Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LITE COIN value in beginning of 2015?  (Read 2882 times)
omegazcoin (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

Anyone have any ideas about how LTC will be doing in the next few months. I have only read threads which are kind of outrageous stating 100+ value, and are out dated.

I know some new mining equipment may raise the price as well. Just wanted to see what others thought.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:04:31 PM

Litecoin isn't good for anything but daily trading and pump and dumps. Hasn't done anything in so long.. did it ever do anything?
lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:06:49 PM

Litecoin isn't good for anything but daily trading and pump and dumps. Hasn't done anything in so long.. did it ever do anything?
It was exciting once. CPU mineable thanks to alternative algo, shorter confirmation time, and so on.
troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:10:32 PM

It's value should remain 1% of bitcoin, as there is no new innovation or some great stuff coming, it might stay at 1%.
But, there is sell pressure due to scrypt mining LTC and exchanging them for BTC. So, might even go down...
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:19:49 PM

will hit $100 on the next bitcoin bubble whenever that may be
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:33:44 PM

Tell yourself this, if LTC has a future why hasn't Coinbase started letting you buy LTC when Charlie Lee himself works there? He can't even convince his superiors to build a market for it.
belmonty

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

If bitcoin will keep descending in the trendline then all altcoins will follow.

If you are about to invest in btc i would advice you to watch the market 2 more months.

I think if bitcoin falls, litecoin will fall faster, but if bitcoin rises litecoin might rise faster. I'm still not too sure what effect the new mining equipment will have. It's been available for a while and litecoin is still in third place.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 08:56:28 PM

Litecoin has one main problem: the devs and community have no plan how to further develope the coin. Just gamble. The price is low.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:32:47 AM

The problem with all these so called innovative newer coins, is its only token innovation for the sake of pumping the price up.

Innovations useless in crypto currency unless its innovation to help real world usability and adoption.

Been around this forum and behind the scenes on many alts, still yet to see an alt better then litecoin. Litecoin took the tried and tested bitcoin and improved on it, and as real mainstream benefits for widespread adoption over bitcoin.

Latest short btc spike shows ltc still in toe.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:35:12 AM

Litecoin has one main problem: the devs and community have no plan how to further develope the coin. Just gamble. The price is low.

Certainly better then alts that panic and make extreme changes at the drop of a hat to match the latest fad.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:43:24 AM

Litecoin is on a long term downtrend.
I don't see it recovering anytime soon.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Don Flamenco

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 03:26:37 AM

My guess is it will mirror bitcoin - I'm guessing between 4-5 dollars.  It may be "dead" from a development aspect, but it's still the #3 coin and is heavily traded.
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:54:33 AM

If bitcoin will keep descending in the trendline then all altcoins will follow.

If you are about to invest in btc i would advice you to watch the market 2 more months.

I think if bitcoin falls, litecoin will fall faster, but if bitcoin rises litecoin might rise faster. I'm still not too sure what effect the new mining equipment will have. It's been available for a while and litecoin is still in third place.
If history is any predictor then LTC will fall more in fiat terms when bitcoin falls, and LTC will rise less in fiat in fiat terms when bitcoin rises. In terms of bitcoin, LTC will pretty much always fall.
cryptogeeknext

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin trolls back

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:07:56 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2014, 01:42:12 PM by cryptogeeknext

What innovation has gold and silver provided for thousands of years?
Exactly! Being true to its original core values - staying shiny and scarce.
Maybe some product or invention provided more value at some point due its innovative properties and usefulness, but stability and predictability has always won in the long term.

EDIT:

True innovation will come from enthusiasts all over the world free in their quest to figure out the most energy efficient solutions for computation. These may include advancements in electronics beyond silicon, deeper understanding of cryptographic hash functions as well as new energy sources, which will eventually find their application in other areas of human life.

Note that there is still more than half of all litecoins under the digital crust of our crypto-earth, and that's after 3 years of operation! Litecoin is a long shot, and its silver analogy to Bitcoin's gold is more or less correct.
So the price might get interesting in the future.

there is an element of everything in every thing
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:14:01 PM

Beginning of 2015 - $3, end of 2015 - $1.
paduser

Activity: 432

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:20:05 PM

I think it will follow the bitcoins like it does now. Every rise of Bitcoins also means a rise of the Litecoin.
zing96

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:13:04 PM

I think it will follow the bitcoins like it does now. Every rise of Bitcoins also means a rise of the Litecoin.

Yeah me too.  I think it will always be btc's little brother.  It's a cheaper alternative.
uvt9

Activity: 300

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 04:13:39 PM

No, LTC has been decoupled from BTC. Few months ago LTC was standing still at 7 or 9 dollars (i can't remember exactly) while BTC got pumped from 400-ish to 600+. And current price is 3-4. I guess it won't change much at beginning of 2015 unless there is a HUGE change in BTC price.
flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 06:24:01 PM

how do you think at the end of 2015 will any altcoin overtake ltc to claim the 2nd place? and if you want to diversify btc investment is it ltc or some other coin to go with Smiley

cryptogeeknext

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Bitcoin trolls back

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:06:02 PM

how do you think at the end of 2015 will any altcoin overtake ltc to claim the 2nd place? and if you want to diversify btc investment is it ltc or some other coin to go with Smiley

Follow the money, I mean the trading volume (coinmarketcap dot com)

there is an element of everything in every thing
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: