Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:20:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea: Browser extension to identify authors of posts  (Read 879 times)
frisco2 (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 06:25:14 AM

I want to install a browser extension that allows me to click anywhere in a thread on major sites, such as Stack Overflow, Quora, Bitcointalk, Stack Exchange, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc and it will identify as best as possible the poster.  Once the poster is identified a window will show some actions.  Well, I am interested to add as an action "Give Tip" button. Another one could be "Get PGP key". Another one could be "identify this person to be this other user on another forum".  Another one: See what this person said in the last x days. So it will be general system with pluggable actions -- users will enable the ones they care about.

I will start a project on github and will welcome people to join in. The code will be all in JavaScript, without any server component.  The goal is to just identify a user in a forum and call registered plugin js functions itch that info.  This eas that there must some code that scans around clicked point and finds the poster, and as much other info as possible.  For example, for Bitcointalk, it would find the poster and his bitcoin address if published in comment signature.

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frisco2 (OP)

Activity: 312
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 07:18:06 AM

Well, the users themselves would. Most people reference in one forum their content in another forum. The readers who follow the chain will just document their discovered conclusion. This is good feature for people o check how sloppy they are about anonymity.

Security is not a problem since the code is open.

Also, tip jar is not a problem -- that's a site I am building -- check out propster.me

Crosspass -- a simple way to send passwords, encryption keys, bitcoin addresses, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: