM

4% is much bigger than what I expected. It may be some creating a lot of accounts to sell. The prices are decent when you look in term of rupees.
Its not about accounts, its about the traffic and page views that you get.
stellar69 (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 03:06:19 PM

its would be really helpful if you can link to the source
philiveyjr
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:06:11 PM

That 4% definitely doesn't mean that 4% of all bitcoin holders are from this country as well. But, it could definitely mean a lot of indians are involved with transactions in bitcoin, which is actually great.

BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:29:42 PM

That 4% definitely doesn't mean that 4% of all bitcoin holders are from this country as well. But, it could definitely mean a lot of indians are involved with transactions in bitcoin, which is actually great.

Only established player like BTCXIndia, Unocaoin, Buysellbitcoin etc can provide us with approximates. I see no reason they'll reveal those data here. You should ask them directly to try luck.

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 03:14:28 PM

yeah 4% doesn't mean that those 4% hold any bitcoin or have BCT accounts, bitcoin recently gain so much popularity and most of them may be just curious to know more and more about it and bitciontalk will pop up in first few results if you do some random search on google.. so maybe thats the 4% traffic bitcointalk gets.

polynesia
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:59:58 AM

yeah 4% doesn't mean that those 4% hold any bitcoin or have BCT accounts, bitcoin recently gain so much popularity and most of them may be just curious to know more and more about it and bitciontalk will pop up in first few results if you do some random search on google.. so maybe thats the 4% traffic bitcointalk gets.

That is true.
It took me 4 months before I actually registered on bitcointalk.org and started posting in threads.
puzzel.me

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:21:42 AM

That is true.
It took me 4 months before I actually registered on bitcointalk.org and started posting in threads.
lets do an attendence to know how many are thereon btctalk! Present sir!
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 10:25:24 AM

Ok I will try to release some data, but it may take 3-4 days as I am busy with few things here.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
BTCIndia

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:12:45 AM

Ok I will try to release some data, but it may take 3-4 days as I am busy with few things here.

Regards

I appreciate your move!

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 12:26:04 PM

For a quick view this is what I can share at the moment :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmX_0duDjH75dEo5SWtsbHg5YUhMdngya0taVHpIRHc&usp=sharing

This sheet contains data of buysellbitco.in visitors spread across Cities in the konth of December 2013 when we suspended operations. I will try to release few more metrics as I get time.

Note : Sharing data is good thing and can help community to understand how things are going. But still if anyone thinks I should not post this let me know.

Regards
Mahin

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
stellar69 (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:32:51 PM

For a quick view this is what I can share at the moment :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmX_0duDjH75dEo5SWtsbHg5YUhMdngya0taVHpIRHc&usp=sharing

This sheet contains data of buysellbitco.in visitors spread across Cities in the konth of December 2013 when we suspended operations. I will try to release few more metrics as I get time.

Note : Sharing data is good thing and can help community to understand how things are going. But still if anyone thinks I should not post this let me know.

Regards
Mahin
go ahead and share the data. I dont have any problem, I feel that it will just help us to know the things in a better way.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: