Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if you had 1 million BTC but couldn't keep any of it?  (Read 2141 times)
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:15:31 PM

Auction it and help everyone in the world.

How would you auction Bitcoin?  Huh

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoobKidOnTheBlock (OP)

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:42:11 PM

It's interesting how many people would wanna keep it to themselves. With ~$400,000,000, you wouldn't want to donate any of it. I'd be happy with half of that amount, let alone the whole million BTC
See that's what I found funny as well is how many people would try and try and try to just keep it for themselves and not share any of it Smiley I mean 400 million dollars is a lot of cheddar and you could very comfortably live off 200 million for the rest of your life.  I kind of just wanted to use this question as an experiment to see what kind of answers I would get from people but I also guess I should have stated that no matter what you do with the BTC whether it be sell it off for money you still cannot keep any of the 1 million BTC or what you get for the 1 million BTC. lol but still quite interesting that the majority of people that have posted on this thread wouldn't share any of it. 

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

mordekaiser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:03:42 PM

id spend on it everyone, if i couldnt keep it.
premium_domainer
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:53:52 PM

i will give it to my community

| 500+ Premium Crypto domains for sale | CryptoMagazine.org | Advertise in my Signature for free by PM'ing me | BitcoinsChannel.com | CryptoUniversity.org  | Are you able to see this?
Nobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

In holiday we trust

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:09:47 PM

I buy the most expensive cars in the world and have stock car racing with my friends
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:19:13 PM

Ebay....  Smiley
thehybrid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:46:55 AM

I would probably agree to setting up some charity in my own name, like that one guy mention.

Esp the part where he pays him self and employees lol.
NoobKidOnTheBlock (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:42:20 AM

Ebay....  Smiley
You could easily set up and auction for Bitcoin the U.S marshalls do it everytime they seize them from one of those underground websites lol Just ask them how to do it Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:10:12 AM

Ebay....  Smiley
You could easily set up and auction for Bitcoin the U.S marshalls do it everytime they seize them from one of those underground websites lol Just ask them how to do it Smiley

Any real world auction house will auction off anything especially if it  is worth 400+  million  dollars

They work for  a % Smiley
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:37:14 AM

I'd feed a few thousand children every day for the next 10 years. (see link in sig).

Then I'd have the rest donated to my military unit to fund medical, dental, and engineering missions for the next 10 years (and get myself promoted to Colonel while doing all that.)

A million BTC is really too much, it would take me several life times to deplete it all responsibly, unless you don't mind me giving away ten thousand at a time.

I'd donate a few to some local government units to build some well paved roads ASAP where they are needed, probably overpaying the workers by a factor of 10.

I'd give a few thousand each (converted to fiat) to every mayor in every city within my region, only to be used to do "good" projects, like build schools, fix stuff, feed more dying people, etc. All of them will probably be overpaid as well.

That should last me about 10 to 20 years.

Keeping none for myself, because after I have helped millions of people, something is sure to come back.

NoobKidOnTheBlock (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:21:46 AM

I'd feed a few thousand children every day for the next 10 years. (see link in sig).

Then I'd have the rest donated to my military unit to fund medical, dental, and engineering missions for the next 10 years (and get myself promoted to Colonel while doing all that.)

A million BTC is really too much, it would take me several life times to deplete it all responsibly, unless you don't mind me giving away ten thousand at a time.

I'd donate a few to some local government units to build some well paved roads ASAP where they are needed, probably overpaying the workers by a factor of 10.

I'd give a few thousand each (converted to fiat) to every mayor in every city within my region, only to be used to do "good" projects, like build schools, fix stuff, feed more dying people, etc. All of them will probably be overpaid as well.

Keeping none for myself, because after I have helped millions of people, something is sure to come back.
Congrats!! This is one of the best answers I have seen yet!!! The fact that you realize the potential to help out millions of people with such a vast wealth and understanding that good karma is always rewarded in one way or another I must say I am absolutely astonished and respectful of your answer good sir Smiley Made my entire day to be honest Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:43:32 AM

You're the only person in this thread who spent more than 5 seconds on an answer lol.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:15:07 AM

I would deposit them into a Bitfinex margin account. Then I'd write a bot to use all available margin to alternate between long and short positions every 3 hours (plus or minus some random number of minutes).
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:20:57 AM

Well, I think it will pay off.

I mean, think about it:

I donate to several presidential candidates, to help their campaigns.
I donate to several mayors, (17 cities in my jurisdiction, or area of responsibility.) for social projects.
I donate to several departments, national security, public works, highways, infrastructure, local police, local military.

Even if I never get a single fiat or bitcoin by giving it all away, I am sure I will be one of those few people in my area who won't have a problem with any permits, licensing, contracts, or any of the usual red tape, for everything from guns (legal), to bodyguards, to business permits, to construction, to traffic incidents ...

I mean, 1 million BTC = 387 Million United States Dollars = 17 Billion Philippine Peso.

1 Billion Peso per Mayor in my area? I'll have no problems for the rest of my life living here. (Oh, and that's over time, like 10~20 years, not lump sum. The OP did not specify a time frame.)

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: