Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinPrizeDraw.com - 3 BTC in prizes - 50 ticket limit - 15 prizes!?  (Read 8239 times)
Convicted2008

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 10:56:45 PM

I bought the other 6 tickets sold. I'm gonna buy 4 more tonight or so. Smiley GL everyone Smiley

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 04:19:30 AM

How do we know that you won't run off with the money? 

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Mue (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

MonetaryUnit. For Me,yoU,Everybody.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:06:53 AM

I bought the other 6 tickets sold. I'm gonna buy 4 more tonight or so. Smiley GL everyone Smiley
Great!
Thanks so much for helping to make this happen

MonetaryUnit > Homepage **
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:09:59 AM

It's really not worth killing the coin for 1btc is it?

mllenios

Activity: 154

PAMINTA 101

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:23:29 AM

Why not answer the question correctly?

Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 08:43:27 AM

I have.

In fact, I don't think there is a better answer.
I can expand on it, but in a nutshell, that is the only answer people need to know, and anyone with any concerns, should take a moment to have a think about it.

1) We have no incentive to keep the MUE and the BTC.  We have plenty of MUE in the pre-mine wallet for a start.
2) If we did keep the MUE & the BTC, this will be another scam coin, the MUE will have no value, so we couldn't sell it anyway.
3) For 1 BTC we will have killed a coin that I have personally invested at least $10,000 in, & hundreds of hours of work.

So, if anyone asks themselves "How do we know they won't run off with that 1 BTC & the MUE", the answer really is
"well, why would they"?

If anyone has any concerns about the_prof, again, not an issue.  Even if he did scam us
1) I would send an e-mail of me frowning VERY sternly at him!
2) I am the guarantor for this draw.  No one will get scammed, I am the insurance fund, so you know where to come if anything goes wrong.

I hope that makes sense, if any of it doesn't, take a moment to think on it, then fire me some questions, not a problem.

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:11:35 PM

Basically, if everyone would have calculated, every person here knows that they will currently be holding just 40% of the BTC1.

If you are thinking how, then below is the calculation:

When you give 4k MUE, it costs you nearly BTC0.002 based on 1 MUE = 50 sats on some exchanges.

So, 200 x 4000 (MUE) x 0.0000005 (BTC-MUE) = BTC0.4

But, if this is actually gonna work, then the things going on here are marvelous and I'm in if I'm assured that they are going to pay the winnings for sure.

Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2014, 02:31:34 PM

Basically, if everyone would have calculated, every person here knows that they will currently be holding just 40% of the BTC1.

If you are thinking how, then below is the calculation:

When you give 4k MUE, it costs you nearly BTC0.002 based on 1 MUE = 50 sats on some exchanges.

So, 200 x 4000 (MUE) x 0.0000005 (BTC-MUE) = BTC0.4

But, if this is actually gonna work, then the things going on here are marvelous and I'm in if I'm assured that they are going to pay the winnings for sure.
Yep, or also known as "This is costing me money to run"!!

For sustainability I would love if in the coming months this will be able to pay for itself.  It doesn't need to make anyone any money, but to be an ongoing fun project, it has to pay for itself.
Hopefully, over time, it will, and I am willing to foot that bill initially, in the hope we can really get this to take off.

I have a couple of people looking at automating a lot of the process, whilst still keeping the integrity of the publicly auditable results on Random.org and still having them completing the truly random draws, so the results are undisputable against the ledger of entrants.

We will post the entrants list soon, probably once we hit the 50 tickets mark or so.

Assuming the minimum entrants as per the OP are met, we WILL pay the winnings.
As I said in the previous post, it is simply not worth losing all investment in this coin for 1 BTC..simply not worth it.
I am totally committed to all aspects of the MUE project, and I guarantee the winnings will be paid.

SW725

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 02:42:39 PM

I have.

I can expand on it, but in a nutshell, that is the only answer people need to know, and anyone with any concerns, should take a moment to have a think about it.

1) We have no incentive to keep the MUE and the BTC.  We have plenty of MUE in the pre-mine wallet for a start.
2) If we did keep the MUE & the BTC, this will be another scam coin, the MUE will have no value, so we couldn't sell it anyway.
3) For 1 BTC we will have killed a coin that I have personally invested at least $10,000 in, & hundreds of hours of work.

So, if anyone asks themselves "How do we know they won't run off with that 1 BTC & the MUE", the answer really is
"well, why would they"?

If anyone has any concerns about the_prof, again, not an issue.  Even if he did scam us
2) I am the guarantor for this draw.  No one will get scammed, I am the insurance fund, so you know where to come if anything goes wrong.

I hope that makes sense, if any of it doesn't, take a moment to think on it, then fire me some questions, not a problem.

This one is a lot better than what you said first.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 03:15:25 PM

I have.

"well, why would they"?

This one is a lot better than what you said first.

The first reason was a good point, I wouldn't of argued with that.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
The_Prof

Activity: 345

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 03:48:12 AM

From my side:

As mentioned and worked out, on a full ticket sale I will only be holding enough for a value of up to 0.4 BTC. I have spent more than that myself on buying MUE. I would rather see a decent return on my investment in a year than take a big loss. Myself and the dev have spent plenty of time going back and forth working on the best way to do this in order for full transparency. As of yet, nobody who entered has asked to remain anonymous so everyone can see who purchased tickets later on before the draw.

But basically in a nut shell, I have no desire to take some ones hard work and throw it in the mud, nor do I feel like a collection of rude emails and messages. Finally, and this is the most important, I don't want to receive a picture of the dev 'frowning VERY sternly at me'

Look over there...
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 07:34:50 AM

Here is my BTC wallet with the prize fund
https://blockchain.info/address/1G3kGYYbxZaoEBfHqyGRWTQDUpGM42czht

drakoin

Activity: 826

see my profile

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 08:57:28 AM

I have bought 1 ticket.  Good luck to everyone!

:-)

And ... I bought a 2nd one.

no sign of a signature
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 09:11:58 AM

Great Smiley and you've just doubled your chance of winning a BTC prize!
Thanks for getting involved, the more the merrier

The_Prof

Activity: 345

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:49:35 AM

Just a quick informing note for everyone, we are 1 ticket away from a guaranteed draw.

Look over there...
Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 09:32:39 AM

Just a quick informing note for everyone, we are 1 ticket away from a guaranteed draw.
That's great news, thanks The_Prof.
At this rate I don't see any reason why this won't be a full prize give away.
I'm going to look at doing some more promotion work on this in the coming days to hopefully generate even more interest Smiley
Anyone involved, please feel free to promote this too, it's in everyones interest to get at least over 150 tickets sold, so we can assure the full prizes fund is given away, which is obviously my goal.
You never know, there may even be some surprises in store too  Wink

Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 04:30:02 PM

I have just bought my third lottery ticket with MUE!

^^^^
Which means...this draw is DEFINITELY going ahead!  Grin

Convicted2008

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 06:09:43 PM

When is the drawing? Says 2 weeks after the post. OP was on the 14th.. That's almost 3 weeks now. Or did I misinterpret something.

Mue (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 07:08:37 PM

When is the drawing? Says 2 weeks after the post. OP was on the 14th.. That's almost 3 weeks now. Or did I misinterpret something.
Sorry for the confusion.
The draw actually opened 29th November as per post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857407.msg9688626#msg9688626
The OP was just edited to reflect the details of the live draw, but was initially a teaser trailer.
Hope that clarifies?

Convicted2008

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 11:12:38 PM

Ok thank you very much. I didn't read well enough I don't guess. Thank you for the info.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: